Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 1:41 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How much did you spend for Mega Milllions?

Topic closed. 4 replies. Last post 10 years ago by derek7.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Kidzmom's avatar - cold
NC
United States
Member #11741
February 23, 2005
1233 Posts
Posted: March 5, 2007, 2:57 pm - IP Logged

When the jackpot lotteries get "HUGE", some people tend to spend quite a bit more for tickets.  Me, I usually spend $15.00 on a combination of picking my own numbers to quick picks.  When the jackpot lotteries swell, I tend to raise it to $30.00- My mind tends to say, spend more and have a better chance of winning, and yes I do know that each and every ticket have the exact same chance of winning.  I was wondering who else does this and why?

K.

Greenwich, CT
    United States
    Member #4793
    May 24, 2004
    1822 Posts
    Posted: March 5, 2007, 3:49 pm - IP Logged

When I play, it's usually $1 or $2.  For tomorrow's draw I had originally planned to spend $5, but might up that to $10 since it's so likely to be hit.

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
      Beautiful Florida
      United States
      Member #5709
      July 18, 2004
      20106 Posts
      Posted: March 5, 2007, 4:02 pm - IP Logged

Normally I spend  $5-$10 a draw, for tomorrows game it will be $50. I feel as though it will be hit

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
        Gurnee, Illinois
        United States
        Member #49731
        February 12, 2007
        917 Posts
        Posted: March 5, 2007, 4:12 pm - IP Logged

I haven't set a limit on my spending...I plan to win so it really doesn't matter how much I spend, right?!!!  I can already....wow, winning is a beautiful thing!

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

derek7's avatar - speedykat
          IL
          United States
          Member #34578
          March 4, 2006
          198 Posts
          Posted: March 5, 2007, 9:22 pm - IP Logged

When I play I spend $25. Though I do not play often. Usually when jackpot is high and sometimes when I just feel like playing.

Derek