Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

distribution of instant game tickets

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 10 years ago by duckman.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #13801
April 14, 2005
48 Posts
Posted: February 2, 2007, 2:01 am - IP Logged

Does anyone know how the winning tickets are distributed by the lottery?

Are they randomly sent out to the retailers or do the people at the lottery specifically decide where the winning tickets are sold?

United States
    Member #13801
    April 14, 2005
    48 Posts
    Posted: February 2, 2007, 6:58 pm - IP Logged

I found a little bit of information from this article

"Because tickets are printed randomly, lottery officials do not know where those winning tickets might have been sold, or whether they were sold at all."

Anyone here have more information on the "instant games"?  I guess I'm just curious about how all this works, because I don't want to throw money away on scratch-offs if the games aren't really random.  I've played jackpot games for a while, but I may start buying scratch-offs, too.

duckman's avatar - ducklogodrake64x64
      Jacksonville Florida
      United States
      Member #23018
      October 6, 2005
      918 Posts
      Posted: February 6, 2007, 6:13 pm - IP Logged

Most lower value scratch off ticket winners are distributed evenly. Each book of tickets will usually guarantee a certain amount of lower tier winners in a book of tickets (based on the payback percentage). In each collection or group of book sets (a certain number of books of tickets) the larger prizes are distributed evenly among the collections or groups of books sets. For example, one $100 winner would be distributed among 10 books of tickets (this is just an example, the numbers and dollar amount will vary depending on the game).