Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 1:12 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Illinois lottery page numbers list

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Belleville , Illinois
United States
Member #1850
July 15, 2003
70 Posts
Posted: January 1, 2007, 7:07 am - IP Logged

I am trying to get the history of the Illinois eve pick 4 numbers , when I down load them they are in html coded with the boxed frame around them so I cannot read them outside my browser , and I need them to be in plain ascii txt .

BigJer 

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10351 Posts
    Posted: January 1, 2007, 10:13 am - IP Logged

When you get it narrowed down to Pick 4 (maybe you have to do this via both Mid-Day and Eve), try copying and pasting that to Notepad, and then print it. 

It comes out a little hard to read, kind of staggered, uses a lot of paper, but it works.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23266 Posts
      Posted: January 1, 2007, 12:56 pm - IP Logged

When you get it narrowed down to Pick 4 (maybe you have to do this via both Mid-Day and Eve), try copying and pasting that to Notepad, and then print it. 

It comes out a little hard to read, kind of staggered, uses a lot of paper, but it works.

Coin Toss,

Platinum members, such as yourself, can simply go to the Illinois Lottery Results page right here on Lottery Post and copy and paste into Excel or Notepad or whatever.  It may take a few minutes to do a few years of pages, but it's in a simple table format, so the paste should be pretty smooth, with no jagginess.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10351 Posts
        Posted: January 1, 2007, 6:07 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Todd, I thought BigJer was talking about the state lottery's website, my mistake.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23266 Posts
          Posted: January 2, 2007, 12:46 am - IP Logged

Thanks Todd, I thought BigJer was talking about the state lottery's website, my mistake.

Yes, that WAS what BigJer was talking about.

I usually like to direct people to a more friendly place to get their lottery results, namely Lottery Post.

I encourage premium members, such as yourself, to help non-premium members understand the benefits they can receive by upgrading.  That is called "word-of-mouth", and it is the primary way we spread the good word here at the non-advertising-laden Lottery Post.

Belleville , Illinois
            United States
            Member #1850
            July 15, 2003
            70 Posts
            Posted: January 2, 2007, 7:28 am - IP Logged

Hi all

I guess I should have explained better I am using Ion Salui's software and need to have the evening Illinois pick 4 in ascii comma or space delimited format , I have all the numbers on paper but was hoping I would not have to type them all in , I had not been playing the pick 4 but with the new software I decided to give it another try.

BigJer

Chief Bottle Washer
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #1
              May 31, 2000
              23266 Posts
              Posted: January 2, 2007, 8:14 am - IP Logged

Hi all

I guess I should have explained better I am using Ion Salui's software and need to have the evening Illinois pick 4 in ascii comma or space delimited format , I have all the numbers on paper but was hoping I would not have to type them all in , I had not been playing the pick 4 but with the new software I decided to give it another try.

BigJer

The best thing to do is to copy the results into a spreadsheet, manipulate the results to get them lined up and all the extra junk stripped out, then save them as a text file, in the format you want.

If you have not used a spreadsheet (such as Excel), it is a critical tool for any serious lottery player, so I'd recommend clicking the Amazon.com logo graphic on the left side of this page and searching for a beginners book on using Excel.  (Or whatever spreadsheet application you have.)

The reason I mentioned Lottery Post as a good source for results is that Gold and Platinum members get full access to the entire database of results, and the results are in a nice format on the page, ready to easily copy and paste into Excel.  Some other places, like some state lottery sites, have cluttered pages that make copy and paste a pain in the neck.