Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 10:48 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Pick 5 and jackpot games [ wheels search feature]

Topic closed. 1 reply. Last post 10 years ago by Todd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
JAP69's avatar - alas
South Carolina
United States
Member #6
November 4, 2001
8795 Posts
Posted: March 11, 2007, 9:59 am - IP Logged

Todd,

I know you are super busy. However I wanted to pass this by you.

In the search past drawings we now can enter to search if our numbers have won. We can enter the numbers on each line up to 10 lines.

My idea is this.
To be able to search past drawings for wheel creations to find past results of the wheel.

We would be able to enter up to so many numbers in the wheel search on one line to search results.
The max size of the wheel search could be decided by a poll if desired.

Type

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
    Chief Bottle Washer
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #1
    May 31, 2000
    23348 Posts
    Posted: March 11, 2007, 5:37 pm - IP Logged

I understand, but there comes a point when doing such complex searches becomes so taxing on the database that it can actually disrupt the entire web site if too many people do simultaneous searches.  10 was a good number for many reasons, including being a good balance between performance and flexibility, and the fact that it lets you search for all triples (and other popular Pick 3 searches).

Remember, it's not just doing a simple search.  It has many options like positional searches, various date ranges, max/min nums to match, etc.

Plus, with the existing search you can do everything you want -- it just takes more than one step.

I will say that I have gotten this request a few times over the past several years, so I know there is a desire for it.  I just have some concerns about it, at least right now.  Maybe at some point in the future, when I host the results database on its own server, I can revisit this topic.

Thanks for the feedback!!

Check the State Lottery Report Card
    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
    Help eliminate computerized drawings!