Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 2:04 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Instant Games..Too Instant For Me

Topic closed. 6 replies. Last post 10 years ago by justxploring.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
justxploring's avatar - villiarna
Wandering Aimlessly
United States
Member #25360
November 5, 2005
4461 Posts
Posted: March 17, 2007, 9:05 pm - IP Logged

2 ways I spent $4 today:

I just bought my first 2 scratch tickets Saturday.  It was only $2 a ticket called Lucky 7s.  If you get a 7 then you get the prize show, 2 lucky 7s then you get double the prize show.  I scratched all 20 squares (10 per ticket) and won nothing. $4 bucks down the drain.  Hey, it's my birthday weekend so I'm going a little wild.  Figured it was my time to get lucky!  LOL

My neighbor is a caretaker for a very, very wealthy woman.  Her employer often buys $200 pants and then decides to get rid of them.  Sometimes the lady just cleans out her home, one of many, and I offer a few bucks on the toiletries, but only what's in unopened packages.  So my neighbor had another "garage" sale and boy do I wish I could have squeezed into those silk pants.  Anyway, I bought a gorgeous cotton top for $1 and a 20" Holmes box fan (brand new) for $2.  I had another dollar left and got a GE 2 line phone (for 50 cents) and a set of 4 wine glasses.

So which is the better deal?  LOL

ToJo76*'s avatar - lottolion2
    Middle GA
    United States
    Member #42874
    July 9, 2006
    3912 Posts
    Posted: March 18, 2007, 4:16 pm - IP Logged

Glad you ended up with an EXCELLENT bargain on your b-day weekend justxploring!

I don't know how I feel about the scratch-offs.  I appear to be the queen of winning free tickets in GA.  But not much else.  All the other money spent on scratch-offs has gone down the drain just like you said.  I'm still a little hopeful when a new ticket comes out, but I haven't done well with them at all this year.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend birthday girl!Party

Happily embracing my abundance daily! Big Smile

Coastal Georgia
      United States
      Member #2653
      October 30, 2003
      1866 Posts
      Posted: March 19, 2007, 3:54 pm - IP Logged

2 ways I spent $4 today:

I just bought my first 2 scratch tickets Saturday.  It was only $2 a ticket called Lucky 7s.  If you get a 7 then you get the prize show, 2 lucky 7s then you get double the prize show.  I scratched all 20 squares (10 per ticket) and won nothing. $4 bucks down the drain.  Hey, it's my birthday weekend so I'm going a little wild.  Figured it was my time to get lucky!  LOL

My neighbor is a caretaker for a very, very wealthy woman.  Her employer often buys $200 pants and then decides to get rid of them.  Sometimes the lady just cleans out her home, one of many, and I offer a few bucks on the toiletries, but only what's in unopened packages.  So my neighbor had another "garage" sale and boy do I wish I could have squeezed into those silk pants.  Anyway, I bought a gorgeous cotton top for $1 and a 20" Holmes box fan (brand new) for $2.  I had another dollar left and got a GE 2 line phone (for 50 cents) and a set of 4 wine glasses.

So which is the better deal?  LOL

JXP- Obviously, for you the better deal was the items you picked up at the garage sale .

Good deal indeed !

Myself, I like instant games. In fact, I just hit on a $10 ticket Friday for $100 and a $20 ticket for $200 yesterday...

DD

ToJo76*'s avatar - lottolion2
        Middle GA
        United States
        Member #42874
        July 9, 2006
        3912 Posts
        Posted: March 19, 2007, 9:07 pm - IP Logged

JXP- Obviously, for you the better deal was the items you picked up at the garage sale .

Good deal indeed !

Myself, I like instant games. In fact, I just hit on a $10 ticket Friday for $100 and a $20 ticket for $200 yesterday...

DD

I'm glad somebody's hitting DD.  I guess I need to jump in and try the more expensive tickets.  The $3 and $5 haven't done much for me!

Happily embracing my abundance daily! Big Smile

Coastal Georgia
          United States
          Member #2653
          October 30, 2003
          1866 Posts
          Posted: March 19, 2007, 11:37 pm - IP Logged

I guess I haven't the patience for the smaller tickets.

I  like the quick win or the quick kill....

Good luck, ToJo76* !!!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10390 Posts
            Posted: March 25, 2007, 12:24 am - IP Logged

Mrs Coin Toss plays scratchers.....she sure hits more often than I do on Little Lotto.....nothing spectacular, $200 one time on a $2 ticket though.

I always figured scratchers for are for people that want to know right now, not wait for a drawing, but some people have said that's what they play because the occassionally "get a bone" more often than with number games.

Several clerks have said always buy more than one of any given ticket.  

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

justxploring's avatar - villiarna
              Wandering Aimlessly
              United States
              Member #25360
              November 5, 2005
              4461 Posts
              Posted: March 27, 2007, 7:17 pm - IP Logged

Mrs Coin Toss plays scratchers.....

I just read this post.  Is that what you have on your marriage certificate?  LOL