Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 10:16 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

the lure of KENO

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Pilot.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
NYC
United States
Member #43059
July 12, 2006
39 Posts
Posted: December 19, 2006, 1:22 pm - IP Logged

Hey All:

Does anyone here play NY Keno on a regular basis? I have been playing pretty religiously for about a year now. The thing that is so funny is that it SEEMS like it should be easy! I have used Gail Howards wheels and followed her analysis, which is pretty close to the mark, e.g. on average 5 numbers repeat, 3- 6 numbers hit that were out one, 2-4 hit out 2 etc, etc...but I have won at most $70 and usually win $4 for not hitting any in my line of 10!

I can't get it through my head that this is not easy- even though I have shelled out way more than I've won-because of the patterns, they are much more detectible and obvious than other games. Yesterday only 2 numbers repeated and I expect today that at least 5 will repeat, if not more, and the other thing about this Keno game is flag formations happen constantly.

Consecutive numbers are also fairly common. Hi-Lo, odd- even, it's all right there but slips away every time. I sometimes get this image of a nasty little gremlin laughing at me, kind of a cross between the tazmanian devil and chucky, the keeper of the Keno hits. He fools me eveytime. I REALLY want to beat this game.

What do you other Keno players think about this game??

Pilot

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
    Member #41383
    June 16, 2006
    1969 Posts
    Posted: December 19, 2006, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

When I play, I never play more than a Pick 4.

I developed a computer program to search through 1,500+ Keno games looking for any consistency from a pool of numbers I fed into it, meaning I'd have it look for a game with 6-8 preset numbers of my choosing, and it could not find that string on a consistent basis.

I was thinking if I could find a 6 or 7 or 8 number combination that was 'guaranteed' to hit once every 1,000 games, I'd play it, but I never found one. 

BTW, I'm not in NY. 

Canada
      Member #2859
      November 23, 2003
      463 Posts
      Posted: December 19, 2006, 4:29 pm - IP Logged

keno usually has much better odds that 649 type games. I like keno personally.

can you play increased bets / ticket, ie $2 or $5 for a 4 or 5 liner? 

when i see big winners it's because they bet more / ticket. 

NYC
        United States
        Member #43059
        July 12, 2006
        39 Posts
        Posted: December 19, 2006, 4:44 pm - IP Logged

can you play increased bets / ticket, ie $2 or $5 for a 4 or 5 liner?

when i see big winners it's because they bet more / ticket.

hey vick.

No, not in the daily game, which is what I play, you can at the video places where they have "quick draw" every couple of minutes...the daily game is strictly a 10/20/80. If you don't hit ANY out of 10 you get $4. i've thought about making that my strategy...playing to lose...6 of 10 wins $10 7=$40 8=$300 9=$6,000 10=$500,000!
        it's you against the house so no sharing the jackpot.

pilot

Canada
          Member #2859
          November 23, 2003
          463 Posts
          Posted: December 19, 2006, 5:07 pm - IP Logged

but it's not easy to LOSE either ) ie 0/10 or 0/20

here in Ontario it's 10/20/70 daily.

i've hit 6/6 = $1000 sometimes, 5/5, 4/4's, 8/10's etc. 

a fellow up here about 1 year ago hit 10/10 and he had bet $10 on it !!!! = $250,000 X 10 = $2.5 Million Tax Free. 

retxx's avatar - mrthumbs
            BOSTON
            United States
            Member #48
            September 9, 2001
            3611 Posts
            Posted: December 19, 2006, 10:43 pm - IP Logged

I enjoy keno. In Mass. every 4 minutes a game of 20/80. I play 11 spots. My best hit so far was an 8 of 11 for a $250.00 payoff. My play is using the same numbers on 3 rows only. They are on the 20's 30's and 50's. I would like to see your program you use and try it here if you would post it or e-mail it to me. I will see how it fares here. If you would like the numbers I play p m me and I will send them.

NYC
              United States
              Member #43059
              July 12, 2006
              39 Posts
              Posted: December 20, 2006, 11:07 am - IP Logged

Hi Retxx,

What I usually do is play a few that I think will repeat, and a few that are one off either higher or lower than a hit, and then I just wheel 20 of them, sometimes I pick based on a "feeling" of a number that has been repeating within the last 10 or so games. But the video parlour keno games that happen so fast don't allow that kind of analysis-I don't know if they follow a similar pattern than the daily games do...but if they do,you just have sit and watch a few games, no more than 3, and bet on numbers that hit in those games, IF that is the pattern you see, I bet it is a similar pattern.

I have never tried to play the same numbers over and over, I don't know how that might work out. Maybe I should try some of that video keno, I did play it before, but I was very unfamiliar with the game and got discouraged, it seemed too complicated. The best I've ever done is 7/10 for $40.