Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 9:11 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Expectiations when playing Pick5, 6, 5 + 1

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 10 years ago by jarasan.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

Which most accurately describes how you feel when you pay for your tickets?

It's my turn [ 5 ]  [21.74%]
When's my turn? [ 6 ]  [26.09%]
Someone might win, why not me? [ 4 ]  [17.39%]
I can't even pick my nose, but... [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
I enjoy donating to the governor [ 1 ]  [4.35%]
Linda Kollmeyer [ 1 ]  [4.35%]
Someday is now [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
C'mon Leprechuan [ 2 ]  [8.70%]
The zodiac is lined up just right [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Other, explain if you will [ 4 ]  [17.39%]
Total Valid Votes [ 23 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 0 ]  
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10351 Posts
Posted: March 9, 2007, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

Which most accurately describes you when you play your tickets, when you change dollars into tickets?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
    Wandering Aimlessly
    United States
    Member #25360
    November 5, 2005
    4461 Posts
    Posted: March 9, 2007, 9:14 pm - IP Logged

I always think "Why can't I just get a taste?" before I play.  The more I play, especially when I add a QP or 2, I usually think, "This is stupid, but it might just happen." Sometimes I think, "What a waste. I should buy a candy bar instead."  Then I see the guy in front of me spending $4 for a pack of carcinogens.  Then I think, "We all have stupid habits that cost a few bucks. At least this one won't kill me."

emilyg's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
      Member #14
      November 9, 2001
      31355 Posts
      Posted: March 9, 2007, 11:59 pm - IP Logged

i voted "other"  spend $1 on it  if it happens fine - if it doesn't that's fine, too.

love to nibble those micey feet.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
        Member #41383
        June 16, 2006
        1969 Posts
        Posted: March 10, 2007, 3:26 am - IP Logged

I have a much better chance to win than most people, but that said, I feel my chances are about 1 in 50,000, so of course it's going to take some kind of absence of bad luck to win.

Also: you can't win if you don't play. 

JADELottery's avatar - MeAtWork 03.PNG
          The Quantum Master
          West Concord, MN
          United States
          Member #21
          December 7, 2001
          3675 Posts
          Posted: March 10, 2007, 2:57 pm - IP Logged

It came to me in a dream. Not only winning just one jackpot, but at least two or three. One was a fixed/progressive jackpot like WI Supercash or Badger 5. Another, in a different dream, was something like Powerball or Mega Millions and at least 50 million cash value or more. Also winning multiple times in the same drawing on Pick 3 or Pick 4 in a different dream. Winning, from the dream perspective anyway, is the most wonderful feeling I could have ever had. The expectation is: my dreams do happen in reality as some point.

Presented 'AS IS' and for Entertainment Purposes Only.
          Any gain or loss is your responsibility.
          Use at your own risk.

Order is a Subset of Chaos
          Knowledge is Beyond Belief
          Wisdom is Not Censored
          Douglas Paul Smallish
          Jehocifer

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
            Harbinger
            D.C./MD.
            United States
            Member #44103
            July 30, 2006
            5583 Posts
            Posted: March 10, 2007, 7:52 pm - IP Logged

I chose other,  my expectation is that I'll maybe get a small return of the money I spent (less than I spent 10%-20%)  or that may get a good set, 4 of 5, 4 of 6, 5 of 6 and play free for a couple of weeks.  I have hit these before but not the 5/5 or 6/6 grand prizes.  To hit 5/5 or 6/6 is an unreasonable expectation, a fluke, a stroke of luck, a lightning strike that leaves a fulgurite full of cash in my checking account.

Fulgurites (from the Latin fulgur meaning thunderbolt) are natural hollow carrot-shaped glass tubes formed in quartzose sand or soil by lightning strikes. In the right kind of sand the extreme heat generated will form silica glass shapes that trace the path of the lightning. The structures are also known as Petrified Lightning.

Fulgurites are a very rare phenomenon. A very large one was found in South Amboy, New Jersey. This was roughly nine feet long with a diameter of three inches near the surface of the ground, and tapered to roughly three sixteenths of an inch in diameter at the deepest point recovered. As is often the case due to the fragile nature of fulgurites, scientists were unable to extract it in one piece and the largest recovered fragment was a mere six inches long.

LOL jarasan