Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 2:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

You got your jackpot money. Would you change/do things differently?

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 10 years ago by Coin Toss.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

You got your jackpot money. Would you change/do things differently?

Nope, i'd do most things the same as always. [ 1 ]  [2.50%]
Heck yeah! Im gonna do almost EVERYTHING different [ 18 ]  [45.00%]
Just a few minor changes to my lifestyle. [ 20 ]  [50.00%]
Other [ 1 ]  [2.50%]
Total Valid Votes [ 40 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
MegaWinner's avatar - Lottery-029.jpg
New Jersey
United States
Member #50273
March 3, 2007
348 Posts
Posted: March 18, 2007, 11:33 pm - IP Logged

For me, I know they say that money changes people but I have thought about this a LOT.  Me personally, I wouldn't do much differently than what I do now.  The most obvious change would be that I would retire.  Other than that I would still keep track of how much money I spend.  I'd still hang out with my favorite 3 people (my wife and kids).  We'd still go out to the malls and out to eat.  I wouldn't buy stuff that I didn't do prior research on (yup, I'm one of those types of people that researches almost everything before I buy it.  There is a discussion forum for almost every product on the market lol). 

I would still keep limits on spending when we are out.  I'd still wear the same clothes (except for the suits).  And i'd pretty much do everything the same as I have always done.  I actually really like my life the way it is now.  I just feel like a jackpot win would be the icing on the cake. 

When I win, I will not turn into a party animal.  I won't start hanging out at all times of the night.  I'll still watch the same tv shows and browse the same internet sites.  I would not become a smug or arrogant jerk; nor would I think I was better than other people because I have lots of money.  I'd still be the same ol' MegaWinner but with an extremely large bank account(s) lol!  Oh yeah, and i'd travel a LOT more.

What about you guys?

Sun Smiley I got my fingers crossed ready to win!!! Sun Smiley

stephi's avatar - winifrid
    rural lowcountry, south carolina
    United States
    Member #31677
    February 2, 2006
    196 Posts
    Posted: March 19, 2007, 10:53 am - IP Logged

I would eat in at restaurants instead of getting carryout and eat at nice restaurants more often instead of fast food all of the time. I would drive 30 miles to get gourmet subs instead of eating at local Subway. I would tip well all of the time and tip the other people that I am supposed to tip that I currently don't. If I saw something I wanted, I would just buy it instead of can't afford to. Eventually the can't afford to would turn into I don't need it so i wouldn't spend all my money away. I would try all that mail order food/organic mail order grocery store. I would sign up for a fruit of the month club, a flower of the month club, and a lei monthly club. I would have some custom exercise equipment made for my 2 fat cats. I'm already thinking up ideas for that. I would retire. I would take vacations. Tithe more than I currently do. Fix up my mother's house. That's all.

LuckyLilly's avatar - savy chick.png

United States
      Member #50124
      February 26, 2007
      601 Posts
      Posted: March 19, 2007, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

It would change me completely cuz I'd finally be able to afford that shrink I so desperately need.  Crazy

Elizabeth03's avatar - cat anm.gif
        Nova Scotia
        Canada
        Member #9934
        December 27, 2004
        891 Posts
        Posted: March 19, 2007, 1:03 pm - IP Logged

I'd finally be able to move out of my mother's house. Crazy    I'm in between jobs, so my finances aren't very good right now. It would be about time, and great to finally have financial independance if I won a large prize. As well I'd pay off bills. Travel and get away, and see the places I've always wanted to visit.

Also, help my mother with her bills, and help others. And I would feel better.  Guitar

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
          Indiana
          United States
          Member #48725
          January 7, 2007
          1958 Posts
          Posted: March 19, 2007, 3:18 pm - IP Logged

First thing I would do is buy a Corvette Z06.Cool

Gonna win.Big Smile

JAP69's avatar - alas
            South Carolina
            United States
            Member #6
            November 4, 2001
            8795 Posts
            Posted: March 19, 2007, 6:41 pm - IP Logged

full retirement for me.

Probably find something to do from being bored after retirement. Maybe buy some land and build a couple hundred condos.

Maybe invetigate a depressed area and build a manufacturing plant for local employment.

Type

Uff Da!'s avatar - InCelebration 001.jpg
              Washington State
              United States
              Member #33973
              February 26, 2006
              347 Posts
              Posted: March 20, 2007, 7:00 am - IP Logged

It would change me, all right.  I'd get a face lift!  Big Smile  Might have my boobs lifted, too!  But no, no implants.

Nova Scotia
                Canada
                Member #9934
                December 27, 2004
                891 Posts
                Posted: March 20, 2007, 5:09 pm - IP Logged

Uff Da, that's funny. That's a good one.Big Smile

MADDOG10's avatar - smoke
                  Beautiful Florida
                  United States
                  Member #5709
                  July 18, 2004
                  20225 Posts
                  Posted: March 20, 2007, 5:22 pm - IP Logged

RETIRE, 

Then I buy a "Harley Dealership" somewhere down south and enjoy......!

eyeballs

" You can not control the Wind, but you can direct the Sail "

Amarillo/Austin
                    United States
                    Member #1424
                    April 25, 2003
                    696 Posts
                    Posted: March 20, 2007, 5:32 pm - IP Logged

I would goof off as usual, but I wouldn't feel as guilty about it.

Orangeman                          Sad Cheers

Nova Scotia
                      Canada
                      Member #9934
                      December 27, 2004
                      891 Posts
                      Posted: March 20, 2007, 6:22 pm - IP Logged

Maddog, that's hilarious,  the eyes in the picture. Where did you get that at?

Dance

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                        Zeta Reticuli Star System
                        United States
                        Member #30470
                        January 17, 2006
                        10388 Posts
                        Posted: March 20, 2007, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

Since we live in a country that's large enough to allow one to do so, my biggest change would probably be "picking my own weather."

I absolutely hate hot, humid summers and would probably go somewhere, one of those wonderful places, where people say, "What summer?" or, "Well, summer is basically the July 4th weekend and that's it."

To me one of life's mysteries will always be why anyone would live in Louisiana, consdiering the weather. 

Scared

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                          Member #10720
                          January 23, 2005
                          933 Posts
                          Posted: March 20, 2007, 7:16 pm - IP Logged

I would quit playing for the most part and focus on predictions and sharing my program. Winning the Pick 3 or 4 wouldn't be exciting in the face of millions of dollars... I might instead write a new program aimed at the stock market, and I'd get a Jeep so I'd not have to worry about the ____ weather.

spy153's avatar - maren

United States
                            Member #28409
                            December 15, 2005
                            1198 Posts
                            Posted: March 20, 2007, 7:48 pm - IP Logged

10% or more to my church aside, and charities, I would get an inground pool installed into my big home I would buy. I might try to hire Maddog10 to come cruise me around on that motorcycle of his, since I really can't stand to drive myself anymore. LOL! Kidding, I have a hubby for that. I would have a gym room and dance studio installed as well. (Two things I love to do and it's great exercise.) I would finally be able to afford a personal nutritionist/chef. I love to cook, but my cooking is southern and fattening. I might get a boob reduction. (these things are weighing me down here.) I would love to travel to Hawaii, tahitti, and back to Rome and France. I loved Venice and Germany. My family has never traveled like that and it would be the best thing they have ever done. Seeing that there are places in this world that are different from our little home town would do them a world of good. But some serious therapy would have to be done first, since I dont drink alcohol and traveling seems to bring on panic attacks for me nowdays. Oh, and my oldest daughter needs lipo!! Then a trainer to stay on her like white on rice.

voir-vous dans mes reves!Cool

Racine,Wisconsin.
                              United States
                              Member #47605
                              November 14, 2006
                              17 Posts
                              Posted: March 20, 2007, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

If I ever won the big one, the only problem I would have is to keep

a perspective on things, like the value of a dollar.

The only other thing I would think about is being totally anonymous.

Although they say this is hard to achieve, I figure having a body guard

at a grocery store is kinda rediculous.