Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 9:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Ohio Classic Lotto Numbers

Topic closed. 10 replies. Last post 10 years ago by LottoVantage.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
LottoVantage's avatar - BRITIS 3.GIF
Southeastern Ohio
United States
Member #13850
April 16, 2005
783 Posts
Posted: January 24, 2007, 11:40 pm - IP Logged

Since I am tracking this new Ohio Lottery for myself, I decided I might as well post it here. My theory is, until all numbers within the lottery pool have hit at least once, it's fragile making any dynamic predictions. But, if nothing else, it's interesting to watch a new lottery grow, especially a classic six number ball drawn lottery with no bonus ball.

ohioclsat012707.GIF&width=149&height=150&ext=GIF&mode=none&key=633052785466925908

Southeastern Ohio
    United States
    Member #13850
    April 16, 2005
    783 Posts
    Posted: January 27, 2007, 11:37 pm - IP Logged

The moderately favorable ALERT for Saturday's drawing cranked out FIVE hot numbers in the Upper Tier number group. Will the chaos continue for Monday's drawing? Stay tuned...

ohioclmon012907.GIF&width=149&height=150&ext=GIF&mode=none&key=633055376225079506

Southeastern Ohio
      United States
      Member #13850
      April 16, 2005
      783 Posts
      Posted: January 29, 2007, 10:32 pm - IP Logged

The highly favorable ALERT for Monday's drawing degraded to FOUR numbers appearing in the upper tier number group. Will the chaos return for Wednesday's drawing? Stay tuned...

ohioclwed013107.GIF&width=149&height=150&ext=GIF&mode=none&key=633057063804828730

United States
        Member #379
        June 5, 2002
        11296 Posts
        Posted: January 31, 2007, 2:35 pm - IP Logged

Unfortunately, Ohio is continuing to shortchange cash option winners with the new Classic Lotto. The cash value is fixed at 50% of the annuity, instead of a (higher) floating percentage, which is the case with Mega Millions (the cash value % of the annuity fluctuates.) In Ohio, play MM instead.

Southeastern Ohio
          United States
          Member #13850
          April 16, 2005
          783 Posts
          Posted: January 31, 2007, 3:48 pm - IP Logged

Unfortunately, Ohio is continuing to shortchange cash option winners with the new Classic Lotto. The cash value is fixed at 50% of the annuity, instead of a (higher) floating percentage, which is the case with Mega Millions (the cash value % of the annuity fluctuates.) In Ohio, play MM instead.

Let me see if I'm reading this right, are you telling me to play Mega Millions instead of the new Ohio Classic Lotto? If this is correct, mabey you can provide me with some  accurate statistics comparing the probabilities of winning either one. Or, does this make any difference in one's choice of lotteries to play? Personally, I don't need $300,000,000.00 bucks to be happy, and my chances of hitting the big one in Mega Millions are a whole lot less than getting a hit in Ohio's Classic Lotto, unless of course, my ability to figure accurate statistics is completely twisted...

Southeastern Ohio
            United States
            Member #13850
            April 16, 2005
            783 Posts
            Posted: January 31, 2007, 9:20 pm - IP Logged

The moderately favorable ALERT for Wednesday's drawing elevated to highly favorable with FIVE numbers appearing in the upper tier number group on Wednesday. Will the chaos continue for Saturday's drawing? Stay tuned...

ohioclsat020307.GIF&width=149&height=150&ext=GIF&mode=none&key=633058747823379800

United States
              Member #379
              June 5, 2002
              11296 Posts
              Posted: February 1, 2007, 10:11 am - IP Logged

Let me see if I'm reading this right, are you telling me to play Mega Millions instead of the new Ohio Classic Lotto? If this is correct, mabey you can provide me with some  accurate statistics comparing the probabilities of winning either one. Or, does this make any difference in one's choice of lotteries to play? Personally, I don't need $300,000,000.00 bucks to be happy, and my chances of hitting the big one in Mega Millions are a whole lot less than getting a hit in Ohio's Classic Lotto, unless of course, my ability to figure accurate statistics is completely twisted...

MM winners who choose lump sum (regardless of where they bought their ticket) get their full share of the cash that would buy the annuity. CL winners won't.

The overall odds of winning in MM are better than CL as well.

It might be because it's three times a week, but it doesn't seem to be paying out well (no drawing so far has come even close to paying out $100,000).

Southeastern Ohio
                United States
                Member #13850
                April 16, 2005
                783 Posts
                Posted: February 1, 2007, 11:02 am - IP Logged

MM winners who choose lump sum (regardless of where they bought their ticket) get their full share of the cash that would buy the annuity. CL winners won't.

The overall odds of winning in MM are better than CL as well.

It might be because it's three times a week, but it doesn't seem to be paying out well (no drawing so far has come even close to paying out $100,000).

"The overall odds of winning in MM are better than CL as well".

Really! In other words, your advocating that the odds of winning a lottery with 56 regular balls and 46 bonus balls drawn twice a week is better than a lottery with only 49 regular balls drawn three times a week? Where did you get your degree in statistics?

And, there are many of us out here that could care less about "annuity's", cash is cash no matter how it's delt out.

There have only been five drawings since CL started, do you expect a jackpot winner every drawing? And, if this is so, how many back to back Mega Millions winners have there been since it started?

fja's avatar - gnome1

United States
                  Member #91
                  January 19, 2002
                  11924 Posts
                  Posted: February 1, 2007, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

Rant

CASH ONLY!! 

Green laughGreen laughGreen laughGreen laughGreen laughGreen laugh!!!!

"Everybody has to believe in something...I believe I'll have another beer!"   = W.C.Fields                      

Southeastern Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #13850
                    April 16, 2005
                    783 Posts
                    Posted: February 1, 2007, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

Rant

CASH ONLY!! 

Green laughGreen laughGreen laughGreen laughGreen laughGreen laugh!!!!

fja, that's pretty much the way I see his postings concerning OH's new Classic Lotto  too...

Southeastern Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #13850
                      April 16, 2005
                      783 Posts
                      Posted: February 4, 2007, 2:26 am - IP Logged

The highly favorable ALERT for Saturday's drawing tumbled to unfavorable following the drawing on Saturday. Will chaos Return for Monday's drawing? Stay tuned...

ohioclmon020507.GIF&width=149&height=150&ext=GIF&mode=none&key=633061523743651322