Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 4:15 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

new text editor

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 10 years ago by LANTERN.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Lucky's avatar - hiro horse.jpg
Ohio
United States
Member #20
December 20, 2000
56958 Posts
Posted: March 5, 2007, 6:47 pm - IP Logged

Todd -  The new version of the rich text editor is great - So many new colors and super fast !!

Thank you for the new improvement !!

Good Luck Lep

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23260 Posts
    Posted: March 5, 2007, 7:03 pm - IP Logged

Todd -  The new version of the rich text editor is great - So many new colors and super fast !!

Thank you for the new improvement !!

Your welcome, and thanks for noticing!

I personally like how it allows you to continue to apply the same color multiple times, by remembering the last color selected.  (Just like how the color buttons work in Microsoft Office.)

Another improvement is the Search & Replace feature, which is more like a standard word processor's.

Have you tried resizing the editor?  Many people don't know that feature exists.  At the bottom-right corner is a little drag handle, and you can drag the editor to make it larger.  Then, each time the editor is open it is re-sized automatically to the last size you set.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Lucky's avatar - hiro horse.jpg
      Ohio
      United States
      Member #20
      December 20, 2000
      56958 Posts
      Posted: March 5, 2007, 7:16 pm - IP Logged

I personally like how it allows you to continue to apply the same color multiple times, by remembering the last color selected.  (Just like how the color buttons work in Microsoft Office.)

Another improvement is the Search & Replace feature, which is more like a standard word processor's.

Have you tried resizing the editor?  Many people don't know that feature exists.  At the bottom-right corner is a little drag handle, and you can drag the editor to make it larger.  Then, each time the editor is open it is re-sized automatically to the last size you set.

I knew about the resizing feature but not the "Search & Replace feature"

Good Luck Lep

Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23260 Posts
        Posted: March 5, 2007, 7:22 pm - IP Logged

Cool!  Naturally, there will be more to come too!

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
          Tx
          United States
          Member #4570
          May 4, 2004
          5180 Posts
          Posted: March 6, 2007, 10:45 am - IP Logged

Todd. 

Something that nobody has is an audio broadcast of text on posts, at least I have not seen this anywhere, like you click on something on the post and the post's text is read and sent as audio to your computer, now that would be a first and very very cool, almost like audio links.

The LP server would not have to store any audio files at all, the audio would be created and sent in real time only after the LP member click on something on the post and or highlights a portion of a post.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

Chief Bottle Washer
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #1
            May 31, 2000
            23260 Posts
            Posted: March 6, 2007, 10:57 am - IP Logged

Todd. 

Something that nobody has is an audio broadcast of text on posts, at least I have not seen this anywhere, like you click on something on the post and the post's text is read and sent as audio to your computer, now that would be a first and very very cool, almost like audio links.

The LP server would not have to store any audio files at all, the audio would be created and sent in real time only after the LP member click on something on the post and or highlights a portion of a post.

That feature is built into both Windows XP and Windows Vista -- no need for me to do anything.  It works for any application, and any web site.

Tx
              United States
              Member #4570
              May 4, 2004
              5180 Posts
              Posted: March 6, 2007, 11:06 am - IP Logged

Todd

I didn't know that! 

truecritic's avatar - PirateTreasure
                Michigan
                United States
                Member #22395
                September 24, 2005
                1583 Posts
                Posted: March 6, 2007, 11:08 am - IP Logged

I "found" the new color feature - I was posting yesterday and wanted to change the text color.    I looked for the little color chart icon - and looked.  I refreshed a couple of times.  NO icon!  Couldn't figure out what was wrong with my IE!    LOL

Then I started to read and discovered it.  Good work, simpler and better now.

Chief Bottle Washer
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #1
                  May 31, 2000
                  23260 Posts
                  Posted: March 6, 2007, 11:09 am - IP Logged

Todd

I didn't know that! 

Vista also includes some pretty wicked speech recognition.  I did a little experimenting with it, and it is very good.  You can control the computer and write documents just by speaking.

Of course, this is the opposite of what you were asking about, but it already did that pretty well.  I have designed Lottery Post to work well with assistive devices, like the voice reader, so when a page loads, it has a lot of descriptive text in the background that can be read to the user.

Tx
                    United States
                    Member #4570
                    May 4, 2004
                    5180 Posts
                    Posted: March 6, 2007, 11:32 am - IP Logged

Todd

Thank you very much, some of us are getting a little older and might like to hear instead of to read, this way posts can also perhaps be recorded by a person if he or she wants to do so, either on the computer or on tape if the output of the Pc is made to go into an old stereo that also has a tape recorder and player either built in or connected to it, a vcr can also be made to record just audio if a person wants to.

Or Grandtec's PC to TV, PC to Video Component, sold at Radio Shack can be used to record both video and audio from your computer into any VCR, or audio-video component, even a video projector.

Record your Lottery Posts sessions in that way, or the best posts, if you want to. 

Otherwise try WinFast PVR 2000 from Leadtek, very good stuff.