Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Wow, look at the PB and MM numbers...(They are close!)

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Just6ntlc.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
MegaWinner's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
New Jersey
United States
Member #50273
March 3, 2007
348 Posts
Posted: March 11, 2007, 10:36 am - IP Logged

MM 10-13-25-42-43 + 30

PB  14-18-34-42-43 + 32

They are pretty close!  I matched 2 WB's and the PB for $7 bucks!

United States
    Member #10720
    January 23, 2005
    933 Posts
    Posted: March 11, 2007, 1:29 pm - IP Logged

I don't consider that to be so close, just the last 2 white balls match when the numbers are put in order. The Mega and PB machines are as different as night and day and they have different # of balls. 30 and 32 are not close either, if you played 30 on PB you didn't have the Bonus. Thus it never occurs to me to play the same #s from the other game, so even if it came out everything matching I would not have been kicking myself for not thinking to play it. This is the same questionable logic as using one State to predict another State or using a RNG based midday drawing to predict an evening drawing using balls.

Close would be if a future MM or PB drawing matched 3 or more numbers from a recent drawing in the same game.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
      Wandering Aimlessly
      United States
      Member #25360
      November 5, 2005
      4461 Posts
      Posted: March 11, 2007, 2:30 pm - IP Logged

Hi, MegaWinner.  Congrats on winning $7.  It's always nice to get some of your money back.  I won $5 yesterday in FL so I am only about $10,000 in the hole...just guessing, never really add it all up!

I would never call these combinations close.  There are only 2 of the same numbers.  I look at winning the lottery the same way as I would if I had brain surgery.  Picture the surgeon ready to stick his instrument into my brain.  The doctor who is assisting asks "Did you get it?"  He answers, "Close."

Actually, I was going to use the example of a Mohel, but I wasn't sure if everyone would know that word! Smiley 

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
        Zeta Reticuli Star System
        United States
        Member #30470
        January 17, 2006
        10351 Posts
        Posted: March 11, 2007, 6:31 pm - IP Logged

Re: Mohel - Oy! -and a certain episode of Seinfeld comes to mind

Scared

Re: "Close" - see my sig  

Smile

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

NY
          United States
          Member #23835
          October 16, 2005
          3474 Posts
          Posted: March 11, 2007, 6:35 pm - IP Logged

Two of the numbers match, but as everyone else says, the combinations aren't close. People thinking that counts as close is one of the reasons that so many systems keep selling. "That system that I paid $29.95 for is really good. My numbers have been close to the winning numbers every single week for the last 15,000 years"

United States
            Member #16612
            June 2, 2005
            3493 Posts
            Posted: March 11, 2007, 8:37 pm - IP Logged

Good shot of winning $7 Mega Winner getting 2+ bonus ball.