Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:20 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

“I might go to work by helicopter”

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Australia
Member #17096
June 11, 2005
225 Posts
Posted: January 5, 2007, 12:57 am - IP Logged

“I might go to work by helicopter” jokes winner, after three Sydney supermarket workers share $15 million OZ Lotto prize

A syndicate of three Sydney supermarket workers has shared the $15 million first division prize pool in last night’s OZ Lotto draw, with one of the winners joking that she might swap the family sedan for a helicopter to beat traffic.

“Oh, my god, you’re kidding aren’t you,” was the first reaction of the syndicate leader when she was called by a NSW Lotteries official this morning.

“Thank you so much, I’m sorry I think I’ll have to cry now. What do I have to now apart from party,” asked the 55-year-old store manager from Austral, in south-west Sydney.

http://www.nswlotteries.com.au/news/index.html

Lucky Star's avatar - flower2
    Georgia
    United States
    Member #38040
    April 23, 2006
    1643 Posts
    Posted: January 6, 2007, 12:36 am - IP Logged

Good story, Goldrush!!!

Thank you !!!

Peace.  And, Good Luck!!!

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
      Dump Water Florida
      United States
      Member #380
      June 5, 2002
      3102 Posts
      Posted: January 6, 2007, 1:44 am - IP Logged

I've noticed the more money people have the more ways they can find to kill themselves.  When I win a jackpot I think I'll buy a safer car, etc.  BobP

NY
        United States
        Member #23835
        October 16, 2005
        3474 Posts
        Posted: January 6, 2007, 2:00 am - IP Logged

A lot of fun things make you more likely to die in an accident. That's just a fact of life. I might buy a safer car, too, but with enough money I also might buy a plane. I might even start jumping out of them again.  Even if my chances of an accidental death go up fivefold I'm still much more likely to die of natural causes. If I pass on all the fun things that have a bit of risk and just use the winnings to sit on a nicer couch in a nicer house I can be almost sure of a natural death, and it would probably come a lot sooner.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23260 Posts
          Posted: January 7, 2007, 2:04 pm - IP Logged

“I might go to work by helicopter” jokes winner, after three Sydney supermarket workers share $15 million OZ Lotto prize

A syndicate of three Sydney supermarket workers has shared the $15 million first division prize pool in last night’s OZ Lotto draw, with one of the winners joking that she might swap the family sedan for a helicopter to beat traffic.

“Oh, my god, you’re kidding aren’t you,” was the first reaction of the syndicate leader when she was called by a NSW Lotteries official this morning.

“Thank you so much, I’m sorry I think I’ll have to cry now. What do I have to now apart from party,” asked the 55-year-old store manager from Austral, in south-west Sydney.

http://www.nswlotteries.com.au/news/index.html

Goldrush,

I know we've covered this ground before, but for news stories, there are two options: (a) you can post them in your blog, or (b) you can send me a link to a news story and I'll post it in the News forum if it makes sense to do so. 

I work hard to try and keep posts together with other similar posts.  For example, Pick 3 posts go in the Pick 3 forum.  And news stories go in the News forum.

If I allowed news stories to be posted anywhere, then people researching news stories would miss half of them because they'd be scattered all over.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
          Help eliminate computerized drawings!