Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 12:09 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

writing my own software

Topic closed. 14 replies. Last post 10 years ago by jarasan.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #48409
December 26, 2006
3 Posts
Posted: January 8, 2007, 3:37 am - IP Logged

lottery prediction software...I found the software i've looked at, lotto runner was the best...but i like a more hands on,  know whats happening approach.

basically , it looks at history see which ones are due, and then which pairs not have been selected, run it past filters based on previously history.. about 10 filters..if the past 10 winners were odd-even favorite..it'll pick an even to balance etc.

one of my filters checks if triples were previously selected

i like to pick a set of 6-7 numbers, and 4-5 pb and buy all winning wheeled combinations. It usually is about 500 bucks a drawing.. BUT your covering a solid 10 % of pb #s .......about 15% of numbers

WHICH gives me about 0.015 of winning powerball.....

Timmer692002's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg
    Shelby Twp,MI
    United States
    Member #1883
    July 19, 2003
    290 Posts
    Posted: January 8, 2007, 4:36 am - IP Logged

lottery prediction software...I found the software i've looked at, lotto runner was the best...but i like a more hands on,  know whats happening approach.

basically , it looks at history see which ones are due, and then which pairs not have been selected, run it past filters based on previously history.. about 10 filters..if the past 10 winners were odd-even favorite..it'll pick an even to balance etc.

one of my filters checks if triples were previously selected

i like to pick a set of 6-7 numbers, and 4-5 pb and buy all winning wheeled combinations. It usually is about 500 bucks a drawing.. BUT your covering a solid 10 % of pb #s .......about 15% of numbers

WHICH gives me about 0.015 of winning powerball.....

PerfectDreaqmer

Where did you find Lotto Runner?

Sounds interest.  Can you say what itdoes as far as; pairs, history, hot and cold  #'s and due numbers?

Roughly how much history is needed?  I know you said 10 previous, but you indicated odd-even,what if it's  mixed?

MARRIAGE the only WAR were it's okay to sleep with the enemy!!!

Better single than SORRY!!

Marriage - the LAST decision a man can make! Dead

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
      Indiana
      United States
      Member #48725
      January 7, 2007
      1958 Posts
      Posted: January 8, 2007, 1:18 pm - IP Logged

I've written my own software to choose my PowerBall numbers and have used history based decisions in the past. I don't really care for history based decisions. There are a lot better ways of choosing numbers.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19904 Posts
        Posted: January 8, 2007, 6:14 pm - IP Logged

I also wrote my own software to pick combinations for the games I play including those with a bonus ball such as MegaMillions or Ohio Super Lotto.  I also keep a data base of all drawings and use the same program to check my play files for winners with that data.  It's a work in progress which changes as I come up with better ideas.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
          Member #41383
          June 16, 2006
          1969 Posts
          Posted: January 9, 2007, 12:15 am - IP Logged

I always crack up when I read about 'which ones (numbers) are due'.........

If anyone could actually predict which numbers are 'due', someone would hit it EVERY drawing, but nobody except a select few here seem to understand this.

For example, a few weeks ago, PB 40 had not hit in 223 games, then it hit.  When was it 'due' ?   Around 125 or so ??

Current case: WB #25 - has not hit in 350 draws.   350 ?   Yep - 70 games multiplied by 5 chances a game (they pull 5 WB's per game), so when was #25 'due' ?  If you started playing it at 20 games (100 draws), then you've drawn a loser for 50 games/250 draws longer than its' due date.

Charting skips and hops only gets you so much, it will not get you all 5 numbers.

So how do you know when something is 'due' out of 55 numbers to choose from ? 

United States
            Member #48781
            January 9, 2007
            8 Posts
            Posted: January 9, 2007, 1:38 am - IP Logged

the probabilities say , given a large number of runs, all numbers are equally drawn. If you drawn a bar graph depicting the number of times each number was drawn against the average for all numbers.. Those numbers are below the average WILL BE DRawn..its not a IF, or but Its a definite thing that these will be drawn.

Yes  it might take a lot of drawns, but eventually when it does hit, on the 350th or 349th, drawing -- Your sitting there ready for it.

More so, the probablities indicate , most usually there is a 3-2 3-2 outcome of hot-colds ...so yes some you pick numbers that are "due' other times you pick the hot ones just as well.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
              Dump Water Florida
              United States
              Member #380
              June 5, 2002
              3114 Posts
              Posted: January 9, 2007, 1:43 am - IP Logged

If anyone could actually predict which numbers are 'due', someone would hit it EVERY drawing, but nobody except a select few here seem to understand this.

For example, a few weeks ago, PB 40 had not hit in 223 games, then it hit.  When was it 'due' ?   Around 125 or so ??

Current case: WB #25 - has not hit in 350 draws.   350 ?   Yep - 70 games multiplied by 5 chances a game (they pull 5 WB's per game), so when was #25 'due' ?  If you started playing it at 20 games (100 draws), then you've drawn a loser for 50 games/250 draws longer than its' due date.

Charting skips and hops only gets you so much, it will not get you all 5 numbers.

For the few who don't know Due is relative.  Take a 6/48 game every number should be drawn once every 8 draws.  Those numbers not drawn become Due.  This is most evident with a new game where numbers quickly become hot, average, due and cold. The longest due numbers are often best considered as being dead and should not be played until at least one hit after which they often soon hit again. 

Because there is no proven way to play lotto, one way is to determine what should happen in a perfect world and then try to match the actual with the theory. 

BobP

United States
                Member #48781
                January 9, 2007
                8 Posts
                Posted: January 9, 2007, 1:51 am - IP Logged

For the few who don't know Due is relative.  Take a 6/48 game every number should be drawn once every 8 draws.  Those numbers not drawn become Due.  This is most evident with a new game where numbers quickly become hot, average, due and cold. The longest due numbers are often best considered as being dead and should not be played until at least one hit after which they often soon hit again. 

Because there is no proven way to play lotto, one way is to determine what should happen in a perfect world and then try to match the actual with the theory. 

BobP

I was under the impression , teh longest due numbers will be most likely to "hit"... precisely because they haven't shown up yet..

Maybe I could be wrong.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                  Zeta Reticuli Star System
                  United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10392 Posts
                  Posted: January 9, 2007, 2:12 am - IP Logged

I was under the impression , teh longest due numbers will be most likely to "hit"... precisely because they haven't shown up yet..

Maybe I could be wrong.

"The trend is your friend."

Some people insist that numbers that are hot tend to stay hot, and numbers that are cold tend to stay cold.  

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                    Member #41383
                    June 16, 2006
                    1969 Posts
                    Posted: January 9, 2007, 6:11 pm - IP Logged

"The trend is your friend."

Some people insist that numbers that are hot tend to stay hot, and numbers that are cold tend to stay cold.  

It's BOTH.

The trick is, you have 5 numbers you have to hit.

The problem is, you will have too many numbers that have not hit in 'a long time' that are 'due', so do you play the 5 numbers that are the longest out ?  (currently 21-47-20-37-25).  Of course not.

Then you have a pool of numbers that (seem to) hit more often than your 'average' numbers, so do you play all of them ? 

(arguably 19, 26, 35, 38, 43, and about twelve others).  Of course not.

So do you play what is 'hot' over the last 8 drawings ?  (1-14-24-36, and then about thirty one others).   Nope.  That would leave you with twenty four other numbers you just cannot ignore like they don't exist.

So we are back to a little mixing and matching, and some guesswork, and a little luck.  And we are not even counting the Powerball itself.

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
                      Indiana
                      United States
                      Member #48725
                      January 7, 2007
                      1958 Posts
                      Posted: January 9, 2007, 8:09 pm - IP Logged

I agree. I don't believe in "due" numbers.

NASHVILLE, TENN
                        United States
                        Member #33372
                        February 20, 2006
                        1044 Posts
                        Posted: January 9, 2007, 10:55 pm - IP Logged

If one knew with certainty that a number will come out in the very next draw because that number is "due", which other 4 numbers would you put with it?  How would you decide which other numbers to play.  Figure that one out and you have found the holy grail to lotto.

(The key word above is "certainty".  )

United States
                          Member #48781
                          January 9, 2007
                          8 Posts
                          Posted: January 9, 2007, 11:36 pm - IP Logged

If one knew with certainty that a number will come out in the very next draw because that number is "due", which other 4 numbers would you put with it?  How would you decide which other numbers to play.  Figure that one out and you have found the holy grail to lotto.

(The key word above is "certainty".  )

you'd do a wheeled combination with the remaining numbers, filter out all extreme combinations e.g. odd-even , high-low, etc

since hot-cold usually occure in 3-2 or 2-3 , you'd pick 1 other hot , and 3 or 2 cold numbers.

derek7's avatar - speedykat
                            IL
                            United States
                            Member #34578
                            March 4, 2006
                            198 Posts
                            Posted: January 10, 2007, 12:04 am - IP Logged

I do not believe in "due" numbers either... Maybe we should do a poll like this... Do you count on "due" numbers or not...?!?

Derek7

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                              Harbinger
                              D.C./MD.
                              United States
                              Member #44103
                              July 30, 2006
                              5587 Posts
                              Posted: January 10, 2007, 8:55 pm - IP Logged

What is funny, and happens a lot to me,  is that when a trend is detected, and I start trying to play around it, it ends.  Just like that, bam, done, over. 

To address this, in anticipation of a trend, I have created a small pool of numbers (8 or 9) depending on if it is 5/39 or 6/39, chose a common decade pattern, and play a few different combos every draw using this group of numbers.  Of course, as always, you have to have luck on your side because this is a game of chance.  But when the numbers fall into the pool; $$$$.

This has happened with my dynamic sets that change every day and have hit multiple 3/5 3/6"s, 4/5 and 5/6, intermittently.  But there are draws that when you see them,  and check them,  were in a pool that you used 2 weeks ago, and would have hammered it  with that pool from 2 weeks earlier!

So basically, I am going to play a small backyard size inflatable pool of numbers (no water filter) regularly, in addition to the larger pool that has the high rate Diatomaceous Earth filter that changes the pool water (numbers) every day.  Anyway LOL. jarasan US Flag