Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 3:03 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Posting Convention Suggestion

Topic closed. 1 reply. Last post 10 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Delaware
United States
Member #30273
January 14, 2006
494 Posts
Posted: January 4, 2007, 2:02 am - IP Logged

I was thinking about this tonight as an idea when talking about computerized games on this forum. As most of you are probably aware, when talking about athletes, those who are found to use drugs have a * placed next to their names in the record books. I was thinking that perhaps we should something like that here when talking about computerized games or lotteries that have all computerized games (Powerball and Mega Millions excepted). This would work for games and lotteries such as Hot Lotto* or the DC Lottery* or Oregon's Megabucks*. I know it seems silly, but it also points out those lottery officials who read this site that we acknowledge the games are computerized and are not trusted or played by the vast majority of us here.

Thoughts?

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10351 Posts
    Posted: January 4, 2007, 11:33 am - IP Logged

On the one hand, a great idea, especially considering lottery officials lurking here. On the other hand, even if all of us here (43,000 or so), not a one of us, played those games, in the grand scheme of things how many is that compared to the total that play? 

There have been threads here about how big would a game matrix have to get before you didn't play and there are those who have said they'lll play no matter what.  

The lotteries know that they have that on their side, to paraphrase Field of Dreams, "If you offer it they will play", that's their m.o.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.