Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:50 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Ask Todd

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 10 years ago by wannawin24.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
sfilippo's avatar - skull
Oklahoma
United States
Member #33770
February 24, 2006
3146 Posts
Posted: January 4, 2007, 8:25 am - IP Logged

I've been dying to ask Todd about what he's learned over the many years

concerning his methods for picking numbers for the various lotteries.

I have been working with lottery numbers for almost a year here

at Lottery Post and it's taken me that long to settle down and

focus in on what works and stop doing what doesn't work.

So, Todd, this thread is for you.

I'm sure a lot of us have questions about what you have discovered

about picking numbers over the years.

Any good advice?

How long would you say your learning curve took before you felt

you had a practical method for picking numbers?

If anyone has these types of questions for Todd, post them here too.

Thanks in advance,

Smiley Steve

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
    Wisconsin
    United States
    Member #1303
    March 27, 2003
    1508 Posts
    Posted: January 4, 2007, 8:32 am - IP Logged

I certainly can't speak for Todd.  But he has in the past at least a couple of tiimes as I recall, posted images of his winning P3 tickets.....and let us know they were Quickpicks.

So perhaps you are assuming he has a practical method for picking winners.  And I'm not sure anyone here has such a method.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23260 Posts
      Posted: January 4, 2007, 8:52 am - IP Logged

Badger, there was a period of time when I was playing quickpicks, and I did indeed have a few wins that way.  I was mainly doing it for lack of time, and for the novelty of it.

I haven't Quick-Picked the Pick 3 in a while though.  I have mainly been playing certain numbers for stretches of time.

One frustrating stretch was that I was playing 888 in NJ for about a month, and then a couple of days after I stopped it hit.  (This was in Dec.)

Any advice I would offer on the lottery would be centered on not looking for a quick win.  The most successful players I have seen are very patient players.  The lottery is setup for big wins vs. small bets.  Just by the nature of the game you cannot expect to strike gold by doing it a couple of times.  Sure, that happens sometimes, but it is rare.

So in my view, any number method that promotes consistency is good, because it instills good practices.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23260 Posts
        Posted: January 4, 2007, 8:53 am - IP Logged

Just to add to my last post, I also believe in using wheels for lotto jackpot games, and I have posted several wins on the forums using Mega Millions wheels posted on Lottery Post.  (No jackpot wins yet!)

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

sfilippo's avatar - skull
          Oklahoma
          United States
          Member #33770
          February 24, 2006
          3146 Posts
          Posted: January 4, 2007, 11:05 am - IP Logged

That helped a lot.

Thanks Todd!

Smiley Steve

Badger's avatar - adu50016 NorthAmericanBadger.jpg
            Wisconsin
            United States
            Member #1303
            March 27, 2003
            1508 Posts
            Posted: January 4, 2007, 9:08 pm - IP Logged

Badger, there was a period of time when I was playing quickpicks, and I did indeed have a few wins that way.  I was mainly doing it for lack of time, and for the novelty of it.

I haven't Quick-Picked the Pick 3 in a while though.  I have mainly been playing certain numbers for stretches of time.

One frustrating stretch was that I was playing 888 in NJ for about a month, and then a couple of days after I stopped it hit.  (This was in Dec.)

Any advice I would offer on the lottery would be centered on not looking for a quick win.  The most successful players I have seen are very patient players.  The lottery is setup for big wins vs. small bets.  Just by the nature of the game you cannot expect to strike gold by doing it a couple of times.  Sure, that happens sometimes, but it is rare.

So in my view, any number method that promotes consistency is good, because it instills good practices.

The 888 thing....yeah I think we've all been through that frustration with a number we've been "sitting on". (the latest it happened to me was the quad that recently fell in FL)  Seems to me that it is near impossible to pick tomorrow's draw for any state...(sure it happens, but not often) THe trick is in playing combos for a certain amount of time, but the more combos you play, the shorter the time you can play them, because the higher your cost, and therefore the quicker you reach a "no profit" situation even if it hits.

It is not difficult at all to pick a combo that will fall somewhere.  The difficult part of playing the Daily games is in determining when it will fall and where. If anyone ever solves that puzzle, he will really have figured it all out.

============

How can you tell if a politician is lying?

Answer: His lips are moving.

LOTTOMIKE's avatar - cash money.jpg
              Tennessee
              United States
              Member #7853
              October 15, 2004
              11338 Posts
              Posted: January 5, 2007, 4:54 am - IP Logged

i remember you coming quite close a couple times wheeling those numbers with mega millions on the tickets you played.

wannawin24's avatar - Lottery-001.jpg
                GA
                United States
                Member #33582
                February 22, 2006
                1026 Posts
                Posted: January 8, 2007, 8:55 pm - IP Logged

Excellent advice Todd! That is so true that a LOT of players I know have received wins from "holding on" to their number.  That is something I need to work on with the lottery is patience.

My NUMBER FELL!!!
                Custom Smiley