Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 5:35 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

What is your ticket checking ritual?

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 10 years ago by pacattack05.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
MegaWinner's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
New Jersey
United States
Member #50273
March 3, 2007
348 Posts
Posted: March 10, 2007, 5:52 pm - IP Logged

Me personally, I absolutley DO NOT check my tickets the night of the drawing.  The reason for this is I do not want to lose any sleep if/when I win Wink.  (I actually broke my tradition for that $390 because they took so long to update the page.)  I usually check them as soon as I get up in the morning.  That way I am refreshed and ready for the day and won't do anything irrational like grabbing the family at 11pm friday night and driving to Lottery Headquarters in Lawrenceville, NJ KNOWING that they will be closed the whole weekend lol!

And when the jackpot is low (compared to high jackpots) like it is now,  I often wait several days and purposely avoid results pages to see if I won. 

First thing I look for is the mega ball.  Then I look for the first 3 numbers.  Then I either put it back in my wallet if I won a few bucks, or ball it up and toss it not even bothered that I didn't win yet. 

What about you guys? 

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
    Wandering Aimlessly
    United States
    Member #25360
    November 5, 2005
    4461 Posts
    Posted: March 10, 2007, 5:58 pm - IP Logged

Just the opposite of you.  I always check my tickets online at approximately 11:30 to midnight after the drawing.

Big Hitter's avatar - tdspin17 e0.gif
      Constitutional Money Is Real Money
      Brick City
      United States
      Member #1216
      March 3, 2003
      1782 Posts
      Posted: March 10, 2007, 6:00 pm - IP Logged

I check all my tickets on once a week on Monday. Monday is also the day I make my plays for the week. It leaves plenty of time to stratagize and not worry about getting my plays in.

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
        Gurnee, Illinois
        United States
        Member #49731
        February 12, 2007
        919 Posts
        Posted: March 10, 2007, 6:07 pm - IP Logged

I check all my tickets on once a week on Monday. Monday is also the day I make my plays for the week. It leaves plenty of time to stratagize and not worry about getting my plays in.

Have you ever won a jackpot or 2nd/3rd tier prize?  Strategizing is fun and you can have more to talk about at a press conference than a winner who just bought $10 worth of QPs...hmmm, that just happened, didn't it?!!!!!Mad  But as I believe...just as he found out...

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19901 Posts
          Posted: March 10, 2007, 6:16 pm - IP Logged

I create the combinations I play using my computer and I date and save them to a play file. After the drawing I check with the play file with the winning numbers file and my winning numbers are highlighted and the winnings matches are added up with what they will pay.

Oops!, something I forget to update the winning numbers file before checking my play file and gets the wrong results if I don't notice the different dates, so I had just added a feature that checks the date in my play file with date of the winning numbers being compared and highlights the date if they both are the same so I shouldn't make that mistake again.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
            Member #17555
            June 22, 2005
            5582 Posts
            Posted: March 10, 2007, 6:29 pm - IP Logged

At about 8:20 pm, I call the Florida lottery and find out what the cash 3 winning numbers were.

Would you like to know what my "cashing in the ticket" ritual is?

I walk up to the counter and present my winning ticket to the cashier. She in turn hands me the cash value.

Approve

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
              Member #47420
              November 4, 2006
              3930 Posts
              Posted: March 10, 2007, 7:45 pm - IP Logged

Cool..Someone with a sense of humor.......Good luck

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                Member #41383
                June 16, 2006
                1969 Posts
                Posted: March 10, 2007, 7:50 pm - IP Logged

I check mine on powerball.com about 5 minutes after the drawing, sometimes.

Miss Bee's avatar - strawberry
                  nashville
                  United States
                  Member #4990
                  June 8, 2004
                  1376 Posts
                  Posted: March 10, 2007, 8:06 pm - IP Logged

I always watch the drawings so I know right then and there.

United States
                    Member #17555
                    June 22, 2005
                    5582 Posts
                    Posted: March 10, 2007, 8:23 pm - IP Logged

I always watch the drawings so I know right then and there.

Unfortunately here in Florida, there are no live drawings televised.....There used to be, but someone decided it wouldn't be fair to show everyone how the game is played.

I know...It sounds stupid, but Florida has a reputation....LOL

United States
                      Member #10720
                      January 23, 2005
                      933 Posts
                      Posted: March 10, 2007, 8:30 pm - IP Logged

The time I won anything significant (a jackpot) I didn't come across it until 2 WEEKS later. I had jury duty the day after the drawing so I was preoccupied. Usually on big drawings like PB or MM I may play 5 QP's and not look at them until next morning and hear where the winner was sold. If I win on System numbers I usually can feel it right at the drawing.

nashville
                        United States
                        Member #4990
                        June 8, 2004
                        1376 Posts
                        Posted: March 10, 2007, 8:33 pm - IP Logged

I think that if I can scream my numbers out loud enough they will fall needless to say I get louder and louder, now the nieghbors know it's to late for the Titans to be playing football, so I'm sure they think I am some kind of nutcase, during the season I scream curse words at the refs and Jeff Fischer, who has chosen to not follow my coaching advise, had he done so we would have won the superbowl, I think they have a pool going to see why I yell out numbers, sometimes it works.Smile.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                          Member #41383
                          June 16, 2006
                          1969 Posts
                          Posted: March 10, 2007, 8:44 pm - IP Logged

I think that if I can scream my numbers out loud enough they will fall needless to say I get louder and louder, now the nieghbors know it's to late for the Titans to be playing football, so I'm sure they think I am some kind of nutcase, during the season I scream curse words at the refs and Jeff Fischer, who has chosen to not follow my coaching advise, had he done so we would have won the superbowl, I think they have a pool going to see why I yell out numbers, sometimes it works.Smile.

Please elaborate on your coaching advice to Fischer..

nashville
                            United States
                            Member #4990
                            June 8, 2004
                            1376 Posts
                            Posted: March 10, 2007, 8:52 pm - IP Logged

Number one rule, if the guys make stupid play,that cost points or good field position they are fined 1000.00 and no gatorade until they do better.

there are times when it is ok to go for it on fourth and one.

Draft good recievers.

It is ok to hit the ref on a really bad call.

numbergirly's avatar - 0002009C
                              Dover, Delaware
                              United States
                              Member #26979
                              November 25, 2005
                              178 Posts
                              Posted: March 10, 2007, 8:57 pm - IP Logged

I'm with you MegaWinner.... I wait until the next day because, I don't want to ruin my evening or, on the winning side I don't want to lose any sleep from the excitement of a win which is rare. I have so many ways of checking numbers I have several phone numbers and dozens of websites so, I can easily find out what the numbers are for PB,MM,3 digits, 4 digits and 4 or 5 lottos. Tonight I'm looking for 999 and 1995 in DE.

GOOD LUCK

numbergirly