Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 8:36 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

anyone thought of this:ScratchOffs Syndicate

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Bunker.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: February 12, 2007, 11:30 pm - IP Logged

I was reading this article about lottery winners sharing their secrets: http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/news/10913133/detail.html#

And it had me thinking, I don't think anyone has thought of this..Why don't they do Scratch-Offs Sindicate/grouping...I think they would be better off instead of going after 170 million combinations/odds like Powerball & MegaMillions..If you read the article they tell you that some rolls cost 300 dollars..If you divide 300 dollars between 20 or 30 persons it becomes 10 or 15 dollars each..That way you all can afford to buy several Scratch-Offs games rolls...And i believe that you would get something back (not like Powerball that one normally doesn't get nothing)...A roll contains several small prizes that would give you some of your money back..And they got some rolls that have more payouts than others...

If you are going to set up a ScratchOff sindicate make from 20 to 30 individuals..No more no less people...You then record what games/Scratchoffs you have bought and you then go for the ones you haven't bought and the retailers (or gas stations) you haven't gone to..

Please let me know what you think..

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19816 Posts
    Posted: February 13, 2007, 12:24 am - IP Logged

Locally an independent gas station ran a fish bowl pool.  Its customer would buy $1 scratch-offs, write their names on them and throw them into a fish bowl.  Every Saturday there was a drawing and the person whose name was drawn from the fish bowl won 400-500 tickets.  It all ended when someone caught one of the workers taking out some tickets for himself.

I've never trusted scratch-off games since I read about the Indiana lottery security person sending his friends to a store to buy a roll of tickets that he knew had a million dollar winner on it.  For security reason, the amount and locations of winning tickets can be known by someone regardless of what lottery people will tell you.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Canada
      Member #47080
      October 18, 2006
      10 Posts
      Posted: February 13, 2007, 11:42 pm - IP Logged

Yeah its a great idea ,One that I thought about for a while, You here people going in on the Powerball crapola all the time but why dont anyone do that strategy on a game that has way bettter odds like instant scratch tickets?

I was gonna post on here a while back if 20 people on here wanted to do such a thing but paying over the net is a little scary as the Trust factor is not as much as in real life, But im always trying to get people to play with me in other scratch ticket's..

Alot of people are greedy and they would feel that if they split on a three dollar of 5 dollart ticket and one say 5000 dollars they would feel bad that they didnt just buy the ticket buy them selves . Im not like that if I split a 4 dollar ticket with someone and we won 50 bucks im more then happy that i made 25 bucks as some other people would whine in there head about having to split it even..

The way I see it is when ya play scratch tickets you doing the same thing as buying a lottery powerball type ticket except that the scratch has way better odd's then the other one... So why not bring down the cost of the scratch ticket and play with others buy splitting it, The lottery makes more money that way buy selling way more tickets in one day as opposed do single players just playing maybe 5 or 10 bucks or less a week...

Anyway great post Id love to find a great Scratch group of 20 or 30 people and would not mind putting ten bucks everyweek to that..