Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 11:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

I have not been playing SC lottery

Topic closed. 3 replies. Last post 10 years ago by demdude.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Abbeville SC
United States
Member #19649
August 3, 2005
429 Posts
Posted: March 20, 2007, 11:47 am - IP Logged

I don't want to rain on nobody's parade, But I haven't played SC lottery since March 9th. I have gotten so mad at them. I have come to relized that we/I'm actually spending more money than I'm winning. I was getting behind on my bills trying to catch those trips and other numbers. Since I haven't been playing my # still are not falling. After each draw I will count up the money that I didn't  waste for that day. It feels good when you see that you haven't lost any money. But Good luck to yall that do continue to play. 

Lotsofmoney   

United States
    Member #50319
    March 3, 2007
    42 Posts
    Posted: March 20, 2007, 12:04 pm - IP Logged

You do have to keep gambling in check. It can be addicting just as drugs and alchohol and before you know it, you are in bankruptcy court. If you have the means, set aside a certain amount each month, even if it is just $10. Use that money, and then stop for the month. 1000 to 1 and 10000 to 1 odds are not a way to keep a steady income. If you find yourself starting to exceed your budgeted amount, go talk to someone, friend, preacher, GA group, etc.
    You have to have discipline, and you have to keep away from the scratch off cards especially.
    Good luck and I hope you do well.

Abbeville SC
      United States
      Member #19649
      August 3, 2005
      429 Posts
      Posted: March 20, 2007, 1:21 pm - IP Logged

You do have to keep gambling in check. It can be addicting just as drugs and alchohol and before you know it, you are in bankruptcy court. If you have the means, set aside a certain amount each month, even if it is just $10. Use that money, and then stop for the month. 1000 to 1 and 10000 to 1 odds are not a way to keep a steady income. If you find yourself starting to exceed your budgeted amount, go talk to someone, friend, preacher, GA group, etc.
      You have to have discipline, and you have to keep away from the scratch off cards especially.
      Good luck and I hope you do well.

Thanks for your input on this post. I had to make a choice between keeping what i have, taking care of my family or lottery. I choose keeping what I have and taking care of my family. We are doing nothing but making SC lottery richer. They have way more money than us. I use to have more money in my pocket when I was not playing the lottery. That's the way I want it again.

Lotsofmoney 

United States
        Member #50319
        March 3, 2007
        42 Posts
        Posted: March 20, 2007, 4:37 pm - IP Logged

If you can keep within your limits, hitting a Cash4 straight or straight/box is some nice money. But we have to realize it is a 10,000 to one shot. And the way I play is use 5 numbers each day, no more than that.
        If you are using money that should go somewhere else, you do need to stop. And if you find yourself unable to stop after this, go to a Gamblers Annonymous meeting. They are folks who could not stop either and have been to the limits on gambling.
        I remember someone telling me they used to buy a roll of scratch offs at a time, ended up in bankruptcy court. They are doing wel now, they go to GA, and they just have to stay away from places that tempt them (which could be every convenience store in North America) and use support from other people.