Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 4:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

seperating the draws?

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Bryan.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Ky
United States
Member #15935
May 23, 2005
48 Posts
Posted: December 29, 2006, 9:13 am - IP Logged

Do you guys consider midday draws and evening draws to be 2 different draws that are not related to eachother?

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23273 Posts
    Posted: December 29, 2006, 9:14 am - IP Logged

In addition to any answers you may get here, I suggest you click Search in the Forums menu, because there has been a lot of discussion on this topic in the past.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

JAP69's avatar - alas
      South Carolina
      United States
      Member #6
      November 4, 2001
      8790 Posts
      Posted: December 29, 2006, 9:28 am - IP Logged

I do both ways now.

Combining draws you will find stats that are hit skipped that are probable both mid and eve.
      So when you do combined you will have a stat hit say mid-day which will kick out the probability that may be due in the eve draw.

When tracking separately you will have stats that are hit skipped for that draw.

MAGA

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
        Stone Mountain*Georgia
        United States
        Member #828
        November 2, 2002
        10491 Posts
        Posted: December 29, 2006, 9:29 am - IP Logged

Do you guys consider midday draws and evening draws to be 2 different draws that are not related to eachother?

It's cheaper to play separate. You don't have to play both games....if your looking to trap a particular number.  Both ways work.

It just depends on your wallet ....and the way you think about playing the game. I have to reload and refit after each draw...so I like to have a little more time to think between draws.

I have always liked keeping my cost down by keeping games apart. Less to keep up with too...... but if someone sees a really tall stack of combined opportunity.... sure....I will play it that way(short term) 

I am a capitalist first.... and a purest second. LOL

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

Bryan's avatar - Lottery-002.jpg
          Mid-Missouri
          United States
          Member #644
          August 31, 2002
          4271 Posts
          Posted: December 29, 2006, 9:49 am - IP Logged

I have tried many systems both ways and I always do better when I separate them. Not to mention the fact it is cheaper to play that way (as WIN D said) because you can concentration on one game alone, if you wish. I very rarely look at the midday game when I am playing.

Then you have a state like PA where one of drawings is computer drawn and the other is ball drawn. That would be mixing apples and oranges anyway...

Best of Luck with whatever method you choose,

Bryan  :)

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
            FEMA Region V Camp #21
            United States
            Member #520
            July 27, 2002
            5699 Posts
            Posted: December 29, 2006, 10:15 am - IP Logged

I have tried many systems both ways and I always do better when I separate them. Not to mention the fact it is cheaper to play that way (as WIN D said) because you can concentration on one game alone, if you wish. I very rarely look at the midday game when I am playing.

Then you have a state like PA where one of drawings is computer drawn and the other is ball drawn. That would be mixing apples and oranges anyway...

Best of Luck with whatever method you choose,

I agree.  I've had more success keeping them separate.  You'll notice with a 30 draw history the draws can show very different biases.

Also, I consider the midday draw just a curveball thrown in by the lottery as an afterthought just to create confusion in the players mind, which is why we have this topic come up so often.  But it's always a good topic for discussion and it's interesting to see how others handle it and why.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

lotterybraker's avatar - pyramid
              mississippi
              United States
              Member #34478
              March 3, 2006
              5903 Posts
              Posted: December 29, 2006, 10:17 am - IP Logged

I look at it this way..cost wise itis cheaper to seperate the draws..time wise it isbetter to combine the draws..now ask the question ..How many times have you or anyone else been looking for a certain number to show during midday and it pops out in the evening or vicce versa..the next draw is just that.."The Next Draw"

"Attention all Mathematicians: Check your degree at the door because when it comes to whole numbers you are the Amateur"

Mid-Missouri
                United States
                Member #644
                August 31, 2002
                4271 Posts
                Posted: December 29, 2006, 10:29 am - IP Logged

I look at it this way..cost wise itis cheaper to seperate the draws..time wise it isbetter to combine the draws..now ask the question ..How many times have you or anyone else been looking for a certain number to show during midday and it pops out in the evening or vicce versa..the next draw is just that.."The Next Draw"

LB,

At the same time, I've have had several people ask me, "How did you know a certain combo was going to repeat?" I tell them it is not a repeat. Midday's had it 3 days ago, but it was due in the evening game as well. People who combine them together think of it as a repeat when in fact it isn't a repeat at all. And there are not that many people (that I have heard of) that play full combo repeats and they miss potential winners.

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
                  FEMA Region V Camp #21
                  United States
                  Member #520
                  July 27, 2002
                  5699 Posts
                  Posted: December 29, 2006, 10:35 am - IP Logged

LB,

At the same time, I've have had several people ask me, "How did you know a certain combo was going to repeat?" I tell them it is not a repeat. Midday's had it 3 days ago, but it was due in the evening game as well. People who combine them together think of it as a repeat when in fact it isn't a repeat at all. And there are not that many people (that I have heard of) that play full combo repeats and they miss potential winners.

This is a good point.  It happens in IL all the time.  Usually if a number repeats it's in the other draw.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

four4me's avatar - gate1
                    MD
                    United States
                    Member #1701
                    June 18, 2003
                    8363 Posts
                    Posted: December 29, 2006, 10:43 am - IP Logged

If your state uses ball drawings i would combine them. So many times there is a two digit return from one draw to the next. Where in if you separate them you can miss the two digit return. Observations of how your drawings come out on a regular basis are more important.

I doubt they change balls from one draw to the next during the day. Moreover i think they shuffle the machines around. possibly switching the pick 4 machine with the pick three and so on.

Combine your workouts and also do them separate and see what works the best.  

Mid-Missouri
                      United States
                      Member #644
                      August 31, 2002
                      4271 Posts
                      Posted: December 29, 2006, 1:58 pm - IP Logged

This is a good point.  It happens in IL all the time.  Usually if a number repeats it's in the other draw.

If you didn't call that one right on time....LOL

Draw Date  State  Game  Results 
                      Fri, Dec 29, 2006IllinoisMidday 39-8-2
                      Thu, Dec 28, 2006IllinoisDaily 32-8-9

Now how many would have caught it with combined drawings?

Later,