Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 4:53 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

"Batting Average"- Pick 5, 6, MM

Topic closed. 1 reply. Last post 10 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10391 Posts
Posted: January 27, 2007, 9:44 pm - IP Logged

Here's a different way of looking at it - I only play $1 and $2 on these games, if thejackpot is realy up maybe $3! - but considering the games as a series of number, or each game as five or sic times at bat in a ball game, thus far for Jan (26 days):

Pick 5 - 10 hits of 120 numbers played (24 games) = .080

Pick 6  -  1 hit of 108 numbers played  (9 games) = .009

MM   -    3 hits of 60 numbers played (counting the MM number as just another number) = .050 

Interesting that MM had two more hits than Pick 6, and that with 48 numbers less.

Just thought people here might like to have another way of tracking and use the stats for your own FYI.

I guess mine are right where the lottery wants you to be. 

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10391 Posts
    Posted: January 28, 2007, 1:44 am - IP Logged

I forgot - for those of you who may not know how to figure batting average, it's hits divided by number of at bats, so I'm calling any number hit a hit and the total numbers played the "at bats" (fove for pick 5, 6 for pick 6 and MM) 

Adding tonight's drawing:

0 for 5 in the Pick 5 so now it's

10 hits out of 125 number played =  .080

(Above post was incoorect, 10 for 120 = .083)

Pick 6

1 for 12 tinight so now

2 for 120 = .017

(above should have been .009) 

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.