Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 4:23 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Pick 4 questions

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 10 years ago by RJOh.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
cybercity's avatar - Yavill
Japan
Japan
Member #50298
March 3, 2007
9 Posts
Posted: March 10, 2007, 4:21 pm - IP Logged

I've some questions regarding Pick 4 in the United States :

1. How much maximum can I bet ? For example, if I wanted to play in Florida Pick 4, what is the  maximum can I bet per 4 digit  number (straight bet) ? For example, can I bet $ 500 per number ? Any difference from state to state ?

2. If you win in Pick 4, do you have to pay tax ? If so...how much ?

Thank You...and Good Day.

LAVERNE MALONEY's avatar - smallgirl

United States
    Member #1987
    August 5, 2003
    8968 Posts
    Posted: March 10, 2007, 4:51 pm - IP Logged

Hello there cybercity, I am going to PM you.

lastexit51's avatar - scene sunoverlake.jpg
      tn
      United States
      Member #19631
      August 3, 2005
      16 Posts
      Posted: March 10, 2007, 5:13 pm - IP Logged

I would like to know that too Laverne.

four4me's avatar - gate1
        MD
        United States
        Member #1701
        June 18, 2003
        8360 Posts
        Posted: March 10, 2007, 5:18 pm - IP Logged
        Florida
        Unlike the Lottery's other on-line games, which are pari-mutuel in design (that is, players are vying for a portion of what is in the prize pool), Cash 3 and Play 4 offer set prize payouts. Therefore, the Lottery has established a $5 million liability limit for Play 4 for any particular four-digit number in each drawing. Should any four digit combination (for example 7777) be purchased often enough in a single drawing that would result in the liability limit being exceeded, the Lottery will "cut off" further sales of that specific number combination. In addition, no Front Pair, Mid Pair or Back Pair that involves the first two, middle two or last two digits, respectively, of the four digit number will be allowed for that drawing. Players that have already played those numbers will still win the full amount of the set prize even if the liability limit has been met.
          LAVERNE MALONEY's avatar - smallgirl

United States
          Member #1987
          August 5, 2003
          8968 Posts
          Posted: March 10, 2007, 5:24 pm - IP Logged

I would like to know that too Laverne.

Perform an online search & go to Florida's web site. You can do this for any U.S. lottery & find out information. 

You can also find out information right here at the Lottery Post. Go to Results at the top of the page & click on State Lottery Report Card.

felinelover's avatar - nw elf4.jpg
            Florida
            United States
            Member #2118
            August 19, 2003
            39 Posts
            Posted: March 10, 2007, 5:43 pm - IP Logged

I live in Florida and you certainly can bet $500.00 on a set of 4 numbers all you want. I love Cash 3 and Play 4 because as long as you don't win on more than $599.00 per ticket, it's not taxable. I don't even get asked to fill out the form on the back, just get my money. I do know someone who got Play 4 straight though, and she will be paying taxes on her W-2, as I will be too, having won $910.50 in Megamoney. Could not believe the weird thing that happened to me last night though, I got a qp 1927, and the clerk told me it wasn't available, since too many people had played it. Why would they give a qp that's been shut off?? I do not know about other states, but I do know that in FL you can bet all you want on one combo as long as it hasn't been cut off.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19824 Posts
              Posted: March 10, 2007, 5:44 pm - IP Logged

I've some questions regarding Pick 4 in the United States :

1. How much maximum can I bet ? For example, if I wanted to play in Florida Pick 4, what is the  maximum can I bet per 4 digit  number (straight bet) ? For example, can I bet $ 500 per number ? Any difference from state to state ?

2. If you win in Pick 4, do you have to pay tax ? If so...how much ?

Thank You...and Good Day.

In my state and I think in other states too, you can bet $1 per board per number of boards on a play slip and then you can replay that play slip up to the limit the state will accept that number.  Most states limit the number of times a number can be played to limit their liability, so you would have to play your number before anyone else playing the same number caused the cut-off point to be reached. 

Lottery winnings are treated like regular income and taxed accordingly.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking