Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 7:50 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How Many Do You Buy at a Time & Other ??

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 10 years ago by ScratcherBoy.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Laurel, MD
United States
Member #48488
December 29, 2006
22 Posts
Posted: December 29, 2006, 10:35 pm - IP Logged

I prefer $5 and sometimes $10 scratch-offs here in Maryland.  Since the odds are usually around one in 3.5 or so, I usually buy two of the same scratch-offs at a time.  I figure that gives me a little  better odds of winning on at least one ticket.  I have bought a few of the $20 tickets, but not too often.

Please let us know:

1. How many tickets do you buy at a time of one particular scratch-off?

2. What dollar amount of scratch-offs do you prefer?

3. What is the most you have won in a single ticket?

4. How much do you spend on average per week on scratch-offs?

5. What state do you buy tickets in?

Thanks all...I buy in VA and DC sometimes too..not much luck in either state. 

ToJo76*'s avatar - lottolion2
    Middle GA
    United States
    Member #42874
    July 9, 2006
    3912 Posts
    Posted: January 4, 2007, 3:10 pm - IP Logged

I'm not big on the scratch-offs because I haven't won much here in GA.  But lately I've been trying them on and off again.  Not much happening though.

1)  I usually buy 2 or 3 tickets.  If someone in front of me has bought 2 or 3 of "my" tickets, I will buy the next one and that's it.  My sister does that in Jersey and it works well for her.  Not the case for me!

2) I prefer $2 or $5 tickets.  I have bought some $1 tickets and actually won a bit back...maybe $5 or $6.  I'm not ready for anything above $5 and that's probably where the loot is. LOL

3) The most I've ever won is $20.  It was on a $5 ticket.  I was ecstatic because I'm usually the "Free Ticket" winner. The ticket may as well had said I won $2000. 

4) Very little.  My vice is Cash 3 and Cash 4.  I can see myself easily getting addicted to scratch-offs though. I really want to win a decent amount on one.

5) GA.  But over the holidays I was in South Jersey and I received the Super Doubler and Laurel & Hardy tickets as a gift.  I won on them so I bought some more.  I won $32 between the two kinds of tickets.

Happily embracing my abundance daily! Big Smile

Batavia, Ohio
      United States
      Member #48682
      January 5, 2007
      1 Posts
      Posted: January 5, 2007, 10:01 pm - IP Logged

I try to buy $20 worth of tickets once a week. I did this all of last year and just about broke even for the year. I had a $1000 winner in december that helped. This year I will try to spend about $25 a week. I find that the best return is on $10 and $20 tickets.

ToJo76*'s avatar - lottolion2
        Middle GA
        United States
        Member #42874
        July 9, 2006
        3912 Posts
        Posted: January 6, 2007, 1:12 pm - IP Logged

I try to buy $20 worth of tickets once a week. I did this all of last year and just about broke even for the year. I had a $1000 winner in december that helped. This year I will try to spend about $25 a week. I find that the best return is on $10 and $20 tickets.

Good tactic skimpro...that may save me some money if I try that-and pick the correct scratch offs of course!

Happily embracing my abundance daily! Big Smile

Litebets27's avatar - power
          Maryland
          United States
          Member #10465
          January 14, 2005
          6065 Posts
          Posted: January 6, 2007, 4:40 pm - IP Logged

I prefer $5 and sometimes $10 scratch-offs here in Maryland.  Since the odds are usually around one in 3.5 or so, I usually buy two of the same scratch-offs at a time.  I figure that gives me a little  better odds of winning on at least one ticket.  I have bought a few of the $20 tickets, but not too often.

Please let us know:

1. How many tickets do you buy at a time of one particular scratch-off?

2. What dollar amount of scratch-offs do you prefer?

3. What is the most you have won in a single ticket?

4. How much do you spend on average per week on scratch-offs?

5. What state do you buy tickets in?

Thanks all...I buy in VA and DC sometimes too..not much luck in either state. 

I enjoy buying a few scatch-offs every evening. It depends on the odds as you said as to how many I buy at a time.

I usually buy 3-6 of the $2.00 tickets if the odds are below 1 in 3.60. I may buy 4 of the $5.00 tickets if the odds are good. But, lately I have been purchasing the $10.00  (10 x the money) tickets, here in Maryland because the odds are the best at 1 in 2.68. I will usually buy 2-4 of these if my money is right.

The amount of tickets vary each week and the amount I spend also varies.

I drive the cashier crazy by asking him or her to check the odds on the back of the tickets.

litebets

Feeling,  PRICELESS!!!Banana

Come on Jackpot!!!

United States
            Member #45031
            August 13, 2006
            29 Posts
            Posted: January 14, 2007, 3:41 am - IP Logged

1. I might buy 2 or 3, but I buy them one at a time. If i'm planning to buy 3 $5 tickets, I'll buy one, scratch it, if it's a loser I'll buy a second one, if it's a loser I'll buy the third. If the first or second are winners, I quit there.

2 $5 or $10. Any time I've won anything good it's been on 5's or 10's.

3. $500, once. $350 twice. $200, $150 and $100 several times.

4. $50. A friend and I recetly started buying tickets together and splitting the prizes, so we play $100 worth a week.

5.VA