Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 7:25 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New Delaware Promotion

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 10 years ago by lottobrain.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Delaware
United States
Member #30273
January 14, 2006
494 Posts
Posted: December 18, 2006, 1:29 pm - IP Logged

Delaware still has to sell close to 35K tickets for its raffle that it started back on October 30th (100K tickets overall). I just got an email that says now you will get a free Powerball quickpick with a raffle ticket. Take it for what it's worth.

United States
    Member #379
    June 5, 2002
    11296 Posts
    Posted: December 18, 2006, 5:40 pm - IP Logged

Maybe they should make it retroactive for all raffle players. Hopefully Delaware is realizing it should have gone with Hot Lotto.

United States
      Member #379
      June 5, 2002
      11296 Posts
      Posted: December 18, 2006, 5:55 pm - IP Logged

It's on the Delaware Lotto webpage. www.delottery.com

What happens if Delaware doesn't sell out?

California
        United States
        Member #46824
        October 1, 2006
        270 Posts
        Posted: December 18, 2006, 6:30 pm - IP Logged

CASH Only....this is the sort of post from you that can drive people crazy! 

Referring to your other post; you want to see lotteries offer lump-sum payouts in all games and see a minimum of a 50% payout.  These are causes that make sense and need someone to champion their case.  Keep on doing this!

However, when you say that a lottery should not have done a raffle (a one time limited offer) and should have gone with Hot Lotto (an ongonig game) that makes no sense!

United States
          Member #1826
          July 11, 2003
          2645 Posts
          Posted: December 18, 2006, 8:56 pm - IP Logged

CASH Only....this is the sort of post from you that can drive people crazy! 

Referring to your other post; you want to see lotteries offer lump-sum payouts in all games and see a minimum of a 50% payout.  These are causes that make sense and need someone to champion their case.  Keep on doing this!

However, when you say that a lottery should not have done a raffle (a one time limited offer) and should have gone with Hot Lotto (an ongonig game) that makes no sense!

He's got a point. A raffle is a much different and a much less daunting endevour than a permanent game like Hot Lotto. Hey, I'd love to be able to take the R2 down to Wilmington every time I visit Philly and pick up a Hot Lotto ticket as much as the next guy, but to compare it to a one draw, quick-pick only game is like comparing apples and orange soda. 

By the way, the Delaware raffle is a much better deal than most of the other raffles out there (only Maryland's raffle, IMHO, is better).

(insert signature here)

Delaware
            United States
            Member #30273
            January 14, 2006
            494 Posts
            Posted: December 18, 2006, 9:51 pm - IP Logged

He's got a point. A raffle is a much different and a much less daunting endevour than a permanent game like Hot Lotto. Hey, I'd love to be able to take the R2 down to Wilmington every time I visit Philly and pick up a Hot Lotto ticket as much as the next guy, but to compare it to a one draw, quick-pick only game is like comparing apples and orange soda. 

By the way, the Delaware raffle is a much better deal than most of the other raffles out there (only Maryland's raffle, IMHO, is better).

Delaware's Raffle is a very good deal if they don't sell 34,000 tickets in the next 13 days. I wouldn't anticipate it happening. I doubt Delaware will do another raffle, but then again, nothing surprises me with this state lottery.

It's too bad Delaware Lottery is so messed up because Delaware really is a nice place to live and it is actually contrary to most state operations, which are generally (but not 100%) responsive to the public. I speak from experiences I've had dealing with major issues with the government.

lottobrain's avatar - box
              Smyrna, DE
              United States
              Member #10074
              January 1, 2005
              125 Posts
              Posted: December 19, 2006, 10:13 pm - IP Logged

Yes, the Delaware raffle to win $250,000 is a pretty good bet compared to the Powerball odds to win $200,000 at apprx 1 in 3.5 milllion. And of course there are 5- $25,000 prizes and 200 or so $500 prizes.  Delaware lottery got burned pretty good today in the mid day draw when they had to pay out about $62,000 on the pick 3 number 510 and $228,000 on the 4 digit number 1231.  This may not sound like much to the folks living in the big states like PA, etc., but Delaware has a cutoff on their numbers when the potential payout gets to $350,000. 1123 has been cutoff nearly every draw in the last 3 or 4 days that I have checked.