Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 5:54 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

More Pick5/6 winners: Do you think?

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 10 years ago by pumpi76.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Honduras
Member #20982
August 29, 2005
4715 Posts
Posted: March 7, 2007, 12:07 pm - IP Logged

I've looked at the predictions and i am amazed of how close LP members get (off by 1 or 2 points/numbers)(some have gotten 1&1 points off of pick6).....But i noticed that if 100 people on each state were making predictions less than 5 people will be making predictions for pick5 & above...And my question to you is: Do you think that if most of LP predictors were making predictions for pick5 & above that we would had already conquered the state's PIck5, PIck6 perhaps MegaMillion & maybe that 470 Million Jackpot?....

I know that if the 470 MIllion Jackpot winner were to attribute the winning to LP predictions we definately would have been experiencing heavy traffic...NOt only MegaM but all the state's Pick6...

I am not saying we should what i am saying is do you think we could beat the state's hardest games if we wanted to?IF we all concentrated our efforts in one goal... 

What do you all think?

"Laura Simpson from Great Lakes, Illinois deserves to be rich..."          "She is so rare..."

Greenwich, CT
    United States
    Member #4793
    May 24, 2004
    1822 Posts
    Posted: March 7, 2007, 12:49 pm - IP Logged

I don't spend a lot of time on the Prediction boards, but here are my two cents:

Credit should be given to those predictors who beat the odds.  If someone posts only a handful of picks and matches 5/6, major kudos!  But I see some predictors using the shotgun pellet approach....posting dozens and dozens of combos for every game...of course you're going to hit 5/6 once in a while.

That being said, I don't think a combined effort will help win a Pick 5 or Pick 6 game.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19894 Posts
      Posted: March 7, 2007, 1:08 pm - IP Logged

I've looked at the predictions and i am amazed of how close LP members get (off by 1 or 2 points/numbers)(some have gotten 1&1 points off of pick6).....But i noticed that if 100 people on each state were making predictions less than 5 people will be making predictions for pick5 & above...And my question to you is: Do you think that if most of LP predictors were making predictions for pick5 & above that we would had already conquered the state's PIck5, PIck6 perhaps MegaMillion & maybe that 470 Million Jackpot?....

I know that if the 470 MIllion Jackpot winner were to attribute the winning to LP predictions we definately would have been experiencing heavy traffic...NOt only MegaM but all the state's Pick6...

I am not saying we should what i am saying is do you think we could beat the state's hardest games if we wanted to?IF we all concentrated our efforts in one goal... 

What do you all think?

"Laura Simpson from Great Lakes, Illinois deserves to be rich..."          "She is so rare..."

According to jp91 http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/152355 the predictions on the boards were helpful in getting a 5+0 for $250K in last night MM drawing.  I got a 4+0, the missing number for a 5+0 was in the above line on the same ticket but I didn't post my picks.  I do post my picks some time, I don't think most LP members are interested in helping anyone but themselves win $370M.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

NASHVILLE, TENN
        United States
        Member #33372
        February 20, 2006
        1044 Posts
        Posted: March 7, 2007, 1:13 pm - IP Logged

What do you all think?

Of course we could.

The Theory of Large Numbers comes into play here.  If every LP member were to band together, decide on one lotto strategy, and divide the responsibility equally, one of us would hit. 

The question then becomes "Now what!?".  

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19894 Posts
          Posted: March 7, 2007, 1:15 pm - IP Logged

I don't spend a lot of time on the Prediction boards, but here are my two cents:

Credit should be given to those predictors who beat the odds.  If someone posts only a handful of picks and matches 5/6, major kudos!  But I see some predictors using the shotgun pellet approach....posting dozens and dozens of combos for every game...of course you're going to hit 5/6 once in a while.

That being said, I don't think a combined effort will help win a Pick 5 or Pick 6 game.

The shotgun approach may get a poster a 5of6 once in a while, but it will make their average look bad.  I like to hit a winner but I also like to keep my % of hits up too.  Winning 5of6 for $1500 doesn't mean much if you're have to spend $10,000 to win it.

Evil Looking       

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19894 Posts
            Posted: March 7, 2007, 1:24 pm - IP Logged

Of course we could.

The Theory of Large Numbers comes into play here.  If every LP member were to band together, decide on one lotto strategy, and divide the responsibility equally, one of us would hit. 

The question then becomes "Now what!?".  

The idea has been discussed in other threads and they always concluded with the people who are actually trying to pick some winners not being interested.  People who pick their own numbers aren't interested in having someone else  making decisions for them.

Evil Looking       

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
              Member #41383
              June 16, 2006
              1969 Posts
              Posted: March 7, 2007, 1:24 pm - IP Logged

According to jp91 http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/152355 the predictions on the boards were helpful in getting a 5+0 for $250K in last night MM drawing.  I got a 4+0, the missing number for a 5+0 was in the above line on the same ticket but I didn't post my picks.  I do post my picks some time, I don't think most LP members are interested in helping anyone but themselves win $370M.

You are soooo wrong on your last sentence.

I have tried to partner up with a very small, select handful of people, and almost none want to reciprocate (I said 'almost').

Of the folks I have been in contact with, only two have shared back...  and one doesn't play PB.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                mid-Ohio
                United States
                Member #9
                March 24, 2001
                19894 Posts
                Posted: March 7, 2007, 1:43 pm - IP Logged

You are soooo wrong on your last sentence.

I have tried to partner up with a very small, select handful of people, and almost none want to reciprocate (I said 'almost').

Of the folks I have been in contact with, only two have shared back...  and one doesn't play PB.

You may be right, I was just going by my own experience and the attitude I have developed because of it.  I've had members PM me about my system and its working and the exchanges were alway one way. Many members have said they would only post predictions for pick3/4 games because the payout are fixed and not effected by the number of winners.

Evil Looking       

four4me's avatar - gate1
                  MD
                  United States
                  Member #1701
                  June 18, 2003
                  8391 Posts
                  Posted: March 7, 2007, 2:24 pm - IP Logged

what about Maddogs mega million and PB challenge isn't that a group effort to try and come up with winning combinations.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19894 Posts
                    Posted: March 7, 2007, 9:24 pm - IP Logged

what about Maddogs mega million and PB challenge isn't that a group effort to try and come up with winning combinations.

Those challenges are what they are.  As far as I know, none of the challengers are working as a group to pick combinations to play. If all the winning numbers were in one group the odds of picking the winning combination would be 1:792 but I doubt if anyone did that several times they would continue to participate.  So far no one has done that yet.

Evil Looking       

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                      Zeta Reticuli Star System
                      United States
                      Member #30470
                      January 17, 2006
                      10389 Posts
                      Posted: March 8, 2007, 1:05 am - IP Logged

pumpi

You're looking for a magic formula or a secret where there is no magic formula or secret.  

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                        Member #41383
                        June 16, 2006
                        1969 Posts
                        Posted: March 8, 2007, 1:18 am - IP Logged

Well, those are challenges to see who can come up with a consistently 'better' set of numbers than someone else, but not necessarily a way to showcase ones' talent for individual number selection.

I think we are talking in the context of sharing what we have seen, trends we have noticed, and then possibly if 6 people had a theory or system that could predict one number each with near-100% accuracy, then we should win, providing we come up with 6 different numbers.

Problem is, nobody is willing to give away any tips like that, and there are several reasons why:

1) You do that, you jinx it.

2) You do that, and nobody else reciprocates.

3) You do that, and then all-of-a-sudden your 95% accurate system dies incredibly fast, and you end up looking like an idiot. 

I tried about 2 weeks ago (or so) to get folks to speak up, to give us ONE iron-clad number - just ONE - and nobody did. 

Oh, I left one out:

4) You end up looking like an idiot anyway, like I do. 

Honduras
                          Member #20982
                          August 29, 2005
                          4715 Posts
                          Posted: March 8, 2007, 2:18 am - IP Logged

guesser that avatar that you got i love it dude...Is a classic...and so are the smurfs....I don't know how you got that image...the Felix cat...Congratulations men!!! Having that avatar or remember that image is like winning WVa Cash25 not everyone does....But that's if you grew up like i did and in the same environment that i did....

"Laura Simpson from Great Lakes, Illinois deserves to be rich..."          "She is so rare...."