Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 2:50 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

CASHLESS ONLY: "Flip & Switch"

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 10 years ago by LckyLary.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #119
February 19, 2002
527 Posts
Posted: January 25, 2007, 11:00 pm - IP Logged

Regarding the NEW PA game, "Mix & Match", well wouldn't you know?  The PA Lottery had boldly announced in its press release: "Cash jackpots will start at $50,000, but if the top prize is not won in a drawing, the entire amount will roll over to the next drawing’s jackpot."

Guess what MONDAY's Jackpot is?  A WHOPPING $60,000!

Yes, you read that correctly: because nobody won tonight, the Jackpot increased by a WHOPPING $10,000!

Is this a joke?  All this for a TWO DOLLAR ticket?

The game it replaced [Lucky For Life] gave you $3,000. a month for life (20 years).  And the steady, popular, classic PA Cash 5 is won most nights whose jackpot is $100,000 and increases by another $100,000 when the previous night's jackpot is not won.

This new M&M which is really "FLIP & SWITCH: soak a player for TWO dollars, offer him/her an inferior prize and inferior prize tier, and make him feel he can win while throwing him a meager $10k increase in jackpot for his efforts and hard earned money.  Clearly, the PA Lottery execs have found a way to unjustly enrich themselves while throwing a mere pittance to players.

As you know, Flip & Switch (pa's mix & match) is the game a few [1-2?] posters here greatly advocated.

Where are they now when mathematically and jackpot wise, M&M/F&S is lose for life!

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
    A long and winding road
    United States
    Member #17084
    June 10, 2005
    4532 Posts
    Posted: January 26, 2007, 12:40 am - IP Logged

Greg, I agree in part to your summation. It does lead one to beleive that the rollover should be at 50K increase...which isnt the case in this matter...maybe its a typo on the site or tabulation from the webmaster....10k and 100k are just one zero away!

I do think considering the fact it had MORE players hitting and winning something this draw that at least more folks are winners! So really, isnt part of the fun in playing...to win something? I am not ALWAYS looking for the GRAND PRIZE, but rather to break even or make a little.

Keep an open mind and lets see how it proceeds in the next few weeks. I'd hate to not give a new system a chance before placing it on the chopping block. 

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

christmas holly jolly numbers: 255,303,6911, 474,477 silver:47,gold:79.

Delaware
      United States
      Member #30273
      January 14, 2006
      494 Posts
      Posted: January 26, 2007, 9:55 pm - IP Logged

Greg, I agree in part to your summation. It does lead one to beleive that the rollover should be at 50K increase...which isnt the case in this matter...maybe its a typo on the site or tabulation from the webmaster....10k and 100k are just one zero away!

I do think considering the fact it had MORE players hitting and winning something this draw that at least more folks are winners! So really, isnt part of the fun in playing...to win something? I am not ALWAYS looking for the GRAND PRIZE, but rather to break even or make a little.

Keep an open mind and lets see how it proceeds in the next few weeks. I'd hate to not give a new system a chance before placing it on the chopping block. 

I'm not sure this game is going to make the cut. Buying two Cash 5 tickets seems like a better deal. If Mix and Match was a $1 game I'd be more inclined to buy a ticket. A major contributing factor to Lucky for Life's demise was the $2 price tag. The top prize in L4L was more enticing.

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
        Member #47420
        November 4, 2006
        3930 Posts
        Posted: January 26, 2007, 10:12 pm - IP Logged

How do you play Flip & Switch??...How many numbers do you choose and how is the payoff??...I live in Ky and like all the games they have here except for the Tic Tac Cash game..Most you can win there is 25,000...

United States
          Member #119
          February 19, 2002
          527 Posts
          Posted: January 26, 2007, 10:40 pm - IP Logged

How do you play Flip & Switch??...How many numbers do you choose and how is the payoff??...I live in Ky and like all the games they have here except for the Tic Tac Cash game..Most you can win there is 25,000...

To play m&m you choose 5 numbers from 1-19.  But to win the Jackpot of $50,000, you have to have the five winning numbers in the exact order in which they were chosen.

So, for example, you do not win the jackpot if you picked 13, 02, 18, 07, 14 if they were drawn as 18, 07, 13, 02, 14.

If you check the PA website, you can see the complete list of tiered prizes.

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
            Member #47420
            November 4, 2006
            3930 Posts
            Posted: January 26, 2007, 10:45 pm - IP Logged

That game is for loser's.......IMO..

United States
              Member #10720
              January 23, 2005
              933 Posts
              Posted: January 26, 2007, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

If the numbers are out of order you'd get 2 grand if you had all 5.

COMING SOON! Larry's MIX&MATCH QuickPicker!  Even though I don't like the game very much I want to write a program for it.

OH BOY - I just looked at the picture of the betslip for this thing. There are 5 cells for each game, I'll bet 5-dollars to a donut that a lot of players are going to mark the same # in more than one cell or multiple #s in one cell.. I am assuming that there are no duplicate #s in a drawing.

I like how one of the tired prizes (oops, tiered) is "$2,000 and a free ticket."

Kidzmom's avatar - cold
                NC
                United States
                Member #11741
                February 23, 2005
                1233 Posts
                Posted: January 27, 2007, 2:58 am - IP Logged

Regarding the NEW PA game, "Mix & Match", well wouldn't you know?  The PA Lottery had boldly announced in its press release: "Cash jackpots will start at $50,000, but if the top prize is not won in a drawing, the entire amount will roll over to the next drawing’s jackpot."

Guess what MONDAY's Jackpot is?  A WHOPPING $60,000!

Yes, you read that correctly: because nobody won tonight, the Jackpot increased by a WHOPPING $10,000!

Is this a joke?  All this for a TWO DOLLAR ticket?

The game it replaced [Lucky For Life] gave you $3,000. a month for life (20 years).  And the steady, popular, classic PA Cash 5 is won most nights whose jackpot is $100,000 and increases by another $100,000 when the previous night's jackpot is not won.

This new M&M which is really "FLIP & SWITCH: soak a player for TWO dollars, offer him/her an inferior prize and inferior prize tier, and make him feel he can win while throwing him a meager $10k increase in jackpot for his efforts and hard earned money.  Clearly, the PA Lottery execs have found a way to unjustly enrich themselves while throwing a mere pittance to players.

As you know, Flip & Switch (pa's mix & match) is the game a few [1-2?] posters here greatly advocated.

Where are they now when mathematically and jackpot wise, M&M/F&S is lose for life!

Same concept here in NC, only we call it NC cash 5, starts out at $50,000.00 and rolls over until someone wins and our ticket only cost $1.00 to play.

$2.00 ticket for $50,000? Not that is a rip-off

United States
                  Member #10720
                  January 23, 2005
                  933 Posts
                  Posted: January 29, 2007, 11:00 pm - IP Logged

I modified my prg. to kick out LLife and add Mix&Match. The first push of the new button gave me 13-16-03-07-04. That gave me 3 of 5 with one "in position" for $2 plus a free ticket. Hopefully not a QP but probably is.