Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 3:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

lottoman

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 10 years ago by LANTERN.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
cranberry township
United States
Member #2374
September 24, 2003
8 Posts
Posted: February 25, 2007, 10:45 am - IP Logged

Does anyone know how to copy 3 digit history results to the Lottoman program?Thanks

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
    Dump Water Florida
    United States
    Member #380
    June 5, 2002
    3102 Posts
    Posted: February 26, 2007, 2:14 am - IP Logged

Unless the program offers a database Import function or the databases are in plain text format you are likely going to have to hand enter the draw data.  This isn't the worst possible thing because you will then have the chance to test the results. 

Lottoman software was programmed by David Piel who was also Mr. Lucky for Lotto World magazine.  It was later sold to another programmer who was going to "make it work" under the name of The Winning Ticket, but it never got out of beta and the beta didn't pick winners.

BobP

Mickie's avatar - Lottery-008.jpg
      Spring Lake
      United States
      Member #313
      April 26, 2002
      181 Posts
      Posted: February 26, 2007, 3:25 am - IP Logged

Read the help or somewhere in there. There is also an extensiive  manual. There is an import in ascii form that you can do. Sorry it has been to long to remember.

MickieDisney

United States
        Member #986
        January 5, 2003
        280 Posts
        Posted: February 26, 2007, 6:16 am - IP Logged

This is the format (I save as txt)

10/10/05,4,1,0
        10/11/05,5,0,0
        10/12/05,5,0,0
        10/13/05,4,1,0
        10/14/05,2,3,0
        10/15/05,5,0,0
        10/16/05,5,0,0
        10/17/05,5,0,0

I usually put what I want to import into the data folder of lottoman for easy access.  When you click import a box will open click data folder if your file was put there then choose the type it was saved as and it will show up.  The next popup boxes are self explanatory.  Very simple, if you have any trouble just ask.  Pays to read the help files over and over (well for me anyway) and there's a good bit of them.

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
          Tx
          United States
          Member #4570
          May 4, 2004
          5180 Posts
          Posted: February 26, 2007, 7:49 pm - IP Logged

About the help files.

While the LOTTOMAN.HLP can be read by Win98SE, I find that neither WordPad nor NotePad can read the Pick3.DOC file and the TUTORIAL.DOC which are in the DOCS folder.

I guess that Microsoft Word 2.0 or some such program is needed to read them, in addition to that problem, the Document file  PICK3.DOC might be corrupted.

While perhaps (Maybe) those Document files are not strictly needed it would be nice to have them.

As I said, I can read the LOTTOMAN.HLP file. 

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
            Tx
            United States
            Member #4570
            May 4, 2004
            5180 Posts
            Posted: February 26, 2007, 10:17 pm - IP Logged

Well I was able to convert and recover a (Good?) portion of those 2 files, some portions of the 2 texts were lost, but a good portion recovered, with those and the program's "Regular" help file it might be enough, maybe.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."