Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:20 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Do these stats hold true for other 5 draw lotto games besides CA's F5

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 10 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Bay Area, CA
United States
Member #48295
December 20, 2006
10 Posts
Posted: December 24, 2006, 3:02 pm - IP Logged

In approximately 21 draws out of 100, or 1 draw in every 5, 4 of the 5 numbers selected will have been drawn in the last 6 draws.  In approximately 5 draws out of 100, all 5 numbers selected will have been drawn in the last 6 draws.  In earlier research from about two years ago, I had read a few sources that said statisticians figured out a long time ago that that was a very good way to significantly increase your chances of winning by only picking from a limited subset of numbers, not all 39.  Do other 5 draw lotto games, besides CA's Fantasy 5, exhibit this tendency of 1 draw out of 5 will have 4 numbers picked from within the last 6 draws? The CA Fantasy 5 game has many, many recurring trends that can be observed.  Since my career involves database work and programming, with occasional statistics thrown in, I've used the 5 draw lotto game (F5) as an excuse to use different facets of database and spreadsheet programming (with a bit of probability theory tossed in as well) that tracks a number of recurring trends.  Eight years later, I've built up a considerable block of code, won 4/5 about 5 times, there's been many times, multiple 3/5 on the same day.  And I've also found many really good indicators such as when all 5 numbers selected will have been drawn in the last 6 draws.  Lots more to follow.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19821 Posts
    Posted: December 24, 2006, 11:10 pm - IP Logged

In the last 500 drawings of Ohio Rolling Cash5 (5/39)
    5 of 5 numbers were drawn in the previous drawings as follows:

previous drawings/number of occurrences

3/3 
        4/4
        5/4
        6/12
        7/18
        8/21
        9/26
      10/21
      11/26
      12/30
      13/40
      14/26
      15/19
      16/22
      17/22
      18/19
      19/29
      20/11
      21/20
      22/8

50% were 15 drawings or less and the rest were 16-54 drawings 

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
      Member #13130
      March 30, 2005
      2171 Posts
      Posted: December 26, 2006, 10:33 am - IP Logged

EVZ,

If you find another 5/39 game to run your stats checker against, you have a good chance of seeing a similar pattern. Things will "shift" a bit if the pool size is not 39. 

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
      Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

scott_one's avatar - abstract
        Lapeer, MI
        United States
        Member #9977
        December 29, 2004
        31 Posts
        Posted: January 4, 2007, 5:01 am - IP Logged

In the last 6 draws there will be (assuming no repeats) 30 numbers which is approximately 77% of all the numbers in a 5 of 39 game. Even if you could narrow it down that much, picking the right combination of numbers would still be the challenge.

Young Harris, GA
          United States
          Member #43629
          July 22, 2006
          4 Posts
          Posted: January 4, 2007, 11:44 pm - IP Logged

I had noticed a similar trend in the Georgia Fantasy 5, but never knew how to follow up on it.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19821 Posts
            Posted: January 5, 2007, 12:46 am - IP Logged

In the last 6 draws there will be (assuming no repeats) 30 numbers which is approximately 77% of all the numbers in a 5 of 39 game. Even if you could narrow it down that much, picking the right combination of numbers would still be the challenge.

In the last 500 drawings for the Ohio RC5(5/39) the numbers drawn in six drawings have included a group that ranged from 16 to 27 numbers and 22 of those times all 5 winning numbers were among them and 8 times none of the winning numbers were in the group.

During that same time it took 7 to 16 drawings to cover 30 numbers.

Evil Looking       

Bay Area, CA
              United States
              Member #48295
              December 20, 2006
              10 Posts
              Posted: January 5, 2007, 1:56 am - IP Logged

The range of unique numbers for CA's Fantasy 5 (i.e. counted only once in the last 6 draws, even if they've repeated more than once) has ranged from 17 to 27 in the last 1808 draws -- roughly the same as RJoh's findings for Ohio.  Conversely, in only 2% of the draws in 100 (the long term avg.) have zero (of 5) numbers repeating from anywhere w/in the last 6 draws…. This is for California's Fantasy 5, other 5 draw lottery games (pseudo-random machine drawings and "5 balls in the hopper") may have "mileage that varies"; --- I'd be interested to know if there were other 5 draw lotto games that had significantly different numbers ... either pseudo-random or the hopper.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19821 Posts
                Posted: January 5, 2007, 7:24 am - IP Logged

The range of unique numbers for CA's Fantasy 5 (i.e. counted only once in the last 6 draws, even if they've repeated more than once) has ranged from 17 to 27 in the last 1808 draws -- roughly the same as RJoh's findings for Ohio.  Conversely, in only 2% of the draws in 100 (the long term avg.) have zero (of 5) numbers repeating from anywhere w/in the last 6 draws…. This is for California's Fantasy 5, other 5 draw lottery games (pseudo-random machine drawings and "5 balls in the hopper") may have "mileage that varies"; --- I'd be interested to know if there were other 5 draw lotto games that had significantly different numbers ... either pseudo-random or the hopper.

Following the CA's Fantasy5 for 1808 drawings, you must have seen some combinations of fives repeat.  I followed Buckeye5(5/37) for 2723 drawings from 04/06/93 to 10/02/04 and saw five combinations of 5's repeat.

Evil Looking