Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 7:51 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

MM now at $355 million

Topic closed. 11 replies. Last post 10 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Bradly_60's avatar - disney37
Atlantic Mine, Michigan
United States
Member #416
June 23, 2002
1614 Posts
Posted: March 5, 2007, 12:48 pm - IP Logged

We are almost to the record....will we hit it?

Brad

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19903 Posts
    Posted: March 5, 2007, 1:02 pm - IP Logged

I think they're going for a new record.  If nobody wins tomorrow then we may see the jackpot get close to the ½ billion$ that they thought was possible when the matrix was changed.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Greenwich, CT
      United States
      Member #4793
      May 24, 2004
      1822 Posts
      Posted: March 5, 2007, 1:10 pm - IP Logged

Woohoo!  Party-time!

Even if someone wins tomorrow, this will likely go down as the biggest jackpot in N. American history, since the winner could take home $375 million, or thereabouts?

twisted's avatar - underground
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #2376
        September 25, 2003
        582 Posts
        Posted: March 5, 2007, 1:16 pm - IP Logged

Oh no, not again.  They have moved the drawing to Times Square in NYC.  Everytime they have done that in the past, someone has won the jackpot.  Why cant they just keep the damn drawing in the same place.  The jackpot is big enough where everyone around the country is noticing it.  Having the drawing in NYC will probably only give a boost to sales in NY.

Greenwich, CT
          United States
          Member #4793
          May 24, 2004
          1822 Posts
          Posted: March 5, 2007, 1:21 pm - IP Logged

c'mon Yolanda Vega!  Don't let me down! 

I saw her on Wednesday (I think) doing Pick 3 and Pick 4.....she has to rotate with a couple of boring "also-ran" announcers.

Maybe the law-of-averages will catch up and no one will win, so they'll have to do Friday's drawing from Chinatown or Little Italy.  Big Smile

twisted's avatar - underground
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #2376
            September 25, 2003
            582 Posts
            Posted: March 5, 2007, 1:24 pm - IP Logged

c'mon Yolanda Vega!  Don't let me down! 

I saw her on Wednesday (I think) doing Pick 3 and Pick 4.....she has to rotate with a couple of boring "also-ran" announcers.

Maybe the law-of-averages will catch up and no one will win, so they'll have to do Friday's drawing from Chinatown or Little Italy.  Big Smile

LOL LOL.  I hope you are right JAG.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19903 Posts
              Posted: March 5, 2007, 1:26 pm - IP Logged

Oh no, not again.  They have moved the drawing to Times Square in NYC.  Everytime they have done that in the past, someone has won the jackpot.  Why cant they just keep the damn drawing in the same place.  The jackpot is big enough where everyone around the country is noticing it.  Having the drawing in NYC will probably only give a boost to sales in NY.

If they change the location then that's going to mess up my system, I might as well buy some QPs.  My system can tolerate jackpot changes but not drawing location changes.

Evil Looking       

United States
                Member #34266
                March 1, 2006
                188 Posts
                Posted: March 5, 2007, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

If they change the location then that's going to mess up my system, I might as well buy some QPs.  My system can tolerate jackpot changes but not drawing location changes.

Why can't they just leave it alone, it ain't broke.   NYC since 9/11 is unlucky. (my opinion)

dvdiva's avatar - 8ball

United States
                  Member #2338
                  September 17, 2003
                  2063 Posts
                  Posted: March 5, 2007, 1:58 pm - IP Logged

I think they're going for a new record.  If nobody wins tomorrow then we may see the jackpot get close to the ½ billion$ that they thought was possible when the matrix was changed.

You are also right that no game has ever rolled once the drawing location has been changed. If it does roll (which is VERY unlikely at this point) then I agree the pot could hit or get very close to 500 million.

As both unlikely and insane as that would be it would be 300 million pre tax and 195 million after tax. Assuming no state income tax.

By the drawing it should be 215 pre tax and 140 after tax. 

California
                    United States
                    Member #46824
                    October 1, 2006
                    270 Posts
                    Posted: March 5, 2007, 2:36 pm - IP Logged

dvdiva...when California joined Mega Millions in June of 2005 the drawing took place in Hollywood.  The draw rolled over and continued on for 8 more draws after the vist to LA. 

Morrison, IL
                      United States
                      Member #4657
                      May 13, 2004
                      1884 Posts
                      Posted: March 5, 2007, 10:16 pm - IP Logged

Woohoo!  Party-time!

Even if someone wins tomorrow, this will likely go down as the biggest jackpot in N. American history, since the winner could take home $375 million, or thereabouts?

I hope it does hit there because it will unseat Powerball's "record," which is not really a record because the $365 million annuity was worth only $177 million cash. If there's any justice, the jackpot will be at least $366 million annuity.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                        mid-Ohio
                        United States
                        Member #9
                        March 24, 2001
                        19903 Posts
                        Posted: March 6, 2007, 12:53 pm - IP Logged

They're are no long going for a new record, at  $370M they're setting the new record.

Evil Looking