Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 1:10 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Senior Citizen Exercise

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
ORLANDO, FLORIDA
United States
Member #4924
June 3, 2004
5979 Posts
Posted: January 24, 2007, 11:53 am - IP Logged

I know this isn't lottery related, but this is for the Senior Citizens on the forum.Remember, a sound body makes a sound mind, and we all need that to pick winners. 

I came across this exercise suggested for seniors, to build muscle strength
in the arms and shoulders. It seems so easy, so I thought I'd pass
it on.
The article suggested doing it three days a week.Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty of room
at each side. With a 5-lb. potato sack in each hand, extend your arms straight
out from your sides, and hold them there as long as you can. Try to reach a
full minute, and then relax. Each day, you'll find that you can hold this
position for just a bit longer.
After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-lb. potato sacks. Then
A 50-lb. potato sack, and then eventually try to get to where you can lift a
100-lb. potato sack in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full
minute.

Once you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each of the sacks.

United States
    Member #2460
    October 7, 2003
    766 Posts
    Posted: January 24, 2007, 12:21 pm - IP Logged

I know this isn't lottery related, but this is for the Senior Citizens on the forum.Remember, a sound body makes a sound mind, and we all need that to pick winners. 

I came across this exercise suggested for seniors, to build muscle strength
    in the arms and shoulders. It seems so easy, so I thought I'd pass
    it on.
    The article suggested doing it three days a week.Begin by standing on a comfortable surface, where you have plenty of room
    at each side. With a 5-lb. potato sack in each hand, extend your arms straight
    out from your sides, and hold them there as long as you can. Try to reach a
    full minute, and then relax. Each day, you'll find that you can hold this
    position for just a bit longer.
    After a couple of weeks, move up to 10-lb. potato sacks. Then
    A 50-lb. potato sack, and then eventually try to get to where you can lift a
    100-lb. potato sack in each hand and hold your arms straight for more than a full
    minute.

Once you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each of the sacks.

CARBOB

"Once you feel confident at that level, put a potato in each of the sacks."

That is good, I was beginning to worry.

Jester

EXCALIBUR is no more that "Handle" is dead, gone.
    Maybe sometime in the future I might come back as LANTERN again, but maybe not, if I don't come back as LANTERN in the future then I won't come back at all, but as I said there is no more EXCALIBUR.

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
      Stone Mountain*Georgia
      United States
      Member #828
      November 2, 2002
      10491 Posts
      Posted: January 24, 2007, 12:36 pm - IP Logged

STANISLAUS (Stanley) ZBYSZKO
      (Birthname: Stanislaus Cyganiewicz)

Brother of the great Polish wrestler Wladek Zbyszko in a photo taken around 1924. Born in Lodlowa, Poland on April 1, 1879. He was the heavyweight wrestling champion of the world 3 times. Dispelling the myth that muscular men are unintelligent, he could speak 5 languages fluently, and several of the Baltic dialects. He was named as one of the four strongest men in the world at one time. His weight in this fine photograph was 230 lbs. This is an amazing image, since Stan was already 50 years old here, yet still sported a 21" upper arm and a 50" chest.

He starred in a "film noir" movie made in 1950 as a character named "Gregorius the Great ". His only film apprearance. He was already 71 at the time.

He died on September 22, 1967 in St. Joseph, Missouri at age 88.

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

United States
        Member #2460
        October 7, 2003
        766 Posts
        Posted: January 24, 2007, 3:46 pm - IP Logged

STANISLAUS (Stanley) ZBYSZKO
        (Birthname: Stanislaus Cyganiewicz)

Brother of the great Polish wrestler Wladek Zbyszko in a photo taken around 1924. Born in Lodlowa, Poland on April 1, 1879. He was the heavyweight wrestling champion of the world 3 times. Dispelling the myth that muscular men are unintelligent, he could speak 5 languages fluently, and several of the Baltic dialects. He was named as one of the four strongest men in the world at one time. His weight in this fine photograph was 230 lbs. This is an amazing image, since Stan was already 50 years old here, yet still sported a 21" upper arm and a 50" chest.

He starred in a "film noir" movie made in 1950 as a character named "Gregorius the Great ". His only film apprearance. He was already 71 at the time.

He died on September 22, 1967 in St. Joseph, Missouri at age 88.

He was probably as big as "Charles Atlas" (Angelo Siciliano (One of my regular Internet's aliases or names, Angelo Siciliano, I mean)).

Maybe sometime in the future I might come back as LANTERN again, but maybe not, if I don't come back as LANTERN in the future then I won't come back at all, but as I said there is no more EXCALIBUR.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
          Zeta Reticuli Star System
          United States
          Member #30470
          January 17, 2006
          10392 Posts
          Posted: January 24, 2007, 8:05 pm - IP Logged

He was probably as big as "Charles Atlas" (Angelo Siciliano (One of my regular Internet's aliases or names, Angelo Siciliano, I mean)).

EXCALIBUR

You're one of the few people I've ever encountered that knows Atlas' real name.

Remember how he died, or at least so the story goes? 

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
            Member #4877
            May 30, 2004
            5145 Posts
            Posted: January 24, 2007, 8:56 pm - IP Logged

EXCALIBUR

You're one of the few people I've ever encountered that knows Atlas' real name.

Remember how he died, or at least so the story goes? 

WOW

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????>>>>>>>>> 

United States
              Member #2460
              October 7, 2003
              766 Posts
              Posted: January 25, 2007, 4:47 am - IP Logged

Coin Toss

No I don't, but after his wife died, he probably was not the same and died still kind of young for somebody as healthy as he appeared to be.

Was it a hearth attack? 

United States
                Member #2460
                October 7, 2003
                766 Posts
                Posted: January 25, 2007, 4:57 am - IP Logged

WOW

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????????>>>>>>>>> 

psykomo

I am sorry to know that you and so many others feel pain and are sick.

I am not so healthy myself, I have enough health problems.

Luckily for us, these things don't last forever, because our bodies don't either.

Before too long we will all be gone, in due time of course, as I am sure that health problems or not we are not in any great hurry to depart.

Or are we?

Sorry about you Emily sweetheart and all others, join the club, not that it is any club that anybody would like to join in.

Good luck to all.

And no, psykomo is definitely not crazy, at least no more than anybody else.

United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10392 Posts
                  Posted: January 25, 2007, 5:49 pm - IP Logged

Coin Toss

No I don't, but after his wife died, he probably was not the same and died still kind of young for somebody as healthy as he appeared to be.

Was it a hearth attack? 

There was an article in one of those mens' magazines,  not a girlie one but those "action" ones like Saga or Argosy, maybe it was Esquire....

A Merchant Marine was visting a hospital in New York City and found out Atlas was there.  Atlas was his choildhood idol and he asked if he couyld visti him. He was extremely ill by this team, and when the guy went to his room to meet him and shake his hand, he asked him toflex one more time, and according to this article, Atlas died right after he flexed for the guy.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                    Member #2460
                    October 7, 2003
                    766 Posts
                    Posted: January 26, 2007, 2:17 am - IP Logged

There was an article in one of those mens' magazines,  not a girlie one but those "action" ones like Saga or Argosy, maybe it was Esquire....

A Merchant Marine was visting a hospital in New York City and found out Atlas was there.  Atlas was his choildhood idol and he asked if he couyld visti him. He was extremely ill by this team, and when the guy went to his room to meet him and shake his hand, he asked him toflex one more time, and according to this article, Atlas died right after he flexed for the guy.

Coin Toss

Atlas died of a heart attack in Long Beach, Long Island, not far from his home in Point Lookout, New York on December 23, 1972.

------------------

I found that info with Google.

It is so sad. 

United States
                      Member #30470
                      January 17, 2006
                      10392 Posts
                      Posted: January 26, 2007, 2:33 am - IP Logged

Oh well, like I said, "Or so the story goes" (went). Yeah, that was sad. Atlas was a mail order marketing genius, too.  

Lep