Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 10:18 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How to search old post ? Display #

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 10 years ago by WIN D.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
Stone Mountain*Georgia
United States
Member #828
November 2, 2002
10491 Posts
Posted: February 21, 2007, 9:25 am - IP Logged

Trying to search old post ....in general no specific subject.... 

When the post are displayed they are done several pages at a time slowly going backward in time...but not all post yes?

If you wanted to go directly to the first post someone ever did ....or say the 10th. post ..... and work forward... could you ? Without a specific subject etc.   Thanks

Went to help section first ..... did i miss it?

Germans have a saying... " He has a board in front of his face"  Sometimes it feels like i have a whole lumber yard in front of my face.  Normally this happens to me on Mondays .....not Wednesdays. LOL  

The only real failure .....is the failure to try.                               

Luck is a very rare thing....... Odds not so much. 

Odds never change .....but probability does. 

Win d    

four4me's avatar - gate1
    MD
    United States
    Member #1701
    June 18, 2003
    8363 Posts
    Posted: February 21, 2007, 11:17 am - IP Logged

Win D you used to be able to do it but now with the new format it doesn't seem like it's an easy task. one would have to click thru many pages to get to your first post.

Whenever you have a question about something of this nature it wouldn't hurt to pm Todd about it. With a few key strokes of his magic touch he could fix it so we could view any post that someone has posted.

Todd doesn't read every post on the forum. So he may or not see this.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.
      Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
      Chief Bottle Washer
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #1
      May 31, 2000
      23273 Posts
      Posted: February 21, 2007, 1:36 pm - IP Logged

Win D you used to be able to do it but now with the new format it doesn't seem like it's an easy task. one would have to click thru many pages to get to your first post.

Whenever you have a question about something of this nature it wouldn't hurt to pm Todd about it. With a few key strokes of his magic touch he could fix it so we could view any post that someone has posted.

Todd doesn't read every post on the forum. So he may or not see this.

There are certain people who refuse to send me a PM, I guess because they are so bent out of shape by something I have done in the past that they can't bring themselves to personally ask for help.

Win D has read my posts many times about how I answer help requests thru PMs, just like tntea knew it when she posted a message indirectly asking for help on the forums yesterday.

Both of these members know better.  They have been around for years, gaining great benefit from my labors, but not having the common courtesy to suck it up and try to get along.  That's why I rarely even acknowledge the presence of these forum posts.  I understand the attitude from whence it comes.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
      What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
      Help eliminate computerized drawings!

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
        Stone Mountain*Georgia
        United States
        Member #828
        November 2, 2002
        10491 Posts
        Posted: February 23, 2007, 10:57 am - IP Logged

There are certain people who refuse to send me a PM, I guess because they are so bent out of shape by something I have done in the past that they can't bring themselves to personally ask for help.

Win D has read my posts many times about how I answer help requests thru PMs, just like tntea knew it when she posted a message indirectly asking for help on the forums yesterday.

Both of these members know better.  They have been around for years, gaining great benefit from my labors, but not having the common courtesy to suck it up and try to get along.  That's why I rarely even acknowledge the presence of these forum posts.  I understand the attitude from whence it comes.

OH No......

Improper posting again. Crap!  I admit it. This is not the first time this has happened .....and it's just one of hundreds of important things I've missed or forgotten to do here lately. 

It's been a struggle to remember all the things I need remember to do. As a matter of fact thats one of the things I'm taking care of today with American Express. I'm writing them a letter hoping to get that straight and searching for a way to make it up to them as well. I think I've come up with a really great idea to make it up to them. It's idea about their billing systems....  Well, heck let me just show you the idea and the letter I'm sending to them. See if you think they will like it.

Dear Sir or Madam ...

I have been an American Express card member, off and on, since 1999. I say "off and on"  because American Express has twice terminated my card member account because of lack of payment.

You might remember receiving my letters after my account was terminated ..... I pointed out that I was very busy and paid the bill eventually. It’s not that I was spending exorbitantly and bouncing checks all over the place....... it was that I was travelling and otherwise very busy and not able to focus my energy on things like paying my bills ...... feeding my tiger fish (Charlie),    or doing laundry.

You guys aren’t very understanding........ are you  ?

Anyway......... I just had a great idea...... you should add a scent to the invoice envelope. A special smell would really help... This is a great idea! 

Since you even send return envelopes even with a zero balance, I’m sure you go through scads of envelopes......and it must cost only pennies to add a bit of fragrance to each envelope in such quantities. If you made the envelopes smell like tuna, or stale beer, or rotting pizza..... I’d eventualy notice that the bill was lying on my desk, unpaid, and I’d be quite motivated to send it out. 

I hope you give my idea the consideration it deserves. By the way, let’s let bygones be bygones . 

Regards ,,,,,, 

Good huh? If they can't see their way to try this then.... I just don't know what else to do for them. 

Well .....anyway I have thought long and hard about how to make good on the improper posting deal Todd. I know Stone Mountain is a long way from New Jersey but...  If there is a and way.... any way at all..... hope you consider this..... .  

I joined a bowling league last fall and I have a lot of fun bowling with my friends.      Renting bowling shoes costs ....... $1.25 each night so I bought my own shoes to save some money. Even though they cost almost $32....... I will end up saving $5 through the whole season because I don't have to pay the rental fee anymore.

Maybe I will invest the money in a retirement fund because the government has so completely screwed up the    Social Security Program I might not otherwise have money for my retirement.

HECK..... I have my own ball. It is gray and weighs 14 pounds and has my name   "Chaz "  written on  it.    I asked the man at the bowling alley to put ....."Tarzan" on it because all of my friends call me "Tarzan", but he forgot or something and just put "CHAZ" on it.

Anyway, I wanted to Post this ........ so I could know if you like to go bowling with me. It is great fun. I bowled a 179 game last week. It was my best game for a little while. Last season I bowled a 206. I hope I can bowl in my league again that well this year. Maybe if you have time you really should . Since you need four people for a team, maybe you could ask Tntea  and some other friend to go. If you asked Tntea to go..... too, she would probably have fun with you and be flattered that you thought of her when you wanted to go out and have some fun.

Well,   I know you are busy running LP .... and all so I will say good-bye.    I hope you have time to go bowling soon, though. You could probably use the break since you are so busy all of the time.

Sincerely..... Happy Friday !! , 

Win  d

Win d    

Chief Bottle Washer
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #1
          May 31, 2000
          23273 Posts
          Posted: February 23, 2007, 3:54 pm - IP Logged

You need help.

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
            Stone Mountain*Georgia
            United States
            Member #828
            November 2, 2002
            10491 Posts
            Posted: February 23, 2007, 4:25 pm - IP Logged

You need help.

So much for the healing power of laughter!

At least I made the effort.   A big effort I might add.  

Originally .... I had thought of a different way to handle this..... but then you would have had to move it over to the "Suggestion forum" .    LOL

Win d    

Chief Bottle Washer
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #1
              May 31, 2000
              23273 Posts
              Posted: February 23, 2007, 7:21 pm - IP Logged

So much for the healing power of laughter!

At least I made the effort.   A big effort I might add.  

Originally .... I had thought of a different way to handle this..... but then you would have had to move it over to the "Suggestion forum" .    LOL

Sorry, I guess I missed the joke, I don't get it.

This is a really weird about your so-called "effort".  The only big effort I see you making is incredible stubbornness in not approaching help on this site like I have requested.  You have seen many multiple messages from me -- even in this thread too -- about sending me PMs with help requests, rather than cluttering up the lottery-related forums with help requests.

Do you really think that your PC problems are so important to everyone else?  Do you think someone looking for Pick 3 numbers should have to read your PC problem?

You would rather spend a half-hour, or whatever it took, writing up some huge long "joke" rather than submitting a help request through PM, and not cluttering up the forums with it.

I did not create a forum called "technical help".  Instead I said "send technical help requests to me through PM."

You know this perfectly well, but because YOU personally feel that you don't like doing things that way that you're just going to post it on the forums anyway, because... because what?  I can't comprehend stubbornness of that magnitude.

And funny that you mentioned the other incredibly stupid rule that I have here.  I actually want people to post their suggestions to .... the Suggestions forum.  How stupid I am to insist on that!!

I would rather not waste any more time explaining these same two topics ad nauseum.  I've made the simple guidelines for help and suggestions very clear, so you know what to do if you want either of those things.

WIN  D's avatar - q05Q0
                Stone Mountain*Georgia
                United States
                Member #828
                November 2, 2002
                10491 Posts
                Posted: February 23, 2007, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

You say you don't get the joke....?  Well, some would say that they were more like a humorous story lines... rather than a "joke" ...as you put it, not me.  

You say ...you don't get it?

If you seriously don't see the humor in suggesting  Pizza scented" envelopes to American Express as a way to expedite their credit card payments.......  then that is seriously creepy!  

But ..... I'll take you at your word for that.  

Those thin attempts at humor were in order to avoid a direct confrontation on the insults and accusations contained in your gratuitous post which started off with you saying..... " I guess"  That part of your post was your only correct assumption. Yes ,the humor was what is called Non Sequitur for a reason.    

If someone painted you with accusations such as stubborn, unforgiving ..... vindictive ......and now ....humorless .... Well, I just don't think you would have attempted to assuage your anger with any "Humor." 

You said ....they have been around for years... and in all those years I have been to the Mystical Forum no more than 5 or 10 times.  Very ...Very seldom do I go to any forums outside ...P-3.... Systems and Math. Not...Discussion Forum ...at most rare.  Yes,a member for years is right and ......       

I have never seen a post from you ....ever .... that instructs anyone to send you ....and you alone... all questions regarding help. I don't care if its up in flashing lights somewhere.... I've never seen the damn thing. 

If it's such a Paramount Absolute thing.... It should be the first instruction in the "Help Forum" for everyone to see. That's where I went first. Wouldn't that make sense?  God help any other members that make the same mistake. 

This is not a work place ......  I am retired !  

This is supposed to be fun and entertainment..... not a public indignity.    All the Years

You probably don't remember this ....but I also made a request of you once before as well. I requested that you also contact me in Private ..... through a PM anytime you felt the need to be terse ... instructive ...or beat your chest !         

Win d