Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 12:40 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lucky For Life vs. Flip & Switch

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 10 years ago by rdc137.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #119
February 19, 2002
527 Posts
Posted: January 15, 2007, 10:42 pm - IP Logged

LFL is a 6/38 game.  I used two 4 of 6 wheels tonight and won five 3-number prizes and one 4-number prize, for a total of $55.  This is my sixth or seventh 4 of 6 win in this game

But that is not important.

What IS important is the following: A smaller number field game allows for better number selection strategies to utilize wheels more successfully, especially ones with fewer combinations.

Winning $3000/month for "life" is much better than the newly announced prize amounts for the new PA Mix & Match game, which I call "Flip & Switch".  For the new game, 3 correct numbers will yield $2 [$3 for LFL]; 4 will yield $20 [$40 for LFL]; and 5 will win you $2000 [same for LFL].

Flip & Switch is a prostitution of the current PA 5/39 game that yields $100,000 for having all five numbers and costs an additional dollar over 5/39.

To win the 5/39 you need to beat the 1 in 575,757 odds to win $100,000.  But to win Flip & Switch the odds are 1 in 1,395,360 and you win $52,000 (& more if it rolls over-- but note that the 5/39 game also "rolls over".

If you won LFL, you would be guaranteed $1,000,000.  Clearly, $36,000 a year for twenty years is much preferable than $52,000.

For all these reasons, the arguments made here for "killing" LFL do not hold water or merit.

The lesson?  As a group, I again recommend we abandon or at least play less often huge number field games like Power/Mega Rip and focus on true Pick 5/39 or less games. 

The jackpot for those games will thus rise much faster for the Power/Mega diehards but playing smaller number field games will yield much more satisfaction and probability of winning such as my win tonight.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
    Member #4877
    May 30, 2004
    5122 Posts
    Posted: January 16, 2007, 1:43 am - IP Logged

LFL is a 6/38 game.  I used two 4 of 6 wheels tonight and won five 3-number prizes and one 4-number prize, for a total of $55.  This is my sixth or seventh 4 of 6 win in this game

What IS important is the following: A smaller number field game allows for better number selection strategies to utilize wheels more successfully, especially ones with fewer combinations.

Winning $3000/month for "life" is much better than the newly announced prize amounts for the new PA Mix & Match game, which I call "Flip & Switch".  For the new game, 3 correct numbers will yield $2 [$3 for LFL]; 4 will yield $20 [$40 for LFL]; and 5 will win you $2000 [same for LFL].

Flip & Switch is a prostitution of the current PA 5/39 game that yields $100,000 for having all five numbers and costs an additional dollar over 5/39.

To win the 5/39 you need to beat the 1 in 575,757 odds to win $100,000.  But to win Flip & Switch the odds are 1 in 1,395,360 and you win $52,000 (& more if it rolls over-- but note that the 5/39 game also "rolls over".

If you won LFL, you would be guaranteed $1,000,000.  Clearly, $36,000 a year for twenty years is much preferable than $52,000.

For all these reasons, the arguments made here for "killing" LFL do not hold water or merit.

The lesson?  As a group, I again recommend we abandon or at least play less often huge number field games like Power/Mega Rip and focus on true Pick 5/39 or less games. 

The jackpot for those games will thus rise much faster for the Power/Mega diehards but playing smaller number field games will yield much more satisfaction and probability of winning such as my win tonight.

Greg:

YOU are extreamly...................................GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KEEP.........................................................us posted on U-R'rrrrrrrrr

GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HITTT$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

LOL

PSYKOMO 

United States
      Member #379
      June 5, 2002
      11296 Posts
      Posted: January 16, 2007, 9:42 am - IP Logged

Lucky for Life would not be retired next week if it had a cash option. Mix & Match is, by default, a better game, even though I expect some confusion.

I can see a lottery offer a M&M-style game one day as a "classic" lotto game.

United States
        Member #379
        June 5, 2002
        11296 Posts
        Posted: January 16, 2007, 9:42 am - IP Logged

Lucky for Life would not be retired next week if it had a cash option. Mix & Match is, by default, a better game, even though I expect some confusion.

United States
          Member #119
          February 19, 2002
          527 Posts
          Posted: January 16, 2007, 10:31 pm - IP Logged

Cash, as usual, you offer absolutely nothing to substantiate your claim that it is "a better game" when I just literally BLEW it out of the water!  Clearly, you are the only one who is confused here!

You must work for them, just like the other poster here who seems to always advocate for games that significantly weaken all of our chances to win.

As for it being offered "one day" as a "classic" lotto game, let me say this:

First, PA had a 6/69 game (yes, you read correctly, it WAS (gasp!) a 69 number game;

Next, they reduced it to 49 numbers BUT increased the ticket cost to TWO dollars!

And NOW, those "wonderful" folks who work in Harrisburg (& their devious consultants) offer us "FLIP & SWITCH", which like the replacement PA 6/49 [Match 6] game, ALSO weakens - dilutes - diminishes - decreases prize levels on ALL tiers!

My conclusion: PA is attempting boldly and not so subtlely to deceive the good people of Pennsylvania, defraud them, and maximize their state "profits" unethically, and I would dare say, illegally, given the contractual basis on which 99.5% of this country's lottery games have always been played (and consented to) by honest, well-meaning, hard working, law-abiding tax paying players!

Consider yourself unmasked!

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
            Member #47420
            November 4, 2006
            3930 Posts
            Posted: January 26, 2007, 10:06 pm - IP Logged

Ky has a game called Win For Life..I don't know if it's the same as Lucky For Life but sounds the same..What you get is 1,000.00 a month for the rest of your life..I think how they pay is like 17,000.00 evey 4th month so as it comes out to 52,000.00 a year..I think I'd ratehr hit that then the Power Ball..But that's just me......

Delaware
              United States
              Member #30273
              January 14, 2006
              494 Posts
              Posted: January 26, 2007, 10:09 pm - IP Logged

Ky has a game called Win For Life..I don't know if it's the same as Lucky For Life but sounds the same..What you get is 1,000.00 a month for the rest of your life..I think how they pay is like 17,000.00 evey 4th month so as it comes out to 52,000.00 a year..I think I'd ratehr hit that then the Power Ball..But that's just me......

It's not the same game. Win for Life is a joint effort by Kentucky, Virginia, and Georgia. Lucky for Life had a different prize, different number set, and was only sold in Pennsylvania.

United States
                Member #1826
                July 11, 2003
                2645 Posts
                Posted: January 26, 2007, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

Don't worry. Mix & Match will be gone fast. If Lot 'O Play in Ohio was so confusing that people shunned it to oblivion, the same will probably happen with Mix & Match. It's certainly the complex game I've seen, and it will be gone within the next 2 years, mark it down.

(insert signature here)

United States
                  Member #10720
                  January 23, 2005
                  933 Posts
                  Posted: January 26, 2007, 10:35 pm - IP Logged

I won in nj when it was 5/38 so theoretically I have a shot on a normal 5/39 game. On PA Cash 5 I OFTEN get 2 numbers which is good for your $1 back unlike nj. The new game sounds like Match 6 in name and sounds like Cash 5 in play but with having to pick balls in position which is a new thing. I will probably try it a few times to see IF I can systemize it by adding a positional algorithm, which will take several draws probably to even try that. You have to look at what the odds are vs. the cost vs. what you are expecting to win. The problem with most States that get Powerball or Mega, is their other Lotto games' sales drop.

PS - COMING SOON! Larry's (that's me) MIX&MATCH QuickPicker!
                  PPS - KY Life is $1000/wk not /month, better than the PA one was.
                  Not to mention PA still has the W4L scratch-off which IS $1000/wk.

United States
                    Member #119
                    February 19, 2002
                    527 Posts
                    Posted: January 26, 2007, 10:36 pm - IP Logged

Don't worry. Mix & Match will be gone fast. If Lot 'O Play in Ohio was so confusing that people shunned it to oblivion, the same will probably happen with Mix & Match. It's certainly the complex game I've seen, and it will be gone within the next 2 years, mark it down.

I give M&M 8 months and "predict" that in September PA will come out with a new game, probably a 10-20-80 Keno game, if they are smart enough to cash in on the legalized gambling just legislated in PA.

Delaware
                      United States
                      Member #30273
                      January 14, 2006
                      494 Posts
                      Posted: January 27, 2007, 12:42 am - IP Logged

I give M&M 8 months and "predict" that in September PA will come out with a new game, probably a 10-20-80 Keno game, if they are smart enough to cash in on the legalized gambling just legislated in PA.

The only thing PA legalized was slots dolled out to political contributers. I would not be surprised to see Keno appear in PA sometime soon though, but likely as an additional online game, not a Mix & Match replacement.