Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:14 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Playing Mega Millions

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Just6ntlc.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Ohio
United States
Member #48929
January 14, 2007
2 Posts
Posted: February 20, 2007, 3:08 am - IP Logged

Hello,I have been visiting Lottery Post now for a little over a month or two. I don't remember how I got here maybe it was thru USAMega. I wish I had more time to read everyday. I just cannot find the time. If it is possible, I was wondering if I could get some advice for some of you or maybe your thoughts. I am involved with a group of people from work who play the Mega Millions faithfully twice a week. We started out as a few and have grown to 16 players. We play $48 worth of numbers on Tuesdays and $48 on Fridays. Each draw $8 is used for the optional kicker. I believe that all the numbers were initially quick picks, remember it only started as about $16 total for both draws. We figured we would play the same numbers again and again. As we grew we continued to play the numbers we had plus any new quick picks. Now it's been a little over a year of player the same set of numbers the only thing that changes each draw is the kicker. The kicker for those who do not know, is a computer generated 6 digit number that has to be matched from left to right exactly to win its jackpot (100,000) smaller prizes are awarded for only having the first 2 digits up to the 5th number. Basically we have a set of 40 numbers played twice a week. The best we ever had was 4 out of five with no mega ball. We won $150. We have had a bunch of smaller wins and maybe $100 one time with the Kicker.We have talked about playing quick picks each time from now on or everyone choosing numbers. But, You see, playing the same set of 40 numbers faithfully regardless of the jackpot amount for more than a year now scares most of us all to think that if we decide to change what we've been doing and one of the sets hits we would be feeling like .................. well you could fill in how you think we would feel. So after all that, I hope I didn't drag it out and bore some of you. Hopefully it made sense. What would some of you do?  I thought I would add that, we play in the state of Ohio and work together in a warehouse. 

Rollin Thunder

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23260 Posts
    Posted: February 20, 2007, 7:00 am - IP Logged

<Moved to Jackpot Games forum>

Please post in the appropriate forum ... thank you.

Greenwich, CT
      United States
      Member #4793
      May 24, 2004
      1822 Posts
      Posted: February 20, 2007, 12:28 pm - IP Logged

First off, Welcome to Lotterypost!

Yes, I would feel very nervous about switching my numbers around.  Maybe when new people join, or if you wanted everyone to contribute $4 instead of $3, you could have everyone pick a set of their favorite numbers, just to spice it up.

twisted's avatar - underground
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #2376
        September 25, 2003
        582 Posts
        Posted: February 20, 2007, 12:39 pm - IP Logged

I think it comes down to everyone in the group sitting down and agreeing on what to do.  If everyone agrees to stick with the same numbers, then be it.  But if everyone agrees to switch and if the numbers you played before happen to be drawn then it wasn't really meant to be (and no one can complain because everyone agreed to switch).  The thing is that the old "what if" question will always be there.  If you continue to stick with the same numbers and don't win then some members of your group may ask the question that "what if" we had switched?  If you switch, and the old numbers are drawn then some members will say "what if" we had stuck with them.  Thats the problem with big groups.  Someone will always be unsatisfied.

I say just make a decision (to stick with old numbers or not) and live with the consequences. 

md
          United States
          Member #14047
          April 20, 2005
          579 Posts
          Posted: February 21, 2007, 8:49 am - IP Logged

I think it comes down to everyone in the group sitting down and agreeing on what to do.  If everyone agrees to stick with the same numbers, then be it.  But if everyone agrees to switch and if the numbers you played before happen to be drawn then it wasn't really meant to be (and no one can complain because everyone agreed to switch).  The thing is that the old "what if" question will always be there.  If you continue to stick with the same numbers and don't win then some members of your group may ask the question that "what if" we had switched?  If you switch, and the old numbers are drawn then some members will say "what if" we had stuck with them.  Thats the problem with big groups.  Someone will always be unsatisfied.

I say just make a decision (to stick with old numbers or not) and live with the consequences. 

Ditto

Ohio
            United States
            Member #48929
            January 14, 2007
            2 Posts
            Posted: February 21, 2007, 11:22 am - IP Logged

Hello,

I am sorry that I did not originally post this in the proper area. This was my first  post. Thank you for your feed back so far eveyone.

Rollin Thunder

United States
              Member #34266
              March 1, 2006
              188 Posts
              Posted: February 21, 2007, 11:46 am - IP Logged

I had been playing the same mm number for  4 years, I stopped two years ago and the number has never come up.

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
                A long and winding road
                United States
                Member #17084
                June 10, 2005
                4523 Posts
                Posted: February 21, 2007, 6:39 pm - IP Logged

My grand daddy used to say that if you do change your ways, you may find that the ways are sure to change ya! So changing your method just might be the trick to win.

On a side note I'd advise that you limit the number of players as it dwindles the allotment winnings to a level that isnt inticing. Ours is maxed at six participants and more often then not we break even or gain on a  quarterly basis. We put 50% of our winnings into a dinner club, where once a year we go out and have a lovely dinner, paid for by our winnings :)

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

Thanks be to the giving numbers: 1621,912,119 02014

United States
                  Member #16612
                  June 2, 2005
                  3493 Posts
                  Posted: February 26, 2007, 7:52 pm - IP Logged

I rarely play MM. I usually average $1 per draw when MM jackpot increases its size. I hope MM continues to roll until one jackpot winner claims a jackpot that is 365+ million [26 Payments].