Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 8:11 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

NY finally getting MM subscriptions?

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 10 years ago by JAG331.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #379
June 5, 2002
11296 Posts
Posted: February 15, 2007, 1:47 pm - IP Logged

This week, I saw a printout of the Mega Millions numbers, and the number of winners in each category in NY state. Also, there was an asterisk, and below, it said that the number of winners did not include NY subscription winners.

For years the only NY lottery game available via mail has been NY Blotto (in the 1990s you could briefly play Take Five this way, when it was twice a week; soon after T5 went to four weekly drawings, and subscription play ended).

MM has long since surpassed NY Blotto in sales; other MM states have play-by-mail, so you have to wonder why NY has not given players this option. I wonder if NY has refused to offer MM subscriptions to encourage people to play the World's Biggest Ripoff™ instead.

PS-Blotto Extra begins in two weeks (3/1).

United States
    Member #379
    June 5, 2002
    11296 Posts
    Posted: February 15, 2007, 1:56 pm - IP Logged

This week, I saw a printout of the Mega Millions numbers, and the number of winners in each category in NY state. Also, there was an asterisk, and below, it said that the number of winners did not include NY subscription winners.

For years the only NY lottery game available via mail has been NY Blotto (in the 1990s you could briefly play Take Five this way, when it was twice a week; soon after T5 went to four weekly drawings, and subscription play ended).

MM has long since surpassed NY Blotto in sales; other MM states have play-by-mail, so you have to wonder why NY has not given players this option. I wonder if NY has refused to offer MM subscriptions to encourage people to play the World's Biggest Ripoff™ instead.

PS-Blotto Extra begins in two weeks (3/1).

UPDATE-you now can indeed play Mega Millions by subscription in NY state. For some reason the NY Lottery does not seem to promote this; how long it's been available I don't know. The NY Lottery website allows you to print a subscription form; I have no idea if you can pick one up at a lottery agent.

The main page mentions NY Blotto subscriptions only. They need to update this.

Greenwich, CT
      United States
      Member #4793
      May 24, 2004
      1822 Posts
      Posted: February 16, 2007, 3:55 pm - IP Logged

Interesting.  I'll never use the subscription service since I don't have lucky numbers and I always pick fresh numbers for each drawing.