Welcome Guest
You last visited December 2, 2016, 2:44 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Playing With Numbers

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 10 years ago by justxploring.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
justxploring's avatar - villiarna
Wandering Aimlessly
United States
Member #25360
November 5, 2005
4461 Posts
Posted: February 21, 2007, 2:53 pm - IP Logged

One day I mentioned that the number 18 appeared in most of the Florida winning combinations for that period (Lotto, MegaMoney, Fant5) and that the pick-3 the numbers totaled 18. 

Last night I checked MegaMoney (nobody hit the $2M jackpot) and saw these numbers.

4-12-43-44 MB 16
$2 Million

Notice how dominant the number 4 is here.  What I mean is that the first number is 4 and another number is 44.  The Megaball is 16 which is 4 squared (4 x 4)

That, of course, might look like a small coincidence.  Now look at the second number, 12.  12 is divisible by the number 4.  So if you take 4 into 12, you come up with 3 and the next number after 12 is 43.  Maybe this means nothing at all, but I do this all the time when I'm staring at numbers!  Unfortunately, I haven't been able to visualize the winning numbers before the drawings quite as well.  Maybe I should give it a try? 

Thinking of...

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10344 Posts
    Posted: February 21, 2007, 7:56 pm - IP Logged

Not sure about lottery frequency of the number 4 but it has very bad connotations in Asian cultures. 

In the U.S. some hotels have no 13th floor, in Asia, it's no 4th floor....

Hmmm  1 + 3 = 4

In Chineses, 1, 2, 3, 4, is il, i, sam , sa

sa is also the word for death or die......

In Japan, presents are never given in sets of 4......

From a previous post:

Intersting tidbit about the number 42.

In Japanese, four-two is pronounced shi-ni, meaning "you die". Many Asian langiages have their roots in Chinese and some use the Chinese pronounciation for numbers.

One driver decided to bet the 4 - 2 jinx in the Japanese Grand Prix. His car disappeared during the race. A year later at the next Japanese Grand Prix, the officials all reported seeing a car with the number 4- 2 on it in the race, but it never finished.

Despite all this, let's "build " a ticket..so far we have 18, 4, 42.... only three to go! Research guys, research! We'll call it "the forbidden numbers" ticket and split a nive jackpot!

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Wandering Aimlessly
      United States
      Member #25360
      November 5, 2005
      4461 Posts
      Posted: February 22, 2007, 1:08 pm - IP Logged

You have lots of fascinating information.  I can hear the theme from Twilight Zone playing in the background as I am reading your post.

I was actually tempted to play a group with 4 and 42 last night, but decided not to go out, so I guess my yen wasn't strong enough.

LOL

Edit:  Coin Toss!!  Look at Wed picks for Florida!  Pick-3  /  0-4-2

Pick 4  /    4-2-2-5 

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10344 Posts
        Posted: February 22, 2007, 2:08 pm - IP Logged

There's a passage in the Bible about "you might be entertaining angels unawares" - I wonder if something like this is part of that entertainment - like we're really keeping beings in the heavens entertained with stuff like this!

One angel to another-

"They've figured out tonight's numbers, but betcha they won't play them!"

Green laugh

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Wandering Aimlessly
          United States
          Member #25360
          November 5, 2005
          4461 Posts
          Posted: February 22, 2007, 3:07 pm - IP Logged

YES!!!!  They are playing with us.  ("Man makes plans and God laughs.") 

Look at the time logged for your post.  The pick-3 and pick4 drawings are at 7:58.  I read your post and thought about trying my luck at pick 3, but it was being drawn as your post was logged!  In FL the pick-3 drawing is at 7:58.

42 is actually a lucky number for me.  6 is my lucky number (well it was once when I was a child and I haven't let that go) and 4+2=6, so I use combinations to total 6.  The pick 3 was 0+4+2 = 6

I had to stop because of the traffic and went into a Publix in Naples. Figured I'd get only non-perishables and kill time until I could move along route 41.  Progresso soup was on sale 4 (of the large cans) for $5.  So I thought about playing 4 and 5.  The pick 4 last night was 4-2-2-5. 

What we think about doesn't count, however!  Had I read your post after all those thoughts about 042 and the 4 for $5, etc., perhaps I would have bet on pick-3 and pick-4, but it was too late.