Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 5:20 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

MI Millionaire Raffle

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 10 years ago by duffy.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Bradly_60's avatar - disney37
Atlantic Mine, Michigan
United States
Member #416
June 23, 2002
1614 Posts
Posted: March 13, 2007, 10:24 am - IP Logged

Well sales started yesterday for Michigan's sophomore raffle.  600,000 tickets available this time.  First day of sales and they sold a whopping 140,000 tickets!  That is amazing.  These things are selling at a much faster pace then the last time.  I better get a ticket..haha

B-rad

United States
    Member #50053
    February 24, 2007
    11 Posts
    Posted: March 13, 2007, 5:26 pm - IP Logged

..... wow, I checked out your Michigan Raffle drawing ... you have the PA state raffle beat  ... less tickets sold and more prizes .... if I lived close to Michigan I'd be buying a few tickets  ... you are lucky to have that drawing ... PA sells 625,000 tickets and there are only 5 - $1 million prizes and only 5 - $100,000 prizes and 750 - $1,000 prizes .... your state gives you a much better raffle ticket shot than what we get in PA ... all states should follow the Michigan idea ..... unless there is a state out there with even better odds ... maybe there is.

Atlantic Mine, Michigan
      United States
      Member #416
      June 23, 2002
      1614 Posts
      Posted: March 13, 2007, 7:40 pm - IP Logged

One crappy thing in the $1,000,000 prizes are annuities....$650,000 cash option...not to bad but that makes up for some of the difference.

B-rad 

United States
        Member #50053
        February 24, 2007
        11 Posts
        Posted: March 14, 2007, 10:05 am - IP Logged

.......  now that might be the difference  .... in PA you do  $1 million cash ... no annuity so maybe that's why the extra tickets and less prizes .... after federal taxes the million would drop down a lot .... lottery winnings in PA are not taxed  ... does MI tax lottery winnings  ..... still the $650,000 cash is nice .... how many tickets will you buy, just one or maybe 5  .... how many raffle drawings has MI already had ?....  how many raffle drawings does your state have in a year .... PA seems to be every 6 months.

Atlantic Mine, Michigan
          United States
          Member #416
          June 23, 2002
          1614 Posts
          Posted: March 14, 2007, 12:50 pm - IP Logged

Michigan sold about another 100,000 tickets on the 2nd day they were on sale.  Sold 250,000 tickets already.  I bought one yesterday and the number was 165502.  My mom bought one about 30 minutes later and it was in the 170's already.  This is only the second time we had a drawing in Michigan.  The way we keep selling them I wouldn't see why they wouldn't start having drawings every couple months.

B-rad

United States
            Member #50053
            February 24, 2007
            11 Posts
            Posted: March 14, 2007, 3:23 pm - IP Logged

..... I also would like PA to have a raffle drawing every 3 months .... however, if states did that ... the play on their other big jackpot games might drop ... with the price of the raffle ticket and the better odds to hit something big ... some people might just throw all their money into raffle tickets  ..... I for one would probably do that, buy my tickets and start putting money away for the next drawing  .... all those other games with odds in the millions to go for something that I might have a chance at  .... it could happen, if a person had 5 tickets that they could hit both a million dollars and also a hundred thousand dollars .... all 5 tickets could actually hit something ....  a real longshot but someday someone will hit like that somewhere, if it already hasn't happened .... maybe somebody hitting a million dollars twice with 2 or 3 tickets .... anything is possible ....

United States
              Member #50053
              February 24, 2007
              11 Posts
              Posted: March 16, 2007, 3:40 pm - IP Logged

....... hey B-rad,

..... your MI Lottery raffles are almost gone  ... I checked the website and only 168,000 remain  ....  going to be gone real fast as more people panic and rush to get one while they still can ....

United States
                Member #50053
                February 24, 2007
                11 Posts
                Posted: March 17, 2007, 4:36 pm - IP Logged

Well sales started yesterday for Michigan's sophomore raffle.  600,000 tickets available this time.  First day of sales and they sold a whopping 140,000 tickets!  That is amazing.  These things are selling at a much faster pace then the last time.  I better get a ticket..haha

B-rad

.... well the MI raffle tickets are sold out, according to the web site at 4 pm Eastern time Sat  ...  what a fast sell those tickets were  ....