Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 2:04 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Will my tickets i bought back on the 20th of feb carry over

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #50086
February 25, 2007
2 Posts
Posted: February 25, 2007, 12:05 pm - IP Logged

since no one won the jackpot, or do i have to go purchase new tickets?

Dartangion Walker

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
    Wandering Aimlessly
    United States
    Member #25360
    November 5, 2005
    4461 Posts
    Posted: February 25, 2007, 12:17 pm - IP Logged

Tickets are ALWAYS for the date of the game you are playing, unless otherwise indicated.  The only way a ticket would cover more than one draw is if you asked for advanced play and paid for each additional pick.  Example:  A ticket costs $1.  Your state allows 10 advance plays. You pay $10 and check the advance play box for that combination.  The only reason the jackpot grows when nobody wins is because people keep spending money to buy tickets and that increases the jackpot size. Some games "roll down" meaning the jackpot prize doesn't roll over to the next draw, and the winners of the lower tier prizes share the jackpot. Read the rules of the game. However, I am assuming you are asking about a multi-state game like MM.

What game? PB? MM?  If you bought a ticket on the 20th of Feb, that was a Tuesday.  If you played PB or MM or most state games, there's already been another drawing anyway since the games are twice a week. So if you played MM on Tues, Feb 20 there was another draw on Fri, Feb 23. Did you check to see if any of your numbers were drawn? 

SHORT ANSWER:  NO, OF COURSE NOT.

JAP69's avatar - alas
      South Carolina
      United States
      Member #6
      November 4, 2001
      8797 Posts
      Posted: February 25, 2007, 12:21 pm - IP Logged

since no one won the jackpot, or do i have to go purchase new tickets?

Dartangion Walker

Tickets are dated for the draw or draws they are good for.

Buy a ticket for one draw the date is specified for the draw.

Buy a ticket good for more than one draw dates are specified.

There are different options for buying tickets. Read the play card for details.

Oo'Ka

United States
        Member #50086
        February 25, 2007
        2 Posts
        Posted: February 25, 2007, 12:39 pm - IP Logged

i would have been so pissed if i would have won the powerball and did not buy a new ticket cause i didnt know thanks for the help

Dartangion Walker

numbergirly's avatar - 0002009C
          Dover, Delaware
          United States
          Member #26979
          November 25, 2005
          178 Posts
          Posted: February 25, 2007, 1:15 pm - IP Logged

Hi bybcous.. unless you purchased your ticket for a seven day draw it will not carry over...the draw is only for the date on your ticket. In most states you can play up to seven (7) days. If you can afford it you should do that but, always check the date on your tickets. GOOD LUCK.

numbergirly

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10390 Posts
            Posted: February 25, 2007, 1:21 pm - IP Logged

A lottery ticket is a bet.

You bet the lottery commission that you have picked the right set of numbers, they 'book' the bet.

Unless the ticket is an advanced play ticket (your option) once the drawing is made for the date the ticket is dated, that bet has received a decision, win or lose.

Once any bet has received a decision, that's it for that bet. If you want to be in action again, you have 'ante up' to make a new bet.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.