Welcome Guest
You last visited August 22, 2017, 8:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How do you play?

Topic closed. 8 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Jose400.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #50319
March 3, 2007
42 Posts
Posted: March 15, 2007, 10:16 am - IP Logged

A. Do you pick new numbers for each day or game?

B. Pick a group of numbers and play for a set period of time?

C. Let the machine do QP's for each game?

I was picking new numbers for each game, recently started picking a group of numbers (I have 15 numbers in each group playing straight/box)) for Cash 3 and Cash 4 and playing them for a set period of time. I haven't really noticed a whole lot of difference, still hitting about the same. (2 of 60 for Cash 3 the last week, one was a straight so that put me ahead a little. 0 of 50 for Cash 4 which was the same for picking them for each game the previous week). 

Now for Fantasy Five and Mega Millions, I'm just playing the same small group (< 10 for each) each game.

And I figure for Cash 4, since it is 1:10,000 for a straight, I'm playing straight/box so I will hopefully keep the finances on the positive side if a box falls. Do you think this is a good strategy?  

JAP69's avatar - alas
    South Carolina
    United States
    Member #6
    November 4, 2001
    8801 Posts
    Posted: March 15, 2007, 10:37 am - IP Logged

For pick 3 I have a daily workout and an extended play workout.

Extended play workout I generally do fairly well.

The daily workout which is my exact order by position wheeling is catch as catch can as the numbers by position are changed regulary. Yesterdays or the last 2 or 3 workouts hit today. That sort of thing.

Oo'Ka

United States
      Member #50319
      March 3, 2007
      42 Posts
      Posted: March 15, 2007, 10:46 am - IP Logged

For pick 3 I have a daily workout and an extended play workout.

Extended play workout I generally do fairly well.

The daily workout which is my exact order by position wheeling is catch as catch can as the numbers by position are changed regulary. Yesterdays or the last 2 or 3 workouts hit today. That sort of thing.

Any set period of playing a group of numbers? How many numbers do you usually put money on? And I have noticed if I go back 2 days and use those picks, they seem to come the closest when I "Waffle House" them (Mirror, go up or down on each digit, etc).

JAP69's avatar - alas
        South Carolina
        United States
        Member #6
        November 4, 2001
        8801 Posts
        Posted: March 15, 2007, 11:19 am - IP Logged

Any set period of playing a group of numbers? How many numbers do you usually put money on? And I have noticed if I go back 2 days and use those picks, they seem to come the closest when I "Waffle House" them (Mirror, go up or down on each digit, etc).

My extended play workout which I can create from 5 plays up to a limit I desire which is around 15 or 20 plays. For the time span on these numbers I have gone as long as 30 days with the same list. But I generally update at least once per week keeping some of the plays in the prior workout and adding new plays keeping the list at generally the same count of numbers.

How many I put money on all depends on the gambling budget. May only play one number or as many as 15. When playing fewer than I have selected I will lose on that end by not picking the right one from the list if the winner is on the list. Catch as catch can.

Oo'Ka

California
          United States
          Member #46824
          October 1, 2006
          270 Posts
          Posted: March 15, 2007, 11:30 am - IP Logged

I only play Mega Milliona and CA Super Lotto Plus.

I play 2 sets of numbers (family numbers) for each draw and have been for years.

The rest is quick picks, usually a buck or two. 

tntea's avatar - Lottery-059.jpg

United States
            Member #5344
            June 30, 2004
            23641 Posts
            Posted: March 15, 2007, 12:57 pm - IP Logged

I use the OLD as a guy and watch neighboring states then apply vtracs.

OLD/Vtrac   Lottery Bible         Double Warnings      Thumbs Up TN F34/F44

United States
              Member #50319
              March 3, 2007
              42 Posts
              Posted: March 15, 2007, 1:17 pm - IP Logged

Well, since I had gotten ahead a little, I had decided this morning to try both methods. Played my group and also picked 10 numbers by going back two numbers, going down the first column, second column, and third column. Then using the "Waffle House" by picking a mirror of the first digit, going up or down on a digit, and one of the numbers was 282 (I'm still trying to re-create my thinking on how I got that number). Geogia Midday was 822. I had played it as a straight/box, so at least I get $80 ($20 was the cost of the tickets).

Missed the Cash4 by one digit on two picks.  

And looking back, I see basically I am doing my version of a Quick Pick, not a real system, just lucky picks.

And hopefully the streak will creep up to the Cash 4 group before it ends.  

dnroth's avatar - pryd

United States
                Member #37110
                April 10, 2006
                43 Posts
                Posted: March 15, 2007, 10:29 pm - IP Logged

I only play Mega Millions when the jackpot is greater than $100m.  I usually play two or three sets of numbers I've picked along with a couple of QPs (five total).

That said, I've really become disillusioned with QPs.  I know they win, but using my lousy and ever evolving system (which pretty much tells you which numbers not to pick :D), I've pretty much given up on QPs.  Rather randomly generate numbers on my own until for some reason a set feels right (working on making this just a tad more scientific...I don't think "feels right" is a widely accepted term...).

Racine,Wisconsin.
                  United States
                  Member #47605
                  November 14, 2006
                  17 Posts
                  Posted: March 20, 2007, 6:35 pm - IP Logged

How do I play, very carefully. Seriously, playing quick picks never win

for me, so I play all the numbers. Like in powerball, there's 55 numbers,

that means you can cover all the numbers with 11 tickets. If you have

11 powerball numbers, that gives you 11/42 chances to win just

the powerball, which is $4. I think the best I did was win $7 twice,

getting 3 in a row, etc. That's the only way to win, play all the numbers.