Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 9:28 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

No better example

Topic closed. 1 reply. Last post 10 years ago by tiggs95.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10348 Posts
Posted: February 6, 2007, 7:59 pm - IP Logged

My wife and I play Mega Millions with a long time friend of hers.

He owns a heating shop and has several employees and people in and out of there all the time.

Every time lotto comes up and he asks who wants to go in on a ticket, we get the "better chances of being struck by lightning" song and dance. (I've posted up to this part before).

So I try and convince him that if he ever did hit, the very same people would be saying, "You should have asked me, you know I'd be good for a buck, her's the buck, cut me in." 

I've finally got him convinced that we should both play the same ticket, that way if we do 'get struck by lightning', we each cash our own ticket and anyone else he wants to cut in is his business (and will come out of his share - he has a large family for one, and knows a lot of people for another). 

So today we drop by to see him and another guy was there. We were explaining to the guy why we've started playing the same ticket- and the guy, this @#$% guy, points at us, counts ,"One, two, three, and I make four", pulls a quarter out of his pocket, and says, "I want in on that ticket."

So that guy left and I just looked at my wife's friend and said, "Let that be a lesson to you."

Bang Head

When it comes to lotto, everyone's a savage-

Coin Toss 

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
    Member #47420
    November 4, 2006
    3930 Posts
    Posted: February 6, 2007, 9:21 pm - IP Logged

I never and will never ask anyone to give me any money towards a lotto ticket..And if I hit no one will know it's me..I have read to many horror storie's of people who hit and brag about it..You can always buy new friend's....You don't change the people around you change..