Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 8:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

1 Million Cash Spectacular in virginia

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Bunker.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Virginia
United States
Member #49667
February 10, 2007
5 Posts
Posted: February 12, 2007, 12:06 am - IP Logged

hello all i am relatively new to this site and i have some questions.  so i have been playing some scratchers in virginia where i live, mostly 1 and 2 dollar ones like blackjack and win for life and such.  but i came across a 20 dollar scratcher called the 1 million cash spectacular in virginia.  no there are 3 top prizes left.  well the other night i played some 1 and 2 dollar scratchers and won like 60 bucks all together off of like 4 scratchers...pretty lucky so i thought i would try a 20 dollar one tonight.  well i bought one and bam won 20 bucks.  got another one and won 20 bucks again. then i got another and won nothing.   now i notice that they are about to run out of them.  is this the time that i should be buying a lil more ?  i heard that the big winners are towards the end of the  roll and such.  when i get my federal return tomorrow i am thinking about buying 2 of them.   be this a wise decision, 40 bucks for 2 scratchers?  thanks

Litebets27's avatar - power
    Maryland
    United States
    Member #10465
    January 14, 2005
    6065 Posts
    Posted: February 12, 2007, 12:26 am - IP Logged

My advice to you is to look at the back of the ticket and look at the information about the odds of winning in that game. It usually reads as follows: 1 in 3.68

If the numbers are around or below 1 in 3.50, it's a good bet. The best are around 1 in 2.89 which many of your higher priced tickets will be between the 2.90-3.70.

Welcome to the site and good luck with the scratch-offs.

litebets

Feeling,  PRICELESS!!!Banana

Come on Jackpot!!!

Virginia
      United States
      Member #49667
      February 10, 2007
      5 Posts
      Posted: February 12, 2007, 12:31 am - IP Logged

yeah at the bottom of the ticket it says "chances of winning any prize is 1:2.92" or close to that. so if i bought 3 tickets, i would probably have a better chance of winning something right...2.92.

Canada
        Member #47080
        October 18, 2006
        10 Posts
        Posted: February 14, 2007, 12:17 am - IP Logged

I find the info on the Odd's ratio to be very misleading for instance a $3 Super Bingo has the odds of the 2.89 crapola and the $1 Bingo has the odd's of 3.14 or somthing but the $1 Bingo seems to give me way more winners then the SUper Bingo 3 buck ticket that says less odd's how the hell does that make sense.  My mom one time bought  around 6 or 7 Super bingo's and won on two of them thats all .

Whats with the Odd's info? It seems miss leading alot