Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Illinois lottery > Hoosier

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Indiana
United States
Member #40539
June 3, 2006
11 Posts
Posted: December 19, 2006, 4:03 am - IP Logged

I'm going to go off on a rant here because i was born and raised in Illinois. I come from a long line of lucky gamblers. My father taught me how to play craps, my mother taught me how to play cards, and my grandmother got me started with the lottery when i was very young. 

I used to play anywhere from 20-30 bucks a week depending on if i won. I used win all the time on pick 3, and scratchers. 

Two years ago I moved to the hoosier state to start school at Purdue. I tried all the different games indiana has to offer. 

Pull Tabs = useless

Scratch Tickets= Never ever hit in this area (only small prizes 2$-10$)

lotto, daily 3, 4 and lucky 5 never hit and i'm suspicious of their computer generated results.

The only game i can play out here is powerball. Damn i miss Illinois lottery.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23269 Posts
    Posted: December 19, 2006, 7:58 am - IP Logged

A lot of other people feel the same.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10351 Posts
      Posted: December 19, 2006, 10:14 am - IP Logged

It's not like it's traveling across the U.S. to go from Lafayette to the Illinois line, uinless you're insisting on playing in one of the "home of Winners" - a Chicago area White Hen Pantry. But now they're 7-11's, or soon going to be. 

Think advanced play.

Personally, I haven't fared a whole lot better in Illinois but I'm only a $2 - $3 a day player. 

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23269 Posts
        Posted: December 19, 2006, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

It's not like it's traveling across the U.S. to go from Lafayette to the Illinois line, uinless you're insisting on playing in one of the "home of Winners" - a Chicago area White Hen Pantry. But now they're 7-11's, or soon going to be. 

Think advanced play.

Personally, I haven't fared a whole lot better in Illinois but I'm only a $2 - $3 a day player. 

Hey Coin Toss, that's not a bad idea (advance play).  Years ago it would be more difficult, because you'd have to track down the results, but with something like Lottery Post tying all the states together in one place, it's much easier and better.  Plus, just about every state has mail-in claims forms, so you don't need to travel back to the state.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!