Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 11:54 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How Western Canada does thier Pick 3 draw

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Amazing Grace.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Amazing Grace's avatar - lion
rainbow lake
Canada
Member #25177
November 2, 2005
10764 Posts
Posted: January 2, 2007, 10:25 pm - IP Logged

I sent a request to wclc asking how the draw is done here is the response i got.

Dear Jamie,

Thank you for your inquiry to Western Canada Lottery Corporation (WCLC).

There are two stand-alone computerized draw machines used for WCLC’s regional games such as WESTERN 649, EXTRA and PICK 3.  They are located in a secure location that is monitored by video surveillance 24 hours a day. An external auditor, who oversees the draw, selects which draw machine is to be used for any given draw. Security personnel attend each draw, and all draws are videotaped using an automated time-date stamp.

For each draw machine, there are three Random Number Generators that can be used.  Prior to the draw, the system does a pre-draw test, and the machine selected is randomly decided at the time the draw takes place.  For PICK 3, draws are conducted daily, after sales for that draw have been closed.

The computerized draw machines' Random Number Generators were initially tested by two independent laboratories to ensure the randomness of their number selection. Draw software was also tested independently and certified as accurate. Independent testing of randomness is done when major changes are made to the existing system.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23350 Posts
    Posted: January 2, 2007, 10:32 pm - IP Logged

What was your point in asking? 

Were you trying to show that computerized drawings are really a good thing? 

Were you trying to see what the bad points are?

What is YOUR opinion?

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

rainbow lake
      Canada
      Member #25177
      November 2, 2005
      10764 Posts
      Posted: January 2, 2007, 10:42 pm - IP Logged

What was your point in asking? 

Were you trying to show that computerized drawings are really a good thing? 

Were you trying to see what the bad points are?

What is YOUR opinion?

My point in asking was to see if i could associate the draw numbers to RNG being used, I was under the understanding they used 2 in which they do but each one has 3 RNGs attached to them, also they do a predraw, so now this tells me that my average are most likely higher, or lower in some cases, would explain why we have not had a triple in over 375 days,

I would think that the external auditor jumps around from RNG to RNG Does he use all six and then Start again? So he actually performs 14 draws per week but we only get to see every second number combo that is pulled,

Maybe i will ask the lottery corp payouts around the provices, Maybe his friends know something we dont.

If so then what should my averages really be?

Or does it even matter?

rainbow lake
        Canada
        Member #25177
        November 2, 2005
        10764 Posts
        Posted: January 3, 2007, 1:50 am - IP Logged

I am still chasing sum 17 and tasking a beating, i need it to drop, But the most interesting concep is that it has not showed on any  of the 6 rngs for 100 days so 100/ 6 = 16 days

What we dont know is how many times it appeared in a pre draw, we could use its same average given what we know about sums.

But what if it has appeared in 2 of the predraws, then its not really missin really yet! We know everything about the draw we just dont know the predraw.

How did the Kansas RNG get noticed at time of the 3RD drawn Number, How many RNGs do they run and how are they operated, public knowledge. If they also do a pre draw then a number would have to be repeated for 4 draws Yes? Thats using the same machine. so why was it noticed on the 3rd Draw? Who made big coin I ask you that, should be public knowledge.

I almost dont trust trust that draw that happened in Kansas in Dec last year. 509,509,509

Sun, Dec 18, 20055-0-9
        Sat, Dec 17, 20055-0-9
        Fri, Dec 16, 20055-0-9

Shoud have went like this I think

Predraw( what was the number)(509)?

predraw(what was the number)(509)?

predraw(What was the number)(509)?

What were the pre draw numbers and do they get recorded.?

My next Question to WCLC

look it up. And heres my reasoning? Notice the Key words I highlighted in blue.

It would be nice to get those 2 days of video taping from Kansas if they do thier drawings the same way, If anybody does make sure you post it on the net so we can watch those crooked bastards.

If I lived in Kanas I sure would want to know,