Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:20 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Won $7 in PB 1/10 (3+0)

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 10 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #379
June 5, 2002
11296 Posts
Posted: January 11, 2007, 9:54 am - IP Logged

For those of you who wonder why I condemn NY Blotto, last night is a very good example. I played only one Powerball ticket (as I had been concentrating on Mega Millions, which was hit the night before,) but had three of the five white balls, worth $7. If you play NY Blotto, getting three numbers is hard enough, and all you win is $1. You have a better chance of hitting a Pick 3 exactly (1:1000) then getting at least four numbers, which has paid as little as $9 since becoming NY Blotto 59.

In Powerball, you have a better overall chance of winning than in NY Blotto (1:37 v 1:46), with the smallest prize $3. You also have a realistic chance of winning $4 or $7. It has to be VERY frustrating winning only $1 at a time in NY Blotto while PB players wagering the same amount (or less) get the occasional $3, $4, and $7 winners (remember there are two ways of winning $7).

There is a tremendous difference in the lower tier prizes in a 50% payout jackpot game v a 40% payout jackpot game. I hope this thread will further enlighten NY Blotto players.

NY Blotto will change somewhat in March, but I still expect the same stingy 40% payout.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23260 Posts
    Posted: January 11, 2007, 10:01 am - IP Logged

Troll

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
      Member #379
      June 5, 2002
      11296 Posts
      Posted: January 11, 2007, 10:07 am - IP Logged

Todd:

You should be happy that I won. I just came back from Connecticut. I played $5 for Saturday's PB, so you know I put my money where my mouth is, or however that phrase goes.

JAP69's avatar - alas
        South Carolina
        United States
        Member #6
        November 4, 2001
        8790 Posts
        Posted: January 11, 2007, 10:15 am - IP Logged

Did you opt for the cash on the $7.00?

Jack-in-the-Box

WHATT

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
          Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23260 Posts
          Posted: January 11, 2007, 2:14 pm - IP Logged

Todd:

You should be happy that I won. I just came back from Connecticut. I played $5 for Saturday's PB, so you know I put my money where my mouth is, or however that phrase goes.

I'm happy for you and your big $7 prize.  It's always good to win something in a multi-state game.

Your comparisons of NY Lotto to Pick 3 are very JV [junior-varsity, newbie-like], and I'm very surpised you would make them.  Pick 3 does not offer the chance to win a multi-million-dollar prize.  A newbie would make that comparison.

Also, to compare an in-state lotto game with the second-largest multi-state game is also JV.  Are you suggesting that NY Lotto should have the same prizes as Powerball?  Following your same logic, why not compare winning $20,000 for matching 5 numbers in South Dakota's Dakota Cash game compared to Powerball's $200,000 for matching 5 numbers?

If you choose to respond, please do not throw in the comments about New York's 40% payout, because that's a legislative act by the liberal NY legislature that you support, not something the lottery can change.

If you want to increase the payout percentage, vote Republican to mix things up in your state.  Send that creep Sheldon Silver packing and you might get some good results.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
          What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
          Help eliminate computerized drawings!

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
            Member #91
            January 19, 2002
            11927 Posts
            Posted: January 11, 2007, 2:58 pm - IP Logged

look at that you won some Cash Cash,,,,see you just need to quit being a hater and start being a player,,,,,WTG!!!

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
              Member #41383
              June 16, 2006
              1969 Posts
              Posted: January 11, 2007, 10:34 pm - IP Logged

I'm happy for you and your big $7 prize.  It's always good to win something in a multi-state game.

Your comparisons of NY Lotto to Pick 3 are very JV [junior-varsity, newbie-like], and I'm very surpised you would make them.  Pick 3 does not offer the chance to win a multi-million-dollar prize.  A newbie would make that comparison.

Also, to compare an in-state lotto game with the second-largest multi-state game is also JV.  Are you suggesting that NY Lotto should have the same prizes as Powerball?  Following your same logic, why not compare winning $20,000 for matching 5 numbers in South Dakota's Dakota Cash game compared to Powerball's $200,000 for matching 5 numbers?

If you choose to respond, please do not throw in the comments about New York's 40% payout, because that's a legislative act by the liberal NY legislature that you support, not something the lottery can change.

If you want to increase the payout percentage, vote Republican to mix things up in your state.  Send that creep Sheldon Silver packing and you might get some good results.

Todd, I've been saying that for a year: why play a State Pick 5 for < $100,000 when the PB 'Pick 5' is $200,000 ?

Sure, the odds are a lot better for a State Pick 5, but to me, 1 in 80 million (or whatever) is the same as 1 in 146 million.

I just discount 2 number groups, take my chances, and see where things fall, and I have hit 9  4 of 5's in PB WB's......  but close isn't good enough.  Maybe the 10th time is charm....... who knows.........

United States
                Member #16612
                June 2, 2005
                3493 Posts
                Posted: January 11, 2007, 10:36 pm - IP Logged

Congratulations on your 3+0 call that net you $7 CASH Only.

United States
                  Member #379
                  June 5, 2002
                  11296 Posts
                  Posted: January 12, 2007, 12:41 pm - IP Logged

NY had a Republican governor for 12 years (until Spitzer took over January 1) and the Lotto payout stayed the same, although scratch games in 1999 saw the payout increase from 55% to 65%.

The notorious 40% payout also applies to "promotional" games (eg King Kong Millions, Millennium Millions;) however, the payout for the upcoming Raffle to Riches will be 50%. Therefore is RtR not a promtional game (maybe an occasional game?), or did the NY legislature increase the payout on promtional games? If so, why are they afraid to hike the Lotto payout?