Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 6:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

For GUESSER

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 10 years ago by guesser.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
Member #14
November 9, 2001
31361 Posts
Posted: December 27, 2006, 12:41 am - IP Logged

The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called the Rainbow Bridge.  When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that petgoes to the Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all our special friends so they can run and play together.  There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

The animals are very happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who has  been left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance.  Suddenly he runs from the group, flying over the green grass.  You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again.

The happy kisses rain upon your face.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.

In memory of Chino - Guesser's kitty - who passed today.

United States
    Member #2460
    October 7, 2003
    766 Posts
    Posted: December 27, 2006, 2:56 am - IP Logged

The Rainbow Bridge

Just this side of heaven is a place called the Rainbow Bridge.  When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that petgoes to the Rainbow Bridge.

There are meadows and hills for all our special friends so they can run and play together.  There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

The animals are very happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who has  been left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance.  Suddenly he runs from the group, flying over the green grass.  You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again.

The happy kisses rain upon your face.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.

In memory of Chino - Guesser's kitty - who passed today.

Emily

You are a sweetheart!

That is very very nice.

EXCALIBUR is no more that "Handle" is dead, gone.
    Maybe sometime in the future I might come back as LANTERN again, but maybe not, if I don't come back as LANTERN in the future then I won't come back at all, but as I said there is no more EXCALIBUR.

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
      Member #14
      November 9, 2001
      31361 Posts
      Posted: December 27, 2006, 12:36 pm - IP Logged

This was sent to me when i had two of my  Kitty 7 put to sleep on same day.  It made me cry and then i felt better.

love to nibble those micey feet.

Sunny California
        United States
        Member #40295
        May 31, 2006
        7712 Posts
        Posted: December 27, 2006, 4:23 pm - IP Logged

Very nice and thoughful thread, emilyg! Nothing sadder then having to put our "best little friends" down.  I've no doubt we will all meet again someday!  Blue Angel

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
          Member #41383
          June 16, 2006
          1969 Posts
          Posted: December 27, 2006, 9:58 pm - IP Logged

I appreciate the kind words, thank you all.

Below is something I found on the web a few years ago, I read it all the time, it applies to any animal/pet/family member you want it to:

A Man and His Dog ! 

A man and his dog were walking along a road.

The man was enjoying the scenery, when it suddenly occurred to him that he was dead. He remembered dying, and that his faithful dog had been dead for many years. He wondered where the road was leading them.

After a while, they came to a high, white stone wall along one side of the road. It lookedlike fine marble. As he reached the wall, he saw a magnificent gate in the arch, and the street that led to the gate made from pure gold. He and the dog walked toward the gate, and as he got closer, he saw a man at a desk to one side. When he was close enough, he called out,

"Excuse me, where are we?" 

"This is heaven, sir," the man answered. 

"Wow! Would you happen to have some water?

We have traveled far," theman said. 

"Of course, sir. Come right in, and I'll have some ice water brought right up." The man gestured, and the gate began to open. 

"Can my friend," gesturing toward his dog, "come in, too?" the traveler asked. 

"I'm sorry, sir, but we don't accept pets." 

The man thought a moment, remembering all the years this dog remained loyal to him and then turned back toward the road and continued the way he had been going.

After another long walk he came to a plain dirt road, which led through a farm gate that looked as if it had never been closed. There was no fence.

As he approached the gate, he saw a man inside, leaning against a tree and reading a book. 

"Excuse me!" he called to the reader.

"Do you have any water?  We have traveled so very far." 

"Yes, sure, there's a faucet over there." The man pointed to a place that couldn't be seen from outside the gate.

"Come on in and help yourself." 

"How about my friend here?" the traveler gestured to his dog. 

"There should be a bowl by the faucet; he is welcome to share." They went through the gate, and sure enough, there was an old-fashioned faucet with a bowl beside it. The traveler filled the bowl and took along drink himself, then he gave some to the dog. When they were full, he and the dog walked back toward the man who was standing by the tree waiting for them. 

"What do you call this place?" the traveler asked. 

"This is heaven," was the answer. 

"Well, that's confusing," the traveler said.

"The man down the road said that was heaven, too." 

"Oh, you mean the place with the gold street and pearly gates? Nope.That's hell." 

"Doesn't it make you mad for them to use your name like that?" 

"No. We're just happy that they screen out the folks who'd leave their best friends behind in exchange for material things." 

Author Unknown

United States
            Member #2460
            October 7, 2003
            766 Posts
            Posted: December 28, 2006, 2:38 am - IP Logged

I appreciate the kind words, thank you all.

Below is something I found on the web a few years ago, I read it all the time, it applies to any animal/pet/family member you want it to:

A Man and His Dog ! 

A man and his dog were walking along a road.

The man was enjoying the scenery, when it suddenly occurred to him that he was dead. He remembered dying, and that his faithful dog had been dead for many years. He wondered where the road was leading them.

After a while, they came to a high, white stone wall along one side of the road. It lookedlike fine marble. As he reached the wall, he saw a magnificent gate in the arch, and the street that led to the gate made from pure gold. He and the dog walked toward the gate, and as he got closer, he saw a man at a desk to one side. When he was close enough, he called out,

"Excuse me, where are we?" 

"This is heaven, sir," the man answered. 

"Wow! Would you happen to have some water?

We have traveled far," theman said. 

"Of course, sir. Come right in, and I'll have some ice water brought right up." The man gestured, and the gate began to open. 

"Can my friend," gesturing toward his dog, "come in, too?" the traveler asked. 

"I'm sorry, sir, but we don't accept pets." 

The man thought a moment, remembering all the years this dog remained loyal to him and then turned back toward the road and continued the way he had been going.

After another long walk he came to a plain dirt road, which led through a farm gate that looked as if it had never been closed. There was no fence.

As he approached the gate, he saw a man inside, leaning against a tree and reading a book. 

"Excuse me!" he called to the reader.

"Do you have any water?  We have traveled so very far." 

"Yes, sure, there's a faucet over there." The man pointed to a place that couldn't be seen from outside the gate.

"Come on in and help yourself." 

"How about my friend here?" the traveler gestured to his dog. 

"There should be a bowl by the faucet; he is welcome to share." They went through the gate, and sure enough, there was an old-fashioned faucet with a bowl beside it. The traveler filled the bowl and took along drink himself, then he gave some to the dog. When they were full, he and the dog walked back toward the man who was standing by the tree waiting for them. 

"What do you call this place?" the traveler asked. 

"This is heaven," was the answer. 

"Well, that's confusing," the traveler said.

"The man down the road said that was heaven, too." 

"Oh, you mean the place with the gold street and pearly gates? Nope.That's hell." 

"Doesn't it make you mad for them to use your name like that?" 

"No. We're just happy that they screen out the folks who'd leave their best friends behind in exchange for material things." 

Author Unknown

I seem to remember that from a "Twilight" show episode long ago, perhaps it was the original source, but Who knows?

It might not have been exactly the same, but the main idea was the same. 

EXCALIBUR is no more that "Handle" is dead, gone.
            Maybe sometime in the future I might come back as LANTERN again, but maybe not, if I don't come back as LANTERN in the future then I won't come back at all, but as I said there is no more EXCALIBUR.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
              Tennessee
              United States
              Member #7853
              October 15, 2004
              11338 Posts
              Posted: December 28, 2006, 7:18 am - IP Logged

very sorry for your loss.me and skeeter my chihuahua send our condolences.always hard especially when your a pet lover....

United States
                Member #41383
                June 16, 2006
                1969 Posts
                Posted: December 28, 2006, 1:08 pm - IP Logged

I seem to remember that from a "Twilight" show episode long ago, perhaps it was the original source, but Who knows?

It might not have been exactly the same, but the main idea was the same. 

That actually does sound familiar from there, that was such a great show, many of today's 'stars' got their start in that series in the early 60's.

They don't make shows like that anymore, and never will.

Sandy K's avatar - graphic pub.jpg
                  Clarkston, Michigan
                  United States
                  Member #76
                  January 6, 2002
                  8528 Posts
                  Posted: December 28, 2006, 3:38 pm - IP Logged

I am so sorry Guesser for your loss.  Emily really did put it in great words.  I have a cat named Sadie, who I spoil  rotten and adore. She has always been and will always be my best friend........I can talk to her about anything and she listens.....lol...yeah she listens to me rattle away.  We almost lost her a couple years ago but thankfully, surgery worked.  I don't know what I would do without her............

Sandy

charh20's avatar - ICONATOR be3777802402ed40fe6d8770cf33207f.gif
                    Winchester, Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #42711
                    July 7, 2006
                    1201 Posts
                    Posted: December 28, 2006, 4:00 pm - IP Logged

I am sooooooo sorry for your loss guesser.....I really know what it is like to loose your buddy. 

The poem The Rainbow Bridge really is special to me because of my pet Chester that we lost 7 years ago. The most beautiful toy pomeranian that you have ever seen.  I found that poem then and think that it is sooo sweet and it will help you, It helped me.

Once again, so sorry.

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
                      FEMA Region V Camp #21
                      United States
                      Member #520
                      July 27, 2002
                      5699 Posts
                      Posted: December 28, 2006, 4:41 pm - IP Logged

That actually does sound familiar from there, that was such a great show, many of today's 'stars' got their start in that series in the early 60's.

They don't make shows like that anymore, and never will.

My condolences also, guesser.  It's a real bummer when that happens and I feel for you.

RE:  The Twilight Zone, I bought my son Season 4 for Christmas.  We've only watched a few episodes so far, but I'll keep my eye out for the one in question.   You are so right about the actors.  In every episode we've watched, there are actors who became famous later.

Take care. 

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

United States
                        Member #41383
                        June 16, 2006
                        1969 Posts
                        Posted: December 29, 2006, 12:59 am - IP Logged

Just for the heck of it, I researched it a bit, if you cut/paste the link below into your browser, and click on each individual episode, you will probably find someone you recognize in every single show, it's amazing. William Shatner, Warren Oates, Ivan Dixon, Burgess Meredith to name just a few.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Twilight_Zone_episodes