Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:22 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

MEga Millions!!

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 10 years ago by joshuacloak.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Who usually wins the jackpot? the people who picks their number or quick pickers?

Quick Picks! [ 33 ]  [94.29%]
people who pick their own number [ 2 ]  [5.71%]
Total Valid Votes [ 35 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
San Francisco
United States
Member #48105
December 9, 2006
2 Posts
Posted: December 23, 2006, 3:40 am - IP Logged

I just wanted to know and if you buy quick pick... how much do you buy? i usually buy 5-10 dollars ticket.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23262 Posts
    Posted: December 23, 2006, 8:35 am - IP Logged

<Moved to Jackpot Games forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

United States
      Member #16612
      June 2, 2005
      3493 Posts
      Posted: December 23, 2006, 12:11 pm - IP Logged

My vote is quick picks because I see most of the time, players win jackpot with this formula.

United States
        Member #10720
        January 23, 2005
        933 Posts
        Posted: December 26, 2006, 10:38 am - IP Logged

The reason the QP's win more is because they are played more. We who use systems limit how many we play because it's a pain in the to fill out more than one or two betslips or to recite the numbers to a store clerk. When there is a big jackpot especially, people who don't normally play and in a hurry might ask for "10 quick picks" (or more) because they aren't sure what to play on that many boards. When someone picks their own #s and wins normally it is with one or two plays and often on lower jackpots. When I got the "5" it was with two $1 plays that I picked myself. The upshot is, if you play 10 tickets you are 5 times as likely as with 2 tickets (all else being equal) but you'd have to spend 5 times as much, but with a decent algorithm you can make 2 tickets play almost like 10 tickets using QP.

California
          United States
          Member #46824
          October 1, 2006
          270 Posts
          Posted: December 26, 2006, 11:08 am - IP Logged

The reason the QP's win more is because they are played more. We who use systems limit how many we play because it's a pain in the to fill out more than one or two betslips or to recite the numbers to a store clerk. When there is a big jackpot especially, people who don't normally play and in a hurry might ask for "10 quick picks" (or more) because they aren't sure what to play on that many boards. When someone picks their own #s and wins normally it is with one or two plays and often on lower jackpots. When I got the "5" it was with two $1 plays that I picked myself. The upshot is, if you play 10 tickets you are 5 times as likely as with 2 tickets (all else being equal) but you'd have to spend 5 times as much, but with a decent algorithm you can make 2 tickets play almost like 10 tickets using QP.

LckyLary...first congrats on getting the "5", particuarly on a self pick.

Second, please explain what you mean by "with a decent algorithim you can make 2 tickets play almost like 10 tickets using QP."

konane's avatar - wallace
            Atlanta, GA
            United States
            Member #1265
            March 13, 2003
            3333 Posts
            Posted: December 26, 2006, 12:38 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!

Good luck to everyone!

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
              Indiana
              United States
              Member #48725
              January 7, 2007
              1953 Posts
              Posted: January 24, 2007, 5:02 pm - IP Logged

LckyLary...first congrats on getting the "5", particuarly on a self pick.

Second, please explain what you mean by "with a decent algorithim you can make 2 tickets play almost like 10 tickets using QP."

There are obvious ways you can improve your odds of winning.Wink

joshuacloak's avatar - Money Swim-uncle-scrooge-mcduck-35997717-677-518.jpg

United States
                Member #32537
                February 12, 2006
                698 Posts
                Posted: January 24, 2007, 6:06 pm - IP Logged

there sure is ways 

like buy 42 tickets get 3 bucks free!

make sure all 42 are all the diff powerballs numbers

that way you have to hit the  powerball

and get your self 3 bucks off or 3 more bucks to spend!

for the price of 42 tickets you get 45!imp your odds with less cost!

lolness