Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 5:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Exciting Horse Racing on 2/3

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Rick G.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
FEMA Region V Camp #21
United States
Member #520
July 27, 2002
5699 Posts
Posted: January 28, 2007, 2:55 pm - IP Logged

This Saturday Gulfstream Park is going to host a trio of stakes races that feature some top talent.

In the Donn Handicap, Invasor is returning to defend his Horse of the Year honors.  If Premium Tap  is entered, he will provide some competition based on his last races of 2006 but my pick will be Invasor. 

In the Holy Bull Stakes featuring 3 year olds, my early Kentucky Derby favorite, Nobiz Like Showbiz looks to mow down the competition in his first prep for the mint julep contest.  His second fastest workout time of the day at five furlongs this weekend indicates he's ready to run.  My Best Bet of the Day.

In the Canadian Turf Classic, Miesque's Approval appears to be the horse to beat.  But if English Channel is entered, expect some major competition.  English Channel beat the top one by 3/4 length in this same race last year and is being prepped for the Dubai Sheema Classic on March 29th.  He also boasts a very consistent record.  The nod goes to English Channel among these two.

It should be an exciting race card.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

FEMA Region V Camp #21
    United States
    Member #520
    July 27, 2002
    5699 Posts
    Posted: February 2, 2007, 11:51 am - IP Logged

Just checked the entries for tomorrow's races.  Premium Tap and English Channel are not racing, making the choices clear.

Gulfstream Park 2/3

6th race:  # 8 Miesque's Approval (6-5)

7th race:  # 8 Nobiz Like Showbiz (8-5)

9th race:  # 1 Invasor (6-5)

Good luck to the pony players in the house! 

FEMA Region V Camp #21
      United States
      Member #520
      July 27, 2002
      5699 Posts
      Posted: February 2, 2007, 6:44 pm - IP Logged

I've mentioned before on this site that I was a horse player for 20 years before I got into the pick 3.  In fact I used to have a horse racing website.  The pick 3 hasn't been treating me too well the last few years so maybe it's time to get back into the ponies. 

Horse racing has a couple advantages over the lottery...it is not random and the state only takes 17-18% of the win-place-show betting pool as opposed to the 50% that the lottery takes.

Betting increments for the races posted above will be 1-3-6.  That is, $2 to win, $6 to place and $12 to show.   My goal for the year is at least a 20% profit.  Payouts will be based on official track payouts.

I know there's not many horse racing fans on this site, but that's cool.  I'm doing it for myself and anyone else that wants to tag along.

Thanks to Todd for the forum to do this.  Thumbs Up

eddessaknight's avatar - nw paladin.jpg
        LAS VEGAS
        United States
        Member #47729
        November 22, 2006
        4495 Posts
        Posted: February 7, 2007, 5:05 pm - IP Logged

Thanks Rick for sharing the Gulf Stream 'best bets' for 2/3 and interesting that you called two out of the three chalky races above. I just saw the message so I wasn't on them this time but there is always the next time.

When you had your racing web site what was your average ROI? 

Wouldn't you one love to get in the 'Good Vibes' book (AKA Let It Ride- movie) frame of mind ? Smile

Best Wishes for continued success!

eddessaknight

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
          Member #47420
          November 4, 2006
          3930 Posts
          Posted: February 8, 2007, 10:25 am - IP Logged

Your odds at horse racing is a lot better then the odds in lottery..In fact lottery is the worst odds at any gambling......

FEMA Region V Camp #21
            United States
            Member #520
            July 27, 2002
            5699 Posts
            Posted: February 10, 2007, 9:21 am - IP Logged

Thanks Rick for sharing the Gulf Stream 'best bets' for 2/3 and interesting that you called two out of the three chalky races above. I just saw the message so I wasn't on them this time but there is always the next time.

When you had your racing web site what was your average ROI? 

Wouldn't you one love to get in the 'Good Vibes' book (AKA Let It Ride- movie) frame of mind ? Smile

Best Wishes for continued success!

eddessaknight

Eddessaknight,

Sorry it took so long to get back to you...didn't catch your response till now.

I can't remember my ROI from that time...that was about 8 years ago and I was using different methods all the time.  My best win was a $74 win from River Downs.

These picks will all be "chalky" because I'm playing the horse not the horses, if you know what I mean.

Tiggs...you are so right about the odds! 

eddessaknight's avatar - nw paladin.jpg
              LAS VEGAS
              United States
              Member #47729
              November 22, 2006
              4495 Posts
              Posted: February 26, 2007, 10:50 pm - IP Logged

Hey Rick,

Looking for your original recommended unit bets for 1st, 2nd and 3rd that you posted for '2/3'

Thanks,

eddessaknight Smile

FEMA Region V Camp #21
                United States
                Member #520
                July 27, 2002
                5699 Posts
                Posted: February 27, 2007, 10:14 am - IP Logged

Hey Rick,

Looking for your original recommended unit bets for 1st, 2nd and 3rd that you posted for '2/3'

Thanks,

eddessaknight Smile

Eddessaknight, that was for something different I was doing.  But I would have done better money-wise to bet win only.

Now I'm checking out how my top 4 do in the gimmicks and a spot play exacta method.  My goal is to have my top 4 win a superfecta straight.

I've transferred my daily post to my blog.  Today's race (2/27) is listed there. 

Thanks for your interest!  I knew there were other horse players here.