Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 10:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Lottery Sweepstakes:is it a great Idea or not?

Topic closed. 2 replies. Last post 10 years ago by pumpi76.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: February 23, 2007, 12:18 pm - IP Logged

Guys, i just thought of something...Why don't the lottery use the tickets no one claim (after they expire) and make a state sweepstake?

I think it will be a wonderfull idea....At least it gives anyone the chance to be a winner....What do you all think?

"Keno is "el diablo cazador de hombres..."              "YOu can't see it......"              "And it skins them......"                                                        from movie "Predator 1"

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
    Zeta Reticuli Star System
    United States
    Member #30470
    January 17, 2006
    10351 Posts
    Posted: February 23, 2007, 3:43 pm - IP Logged

pumpi

Most loteries ar set up so that money is set aside for the winner to claim it by a certain date....if no one does, it 'rolls over' back into the prize pool.  

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Honduras
      Member #20982
      August 29, 2005
      4715 Posts
      Posted: February 24, 2007, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

I think they would have gotten more publicity if they made the expire tickets go to a winner on a sweepstakes.....

"Laura Simpson from Great Lakes, Illinois deserves to be rich..."          "She is so rare..."