Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 12:40 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

rain rain go away..and take the bad luck with you...

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 10 years ago by pacattack05.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
A long and winding road
United States
Member #17084
June 10, 2005
4529 Posts
Posted: March 15, 2007, 10:29 pm - IP Logged

Whilst Ive felt this grey cloud over my lottery plays, I continued to be apart of the masses and perservere thru this slump.  Untill.....Today!!

I proudly gained the  "surely the good luck fairy will guide me today!"

So into my little five and dime lottery store..

Rarely is there more then two folks inhabitating this little place, until today! Crowds of people stopping in due to a down pour of rain...So I was left to wait fifteen minutes til the lady could get to the machine to take my lottery order. Again..I considered Patience and tolerance will be an asset and surely the luck will come my way! So I place my bets, immediately dashed for the door, because the line of regular customers werent too dern pleased that I diverted the cashier over to my lottery line area.  Got in my car to read my plays , and VIOLA! They were faded and misprinted!! half the numbers were missing on one line completely and the barcode that is needed to read from the machine was discombobulated!  So I quickly rush back in(thru the crowd that I thought for sure was ready to lynch me...) To alert the cashier of this matter. She was getting ready to read me the riot act that I ws to check them before I left, when she looked in shock at what I presented her. Indeed th machine had errored. She couldnt do a reprint so I lost my two probable winners for cash5 (qp).  She finally fixed the machine before issuing me my replaced quickpick tickets. I was gratefull that she did it without allowing the other customers to intervene with a knife or sharp object (grin*)

Home I went thinking, surely luck had intervened and wanted me to get the winning tickets! Even a two dollar winner would have lifted my spirits.

Buttt.......Nooooo...I sat there at tonights drawings, not hearing or seeing a single number coming up that was on my tickets.

Just wondering though...If my original misprinted tickets were INDEED winners does the store get to claim it? The lady did take my misprint back so she could balance her lottery funds. I did get issued New QP numbers...so it was an even transaction I suppose.   Is the misprinted ticket considered null and void EVEN though the numbers are entered into the teriminal and registered. ?  Basically how can the terminal say a winning ticket was purchased , then turn around and say. why yes you were the ticket purchaser of a winning ticket but becuase it misprinted we cant honor  a payout. Hope this makes sense..I am just weary from the :What if" I handed back tonights high winning ticket because I couldnt read it!

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

christmas holly jolly numbers: 255,303,6911, 474,477 silver:47,gold:79.

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
    Beautiful Florida
    United States
    Member #5709
    July 18, 2004
    20119 Posts
    Posted: March 15, 2007, 10:42 pm - IP Logged

WOW, talk about a bad day...!

Keep smiling, you'll come up smelling like roses...!

Here's to a better day.

St. Patrick's Day 

"  When Injustice Becomes Law, Resistance Becomes Duty "

Raven62's avatar - binary
      New Jersey
      United States
      Member #17843
      June 28, 2005
      49784 Posts
      Posted: March 15, 2007, 10:58 pm - IP Logged

Whilst Ive felt this grey cloud over my lottery plays, I continued to be apart of the masses and perservere thru this slump.  Untill.....Today!!

I proudly gained the  "surely the good luck fairy will guide me today!"

So into my little five and dime lottery store..

Rarely is there more then two folks inhabitating this little place, until today! Crowds of people stopping in due to a down pour of rain...So I was left to wait fifteen minutes til the lady could get to the machine to take my lottery order. Again..I considered Patience and tolerance will be an asset and surely the luck will come my way! So I place my bets, immediately dashed for the door, because the line of regular customers werent too dern pleased that I diverted the cashier over to my lottery line area.  Got in my car to read my plays , and VIOLA! They were faded and misprinted!! half the numbers were missing on one line completely and the barcode that is needed to read from the machine was discombobulated!  So I quickly rush back in(thru the crowd that I thought for sure was ready to lynch me...) To alert the cashier of this matter. She was getting ready to read me the riot act that I ws to check them before I left, when she looked in shock at what I presented her. Indeed th machine had errored. She couldnt do a reprint so I lost my two probable winners for cash5 (qp).  She finally fixed the machine before issuing me my replaced quickpick tickets. I was gratefull that she did it without allowing the other customers to intervene with a knife or sharp object (grin*)

Home I went thinking, surely luck had intervened and wanted me to get the winning tickets! Even a two dollar winner would have lifted my spirits.

Buttt.......Nooooo...I sat there at tonights drawings, not hearing or seeing a single number coming up that was on my tickets.

Just wondering though...If my original misprinted tickets were INDEED winners does the store get to claim it? The lady did take my misprint back so she could balance her lottery funds. I did get issued New QP numbers...so it was an even transaction I suppose.   Is the misprinted ticket considered null and void EVEN though the numbers are entered into the teriminal and registered. ?  Basically how can the terminal say a winning ticket was purchased , then turn around and say. why yes you were the ticket purchaser of a winning ticket but becuase it misprinted we cant honor  a payout. Hope this makes sense..I am just weary from the :What if" I handed back tonights high winning ticket because I couldnt read it!

I laughed and enjoyed the commentary! Poke

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

TheGameGrl's avatar - character catafly.jpg
        A long and winding road
        United States
        Member #17084
        June 10, 2005
        4529 Posts
        Posted: March 15, 2007, 11:08 pm - IP Logged

Thank you MadDog for the pickmeup. Hopefully the winds of change are in order where luck is concerned. :)

Raven62-Twas fun to compose! Glad to bring a smile to your day. Wish I could have had the same affect with the mob. I still think they are outside just a waitin fir me. (wink) 

~~Is it true, Is it kind,Is it necessary. ~~~

christmas holly jolly numbers: 255,303,6911, 474,477 silver:47,gold:79.

Raven62's avatar - binary
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #17843
          June 28, 2005
          49784 Posts
          Posted: March 15, 2007, 11:20 pm - IP Logged

Thank you MadDog for the pickmeup. Hopefully the winds of change are in order where luck is concerned. :)

Raven62-Twas fun to compose! Glad to bring a smile to your day. Wish I could have had the same affect with the mob. I still think they are outside just a waitin fir me. (wink) 

LOL! It's tooo bad that their was no cheese & crackers to go along with it... Wink

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

United States
            Member #17555
            June 22, 2005
            5582 Posts
            Posted: March 16, 2007, 12:16 am - IP Logged

You did well by going back, because of the barcode. Who wants to be in a position where you have the jackpot numbers for the first time in your life, and after waiting many years for this moment, to suddenly have that ticket be in question. 

That would be the epitamy of my bad luck...LOL

To answer your question may take someone more knowledgeable than I. But my best guess is that she surely could have kept them and paid for them. Secondly, she also may have just null and voided the tickets which would clear her in the balancing department. As far as the store claiming the prize?...well that only depends on the local laws that apply to an employee winning in the store from were she works.

I'm pretty sure that 99 percent of the policies regarding this issue favors the employee. This type of employment is not the same as working directly with the lottery. The people directly involved with the going ons of the drawings and most of their periphery, are not allowed to participate in the purchasing of any tickets in that state.

I could be wrong, but It sounded good...LOL

NY
              United States
              Member #23835
              October 16, 2005
              3474 Posts
              Posted: March 16, 2007, 12:39 am - IP Logged

Illegible tickets like the ones described may well account for some of the unclaimed  tickets we hear about now and then. The master computer will have a record of the ticket and the ticket could be valid, but since it's illegible there's a good chance nobody will ever know if it was a winner. In theory sales records might identify an illegible  ticket by the parts that are legible and tickets that were printed immediately before or after, but unless somebody knows what numbers the ticket  should have and checks, nobody will know it's a winner so nobody will  try to prove it's the winning ticket. Assuming there's some procedure in place so that the retailer doesn't pay for those tickest they'll effectively be cancelled, and will never be winners.

United States
                Member #17555
                June 22, 2005
                5582 Posts
                Posted: March 16, 2007, 1:04 am - IP Logged

Illegible tickets like the ones described may well account for some of the unclaimed  tickets we hear about now and then. The master computer will have a record of the ticket and the ticket could be valid, but since it's illegible there's a good chance nobody will ever know if it was a winner. In theory sales records might identify an illegible  ticket by the parts that are legible and tickets that were printed immediately before or after, but unless somebody knows what numbers the ticket  should have and checks, nobody will know it's a winner so nobody will  try to prove it's the winning ticket. Assuming there's some procedure in place so that the retailer doesn't pay for those tickest they'll effectively be cancelled, and will never be winners.

Illegible tickets like the ones described may well account for some of the unclaimed  tickets we hear about now and then.

Yes.

It saddens me so, when I hear of tickets unclaimed. I sometimes cry for days on end....LOL.......

The last thing I need to hear tomorrow is that someone could've been a millionare, but NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! They thought it was more important to be a knuckle head that day. The best day of their life.....Go figure....LOL

Those people are probably the ones who didn't check their tix, and shoved them into their pockets or purses.

After checking their tickets and seeing the mess, they probably just crumpled them up and threw them in the basket saying..." They probably weren't winners anyway", with a grin on their face..

What a cruel joke....