Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 4:55 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Our free info is being harvested and sold

Topic closed. 30 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
FEMA Region V Camp #21
United States
Member #520
July 27, 2002
5699 Posts
Posted: January 31, 2007, 4:29 pm - IP Logged

I just came across a web site selling a pick 3 system for $30.  Turns out it was a system of mine that I've provided on this site for free and also at Maybell's.com seven years ago.

This is why many players on these forums have become quiet in recent years.  Tntea and others have brought this subject up before.  But when you see something of yours for sale and you're not the seller, it hits home.  There can be no legitimate exchange of ideas in a public forum where others can take our free ideas and translate them into their own dot.com profit.

What a shame that greed and lack of personal innovation from some lazy ass leads to a standstill  in progress for the multitude.

I will follow up with this pending communication with the seller. 

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

lotterybraker's avatar - pyramid
    mississippi
    United States
    Member #34478
    March 3, 2006
    5903 Posts
    Posted: January 31, 2007, 5:24 pm - IP Logged

That is pretty sorry Rick...maybe you can take some kind of legal action..although I am not a lawyer so I dont really know..

"Attention all Mathematicians: Check your degree at the door because when it comes to whole numbers you are the Amateur"

FEMA Region V Camp #21
      United States
      Member #520
      July 27, 2002
      5699 Posts
      Posted: January 31, 2007, 5:57 pm - IP Logged

That is pretty sorry Rick...maybe you can take some kind of legal action..although I am not a lawyer so I dont really know..

No lotterybreaker, it's nothing like that.  It's just an adaptation of Power Trails (by member Bob P. aka Robert Perkis from lotto-logix.com)

Bob has free and great information on that site.  LARRY G and I traded ideas on the Power Trails premise and our applications of it.  The same $30 system can be obtained for free through Bob's site and the addendum he added from Rick G.

This person has taken a free idea and is trying to make money off of it.  There is no copyright on ideas exchanged in a public forum.  As always my kudos go to Bob P for presenting his free info and ideas on his site.  LARRY G and I have had a lot of fun with the Power Trails concept.

My objection is for this unknown person selling a "system" for $30 that we can all get for free from lotto-logix.com.

As I said before, I will follow up with that site info after I've talked to the owner.  I want my "discovery fee" back.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23273 Posts
        Posted: January 31, 2007, 6:01 pm - IP Logged

Hey Rick,

I hear you. I can say without hesitation that as the originator of several dozen innovations myself, that people have mercilessly stolen ideas I have posted here at Lottery Post for the last seven years.

I have posted many messages on the subject, and it still bothers me that there are people out there who would stoop to those depths, and have that little creativity themselves.

Every time I have posted about it, everyone says "don't worry about it."

I could have given up on providing innovative, free ideas a long time ago, but then everyone here would have a pretty boring site.

I'm not sure changing your actions based upon what one jerk does is the answer.

BTW, there is at least one member of Lottery Post who makes it a habit of taking systems posted here and posting them on his web site. People know this and seem to be very passive about it.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
          Dump Water Florida
          United States
          Member #380
          June 5, 2002
          3104 Posts
          Posted: January 31, 2007, 6:13 pm - IP Logged

No lotterybreaker, it's nothing like that.  It's just an adaptation of Power Trails (by member Bob P. aka Robert Perkis from lotto-logix.com)

Bob has free and great information on that site.  LARRY G and I traded ideas on the Power Trails premise and our applications of it.  The same $30 system can be obtained for free through Bob's site and the addendum he added from Rick G.

This person has taken a free idea and is trying to make money off of it.  There is no copyright on ideas exchanged in a public forum.  As always my kudos go to Bob P for presenting his free info and ideas on his site.  LARRY G and I have had a lot of fun with the Power Trails concept.

My objection is for this unknown person selling a "system" for $30 that we can all get for free from lotto-logix.com.

As I said before, I will follow up with that site info after I've talked to the owner.  I want my "discovery fee" back.

It's expensive to go after people selling what we give away free and it's hard to show how we were harmed since we didn't lose anything in the process.  It is hardly worth paying thousands of dollars in attorney fees that won't be recovered.  I do feel sorry for the people who pay hard earned money for free information.

The more people we bring to LotteryPost the fewer victims. I just wish there was a way to identify the system before buying it. 

I don't have a big problem with someone posting information from public forums on a web site if the purpose is to preserve it and there is no charge to read it.  People using our hard work to make money for themselves isn't right. 

What would be really cool would be to work the 2in8 system into PowerTrails, that would be something. 

BobP

FEMA Region V Camp #21
            United States
            Member #520
            July 27, 2002
            5699 Posts
            Posted: January 31, 2007, 6:36 pm - IP Logged

It's expensive to go after people selling what we give away free and it's hard to show how we were harmed since we didn't lose anything in the process.  It is hardly worth paying thousands of dollars in attorney fees that won't be recovered.  I do feel sorry for the people who pay hard earned money for free information.

The more people we bring to LotteryPost the fewer victims. I just wish there was a way to identify the system before buying it. 

I don't have a big problem with someone posting information from public forums on a web site if the purpose is to preserve it and there is no charge to read it.  People using our hard work to make money for themselves isn't right. 

What would be really cool would be to work the 2in8 system into PowerTrails, that would be something. 

BobP

Bob, I think that I had you in mind with my original post.  You must get frustrated that what you offer for free is being sold elsewhere.

But with that being said, it doesn't take away from your contribution to the lottery community and I will always sing your praises, because lotto-logix is where I got my start and Power Trails was my breast milk. 

Cheers

Fellow members, do not pay $30 to uwinpick3.........dot.....kom when you can get the same system for free at Bob's site...lotto-logix.com.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
              Zeta Reticuli Star System
              United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10351 Posts
              Posted: January 31, 2007, 6:37 pm - IP Logged

I hate to say it, but you almost have top expect this kind of thing.  

Just as an FYI, of everything that can be sold mail order, information on gambling is the most likely to result in the seller being sent a bad check. The people that do that not only want top beat the house, they want to beat the person with their information out of their money, too.

They are the kind opf people that find valid info and claim it, and attempt to sell it, as their own, too. 

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
                Michigan
                United States
                Member #22395
                September 24, 2005
                1583 Posts
                Posted: January 31, 2007, 6:50 pm - IP Logged

"BTW, there is at least one member of Lottery Post who makes it a habit of taking systems posted here and posting them on his web site. People know this and seem to be very passive about it."

The member seems like a  "nice" person but I always felt perhaps that account should be closed.  As well as a couple others for borrowing money from other members.

Do you have some pro-active advice?  Should we take what he posts here and post it elsewhere?  Bet he doesn't care. 

JAP69's avatar - alas
                  South Carolina
                  United States
                  Member #6
                  November 4, 2001
                  8790 Posts
                  Posted: January 31, 2007, 6:54 pm - IP Logged

HUUHHHHHHHHHH

Stealin Ideas. P***ed

MAGA

NBey6's avatar - pyramid
                    $$ Notaphilist $$

United States
                    Member #4290
                    April 9, 2004
                    16472 Posts
                    Posted: January 31, 2007, 6:58 pm - IP Logged

That's why my prized systems that I use, will never be disclosed. No No I will continue to come up with ideas and some I will share, because I believe in giving, but some I will never share for that reason alone.

I am a money magnet. 

Clover Thumbs Up 

United States
                      Member #33085
                      February 18, 2006
                      743 Posts
                      Posted: January 31, 2007, 7:01 pm - IP Logged

Welcome to America yall.

FEMA Region V Camp #21
                        United States
                        Member #520
                        July 27, 2002
                        5699 Posts
                        Posted: January 31, 2007, 7:03 pm - IP Logged

Hey Rick,

I hear you. I can say without hesitation that as the originator of several dozen innovations myself, that people have mercilessly stolen ideas I have posted here at Lottery Post for the last seven years.

I have posted many messages on the subject, and it still bothers me that there are people out there who would stoop to those depths, and have that little creativity themselves.

Every time I have posted about it, everyone says "don't worry about it."

I could have given up on providing innovative, free ideas a long time ago, but then everyone here would have a pretty boring site.

I'm not sure changing your actions based upon what one jerk does is the answer.

BTW, there is at least one member of Lottery Post who makes it a habit of taking systems posted here and posting them on his web site. People know this and seem to be very passive about it.

Todd,

I would have to give you the same encouragement as I gave to Bob.  Your ideas are being stolen all the time but that takes nothing away from you as the originator of the ideas or the excellent web site you provide.

You type of guys keep us going in the game regardless of the wannabes.

BTW, I know who you are referring to in your last sentence.  Fortunately he always sees the need to throw his curveball in there rendering the original system useless. 

Big Grin

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
                          Beautiful Florida
                          United States
                          Member #5709
                          July 18, 2004
                          20117 Posts
                          Posted: January 31, 2007, 7:09 pm - IP Logged

I just came across a web site selling a pick 3 system for $30.  Turns out it was a system of mine that I've provided on this site for free and also at Maybell's.com seven years ago.

This is why many players on these forums have become quiet in recent years.  Tntea and others have brought this subject up before.  But when you see something of yours for sale and you're not the seller, it hits home.  There can be no legitimate exchange of ideas in a public forum where others can take our free ideas and translate them into their own dot.com profit.

What a shame that greed and lack of personal innovation from some lazy ass leads to a standstill  in progress for the multitude.

I will follow up with this pending communication with the seller. 

Rick, you're absolutely correct in your quotes of how low these people are. Well, two can play the same game right? beat them at their own game and expose  them for who they are...!

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
                            Member #14
                            November 9, 2001
                            31358 Posts
                            Posted: January 31, 2007, 7:42 pm - IP Logged

Rick, you're absolutely correct in your quotes of how low these people are. Well, two can play the same game right? beat them at their own game and expose  them for who they are...!

Agree.  expose them.

love to nibble those micey feet.

stavros's avatar - avatar 6898.gif
                              Florida
                              United States
                              Member #6147
                              August 8, 2004
                              1396 Posts
                              Posted: January 31, 2007, 7:44 pm - IP Logged

I Agree!  and, bar them from the site.

Good Luck!

Stavros