Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:27 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

End of a ERROR in Pennsylvania

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 10 years ago by CASH Only.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #379
June 5, 2002
11296 Posts
Posted: January 19, 2007, 9:43 am - IP Logged

Monday night (1/22) will be the final Lucky for Life drawing. Hopefully the failure of Lucky for Life will disourage US lotteries from offering more "lifetime" games without reasonable cash options.

BTW I see that it looks like GA-KY-VA Lose for Life is desparate to sell tickets. VA even is going as far as to give away jackets with the Lose for Life logo. I'm hoping for more global warming!

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23260 Posts
    Posted: January 19, 2007, 9:54 am - IP Logged

Sleep

Thumbs Down

Same old tired post.  You need to come up with some new gripes.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Coastal Georgia
      United States
      Member #2653
      October 30, 2003
      1866 Posts
      Posted: January 19, 2007, 9:56 am - IP Logged

Monday night (1/22) will be the final Lucky for Life drawing. Hopefully the failure of Lucky for Life will disourage US lotteries from offering more "lifetime" games without reasonable cash options.

BTW I see that it looks like GA-KY-VA Lose for Life is desparate to sell tickets. VA even is going as far as to give away jackets with the Lose for Life logo. I'm hoping for more global warming!

Global warming doesn't have a dam thing to do with the lottery, but I do agree that Win for life in GA-KY-VA should pack it in .
      I just read where the GA Lottery has set a new record for sales in the first half of fiscal 2007, but I would wager that WFL ain't one of the best sellers...
      I sure don't play it.

Bring back Lotto South !!!

United States
        Member #119
        February 19, 2002
        527 Posts
        Posted: January 19, 2007, 9:45 pm - IP Logged

I called you out on my recent posts, "Cash", but you refused to respond and failed to refute my reasoning. 

You didn't think you could hide from me, did you?

LFL is a 6/38 game.  A smaller number field game allows for better number selection strategies to utilize wheels more successfully, especially ones with fewer combinations.Winning $3000/month for "life" is much better than the newly announced prize amounts for the new PA Mix & Match game, which I call "Flip & Switch".  For the new game, 3 correct numbers will yield $2 [$3 for LFL]; 4 will yield $20 [$40 for LFL]; and 5 will win you $2000 [same for LFL].Flip & Switch is a prostitution of the current PA 5/39 game that yields $100,000 for having all five numbers and costs an additional dollar over 5/39.

To win the 5/39 you need to beat the 1 in 575,757 odds to win $100,000.  But to win Flip & Switch the odds are 1 in 1,395,360 and you win only $52,000 (& more if it rolls over-- but note that the 5/39 game also "rolls over" from $100,000/night on!

If you won LFL, you would be guaranteed $1,000,000Clearly, $36,000 a year for twenty years is much preferable than $52,000.  Yet, you do not see THAT as a "reasonable cash option".The arguments you try to make for "killing" LFL do not hold water or merit.

More importantly, you know what, Cash? 

I think you are an Infiltrator.

What is an "Infiltrator"?  An Infiltrator is someone who endlessly makes statements that cannot be substantiated by the laws of probability or otherwise.  An Infiltrator is someone whose verbage deceives the LP Readership here.  You must work for them, just like the other poster here who seems to always advocate for games that significantly weaken all of our chances to win.

A brief history is in order here, Cash:

First, PA had a 6/69 game.  Next, they reduced it to 49 numbers but increased the ticket cost by an ADDITIONAL dollar!

And NOW, those "wonderful" folks who work in Harrisburg (& their devious consultants and official/unofficial "Infiltrators") offer us "FLIP & SWITCH", which like the replacement PA 6/49 [Match 6] game, ALSO weakens - dilutes - diminishes - decreases prize levels on ALL tiers!

PA is attempting boldly and not so subtlely to deceive the good people of Pennsylvania, defraud them, and maximize their state "profits" unethically, and I would dare say, illegally, given the contractual basis on which 99.5% of this country's lottery games have always been played (and consented to) by honest, well-meaning, hard working, law-abiding tax paying players!

What is going on here is this: a concerted effort by the PA Lottery in Harrisburg NOT to let hardworking, taxpaying PA residents access MILLIONS of dollars BECAUSE THOSE cash options have been ELIMINATEDThis is NOT the case, thankfully, in NJ and other states that  classically have always added $2,000,000 for each drawing without a 6 out of 6 winner.

Just once, I'd like to see you make a statement that you can back up, Cash.  Until then, the readership here just will not trust your posts. 

United States
          Member #10720
          January 23, 2005
          933 Posts
          Posted: January 19, 2007, 10:02 pm - IP Logged

Global Warming DOES have something to do with Lottery. Some of my algorithms do better in (normal) Winter. I don't like that LFL is $3000/month rather than $1000/week, but I liked the chance of an instant $10 prize. It will be a little sad to have to tear down the LFL button from my programs and have to rewrite code. Having a guaranteed income for life is not a bad thing. People could choose to play whichever one has the prize type they prefer. Apparently the LFL tickets must not have been popular.

I have more problems with MATCH 6 (but I like the logo) because I don't get how a drawing with 6 numbers can have tickets matching up to 10 numbers unless the lottery terminal RNG will deliberately duplicate some of the numbers. Either that or there would be many MATCH 6 tickets that are incapable of winning some of the prize levels.

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
            Member #14
            November 9, 2001
            31344 Posts
            Posted: January 19, 2007, 10:13 pm - IP Logged

Do you have PMS 24/7?  All you do is bitch.

Put that energy into trying to win.

love to nibble those micey feet.

Raven62's avatar - binary
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #17843
              June 28, 2005
              49674 Posts
              Posted: January 19, 2007, 10:53 pm - IP Logged

Do you have PMS 24/7?  All you do is bitch.

Put that energy into trying to win.

LOL!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

United States
                Member #379
                June 5, 2002
                11296 Posts
                Posted: January 20, 2007, 10:56 am - IP Logged

I called you out on my recent posts, "Cash", but you refused to respond and failed to refute my reasoning. 

You didn't think you could hide from me, did you?

LFL is a 6/38 game.  A smaller number field game allows for better number selection strategies to utilize wheels more successfully, especially ones with fewer combinations.Winning $3000/month for "life" is much better than the newly announced prize amounts for the new PA Mix & Match game, which I call "Flip & Switch".  For the new game, 3 correct numbers will yield $2 [$3 for LFL]; 4 will yield $20 [$40 for LFL]; and 5 will win you $2000 [same for LFL].Flip & Switch is a prostitution of the current PA 5/39 game that yields $100,000 for having all five numbers and costs an additional dollar over 5/39.

To win the 5/39 you need to beat the 1 in 575,757 odds to win $100,000.  But to win Flip & Switch the odds are 1 in 1,395,360 and you win only $52,000 (& more if it rolls over-- but note that the 5/39 game also "rolls over" from $100,000/night on!

If you won LFL, you would be guaranteed $1,000,000Clearly, $36,000 a year for twenty years is much preferable than $52,000.  Yet, you do not see THAT as a "reasonable cash option".The arguments you try to make for "killing" LFL do not hold water or merit.

More importantly, you know what, Cash? 

I think you are an Infiltrator.

What is an "Infiltrator"?  An Infiltrator is someone who endlessly makes statements that cannot be substantiated by the laws of probability or otherwise.  An Infiltrator is someone whose verbage deceives the LP Readership here.  You must work for them, just like the other poster here who seems to always advocate for games that significantly weaken all of our chances to win.

A brief history is in order here, Cash:

First, PA had a 6/69 game.  Next, they reduced it to 49 numbers but increased the ticket cost by an ADDITIONAL dollar!

And NOW, those "wonderful" folks who work in Harrisburg (& their devious consultants and official/unofficial "Infiltrators") offer us "FLIP & SWITCH", which like the replacement PA 6/49 [Match 6] game, ALSO weakens - dilutes - diminishes - decreases prize levels on ALL tiers!

PA is attempting boldly and not so subtlely to deceive the good people of Pennsylvania, defraud them, and maximize their state "profits" unethically, and I would dare say, illegally, given the contractual basis on which 99.5% of this country's lottery games have always been played (and consented to) by honest, well-meaning, hard working, law-abiding tax paying players!

What is going on here is this: a concerted effort by the PA Lottery in Harrisburg NOT to let hardworking, taxpaying PA residents access MILLIONS of dollars BECAUSE THOSE cash options have been ELIMINATEDThis is NOT the case, thankfully, in NJ and other states that  classically have always added $2,000,000 for each drawing without a 6 out of 6 winner.

Just once, I'd like to see you make a statement that you can back up, Cash.  Until then, the readership here just will not trust your posts. 

You say you like games with fewer numbers.

Lucky for Life is/was 6/38.

Mix & Match will be 5/19. One less number to pick, and NINETEEN fewer numbers to pick from.

United States
                  Member #119
                  February 19, 2002
                  527 Posts
                  Posted: January 20, 2007, 9:09 pm - IP Logged

I think you need to respond to the other 98.5% of my post rather than just a snippet! But suit yourself.

"Always tell the truth. That will astonish some, and gratify the rest".

Pres. Harry S. Truman, Democrat

United States
                    Member #10720
                    January 23, 2005
                    933 Posts
                    Posted: January 20, 2007, 9:18 pm - IP Logged

The new game is 1. weird and 2. the name is confusing! First of all it has MATCH in it which confuses with MATCH 6! The WEIRD thing is that you can win with numbers being IN POSITION which is extremely rare in Jackpot games! So yeah you have less balls to pick but now have to factor in positioning! The odds on the top prize are over double that of the Cash 5! Of course I will try it as soon as I can. But I have a feeling this game won't be around long because it's a little bit complicated.

United States
                      Member #1826
                      July 11, 2003
                      2645 Posts
                      Posted: January 21, 2007, 4:27 pm - IP Logged

The new game is 1. weird and 2. the name is confusing! First of all it has MATCH in it which confuses with MATCH 6! The WEIRD thing is that you can win with numbers being IN POSITION which is extremely rare in Jackpot games! So yeah you have less balls to pick but now have to factor in positioning! The odds on the top prize are over double that of the Cash 5! Of course I will try it as soon as I can. But I have a feeling this game won't be around long because it's a little bit complicated.

My sentiments exactly. I understand it, but the casual player will most likely not. I too have a feeling that this won't be around for long. And I also think the PA Lottery is thinking the same thing, notice how you can only buy up to 2 draws in advance.

(insert signature here)

United States
                        Member #379
                        June 5, 2002
                        11296 Posts
                        Posted: January 26, 2007, 2:00 pm - IP Logged

Match 6 now up to 4.1m. I think for now people are playing M6 instead of trying M&M.