Welcome Guest
You last visited August 22, 2017, 8:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Store sells 2 winners in 3 days

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 11 years ago by psykomo.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
justxploring's avatar - villiarna
Wandering Aimlessly
United States
Member #25360
November 5, 2005
4461 Posts
Posted: January 25, 2007, 11:37 am - IP Logged

Hi.  I thought I was reading the same press release I saw on Tues, but 2 Fantasy 5 tickets were sold at the same store in Cape Coral this week.  Just something I thought was interesting.  If the FL site is posting the information correctly, one ticket was a QP and the other was not.  Some of the numbers were the same, so at first I thought it was a misprint.  I know this can happen, but I was surprised it hit front page news in our local paper!  This is from the Fort Myers News-Press today.  

Cape Publix sells winning Fantasy 5 ticket - again
Originally posted on January 25, 2007

TALLAHASSEE -- For the second time in three days a ticket purchased at a Cape Coral Publix has hit the winning Fantasy 5 numbers.

Last night two tickets matched all five and one of them was bought at the Publix at 1631 Del Prado south. On Monday, a ticket bought at the same store matched and was the sole winner of $236,320.44.

The holder of the ticket bought at the Publix and drawn last night will share a $256,364 top prize with the holder of a ticket bought at a Kwik Stop in Miami.

The winning FANTASY 5 numbers were 04 - 11 - 25 - 27 - 33.

the numbers that were drawn on Monday were

04 - 17 - 19 - 25 - 27

lottolaughs's avatar - avatar2222
    Sunny California
    United States
    Member #40295
    May 31, 2006
    8343 Posts
    Posted: January 25, 2007, 1:54 pm - IP Logged

It's strange but this does happen! Even here in Sacramento we have a store here who produced 2 Super Lotto Jackpot winners. They were a couple of years apart, I believe, but there is something to the saying,"Lightning strikes twice"!

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
      Wandering Aimlessly
      United States
      Member #25360
      November 5, 2005
      4461 Posts
      Posted: January 25, 2007, 6:51 pm - IP Logged

At least in this case, both of them were not QPs.  If they were, I would wonder why one store produced both tickets in only 3 days.  I guess it all comes down to being in the right place at the right time.  Publix in general sells a lot of winning tickets anyway, but it makes sense since they are a very large supermarket chain.  I'm still a little confused about the quick pick "algorithm" each terminal uses which has been discussed on this board a few times. Maybe confused isn't the right word, just unsure.

Well, congrats to the winners.Dance 

Cape Coral is in Lee County where I live, so maybe I know one of the winners.  (as if that makes a difference!  lol) 

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10509 Posts
        Posted: January 25, 2007, 6:59 pm - IP Logged

It's probably here on LP somewhere, use Resources, Search for something, or Google "Lottery + Wisconsin + Miracle Mile"

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
          Member #4877
          May 30, 2004
          5249 Posts
          Posted: February 2, 2007, 9:21 pm - IP Logged

QP's are ODK...

and the places you BUY the ####### are interesting TOO!!!

LOL

PSYKOMO 

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
            Member #4877
            May 30, 2004
            5249 Posts
            Posted: February 5, 2007, 6:53 pm - IP Logged

QP's are ODK...

and the places you BUY the ####### are interesting TOO!!!

LOL

PSYKOMO 

PSYKOMO.........actually,.....buys....30% tickets at PUBLIX!!!!!!!!!!! 

50% tickets at Quick Trip!!!!!!!!

20% tickets at  other  places!!!

For some strange???????????????........................REASON???????

I thought a terminal with a lot of business locations & many outlets around the State...............might work out better with all the QP'$$

I like to BUY>>>>>>>>>>but, & YES.....LP their is always a BUTTT

"No JACKPOT ....yettttt"

ChairBoxing       CryingSleepGuitarGuitar                   Thinking of...